• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Benita

Banned
Aug 27, 2018
Except your stance begins and ends at criticizing how other people protest, that's all you are.

You and your stance are simply not worth discussing.
If you're paying attention, that's not really true. Unless you disagree that the similarly reductive summary of the other argument is "Fuck Tucker Carlson" then what is worth discussing there?

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
Good. Fascism peddling scum don't deserve to feel safe or comfortable at any point. Fuck Tucker Carlson and his entire existence.

SmarmySmurf

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
If you're paying attention, that's not really true. Unless you disagree that the similarly reductive summary of the other argument is "Fuck Tucker Carlson" then what is worth discussing there?

Saying "Fuck Tucker Carlson" is a sentiment that doesn't need a reason to be discussed. Just repeating it over and over is its own pleasure. And while we're at it, fuck Tucker Carlson's nazi ass wife and his nazi ass adult children.

But seriously, its hard to take your posts in good faith when you keep calling protesting harassment.

Benita

Banned
Aug 27, 2018
Saying "Fuck Tucker Carlson" is a sentiment that doesn't need a reason to be discussed. Just repeating it over and over is its own pleasure. And while we're at it, fuck Tucker Carlson's nazi ass wife and his nazi ass adult children.

I totally get this. I mean, fuck Tucker Carlson. That smug/confused dumbass look he keeps plastered on his face when someone is trying to explain to him what it means not to be an asshole is infuriating.

But seriously, its hard to take your posts in good faith when you keep calling protesting harassment.

Fair enough. I mean it's not Acosta-level bad.

yes that's a stupid joke

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
Fucker Carlson tried to paint my country as some sort of Sharia-Law Controlled Hellscape of rape and murders just because we're actually humanitarian and took in more refugees per capita then any other nation in Europe.

Fuck that man.

KimiNewt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't see what this will achieve. I'm sure it feels good but I see only negative consequences from this.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i feel like this should be done to the richest people in the country. make their lives unbearable until they put their wealth to work for public good.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
or how about just taking their wealth and property instead?
i'd be all for that, but to do so legally would require legislation that has no chance of passing. the best bet is to harass them as much as the law allows to make them just give up or at least hide in some bunker in the middle of nowhere.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
i feel like this should be done to the richest people in the country. make their lives unbearable until they put their wealth to work for public good.

If only there was a system that would allow the wealth of the ultra-rich to be redistributed among the rest of the population. Aaah, oh well. Let's just pull ourselves up by our bootstraps and become filthy rich too!

Vela

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2018
i'd be all for that, but to do so legally would require legislation that has no chance of passing. the best bet is to harass them as much as the law allows to make them just give up or at least hide in some bunker in the middle of nowhere.

then we should also abolish the institutions that uphold the laws that protect the hoarding of wealth and private property

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I understand that for many, politics is a centrifuge, but I assure you that as a rational person it's entirely possible to abhor familial separation, mandatory detention, and Donald Trump himself, whilst also thinking that picketing a scummy journalist's family home is not a great thing to do.
Should politics not be a centrifuge when there are fucking child concentration camps?

Oh yeah, you absolutely fancy yourself a real rational person. That's why you've defended Kanye, Roseanne, and Joe Rogan all within just about the past month. That's your idea of rational, I guess, is giving credence to some people doing pretty terrible shit. People like you think you're being a rational voice by promoting some centrist bullshit, or standing on the sidelines tut-tutting liberals (which you love to do, can always count on you when there's a charged liberal conversation to come in and support the other side) but really you're only hurting, you're not helping anyone but yourself.

Cub3h

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh the horror, what is this world coming to when even neo-fascists can't spout their vile garbage without any personal consequences?!

Downhome

Oct 27, 2017
This is disgusting and, although I know I shouldn't be, I'm still shocked that some people defend it. Not only defend it but encourage it, and then go extra steps to advocate doing it to not just TV news hosts but to the rich in general. I read that he and his children weren't even home and his wife and had to lock herself in a pantry as these idiots were on their property and I believe I even read they broke his door. Thank God they didn't decide to go all the way in. This is on a completely different level than other protests, even the ones in public at restaurants and the sort (although I still don't agree with that). I can understand folks of a certain mindset being find with that sort of thing, whatever. It's in the public, or on the public street, ok. But this is beyond crossing the line and anyone that defends it literally worries me.

Deleted member 21380

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Have fun when right wing mobs show up on the doorsteps of your favorite CNN hosts or twitter "personalities".

Because this is what this escalation will lead to.

Also, all of you victim blaming weirdos who think some teenage children should go through this because they're white can fuck right off next time you cry on this board when some nobody said something bad on Twitter.

Downhome

Oct 27, 2017
Can you link to where you read this?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...argeted-by-protesters/?utm_term=.3a470e7ab2fa

Fox News host Tucker Carlson was at his desk Wednesday evening, less than two hours before his 8 p.m. live show, when he suddenly started receiving multiple text messages.

There was some sort of commotion happening outside his home in Northwest D.C.

"I called my wife," Carlson told The Washington Post in a phone interview. "She had been in the kitchen alone getting ready to go to dinner and she heard pounding on the front door and screaming. ... Someone started throwing himself against the front door and actually cracked the front door."

His wife, thinking it was a home invasion, locked herself in the pantry and called 911, Carlson said. The couple have four children, but none were home at the time.

But it wasn't a home invasion. It was a protest.

Have fun when right wing mobs show up on the doorsteps of your favorite CNN hosts or twitter "personalities".

This right here is what my biggest concern is, and it's complete inevitable if anyone starts to attempt to normalize this kind of reckless, criminal, behavior. How folks don't think about that, it's just beyond me.

Oct 25, 2017

Also, all of you victim blaming weirdos who think some teenage children should go through this because they're white can fuck right off next time you cry on this board when some nobody said something bad on Twitter.

Right wing mobs don't protest reporters. They drive cars into crowds of people and shoot up churches and send pipe bombs to politicians and burn down synagogues and organize militias to the Mexican border to shoot immigrants at the suggestion of their right wing leaders. Maybe shut the fuck up if you don't know what you're talking about because this is a response to violence that has already come from them and is ongoing.

phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018

phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018
Right wing mobs don't protest reporters. They drive cars into crowds of people and shoot up churches and send pipe bombs to politicians and burn down synagogues and organize militias to the Mexican border to shoot immigrants at the suggestion of their right wing leaders. Maybe shut the fuck up if you don't know what you're talking about because this is a response to violence that has already come from them and is ongoing.

Thats a false equivalence, this is more akin to the idiots protesting at military funerals etc.

And maybe watch your language.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
This is dumb as shit. You all are advocating violence against not just a somewhat scummy TV personality but also his family? Breaking and entering and potentially escalating into attacking physically as shit like that tends to do?

That's bullshit. Now, think next what happens if right wing/nazi mob does the same to someone on the left? Would that be ok? Tit for tat and all?

I don't like Tucker what's his name but there is a line that really shouldn't be crossed if we are talking a democratic country with a rule of law, and despite all Trump bullshit US is still that.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-antifa-break-door-chant-fox-host/1927868002/

The host of "Tucker Carlson Tonight" told Fox the mob broke his oak door and one person in the group mentioned a pipe bomb, as heard on a security video.

"Here's the problem, I have four children," he told Fox. "I never thought twice about leaving them home alone, but this is the reaction because this group doesn't like my TV show."

Yeah, he still thinks it's because people "don't like" his TV show and not because of his racist rhetoric that is getting people hurt.

Oct 25, 2017
Thats a false equivalence, this is more akin to the idiots protesting at military funerals etc.

And maybe watch your language.

I dunno if you noticed, but we're past funeral protests. And maybe cover your eyes if naughty words offend you.

This is dumb as shit. You all are advocating violence against not just a somewhat scummy TV personality but also his family? Breaking and entering and potentially escalating into attacking physically as shit like that tends to do?

That's bullshit. Now, think next what happens if right wing/nazi mob does the same to someone on the left? Would that be ok? Tit for tat and all?

I don't like Tucker what's his name but there is a line that really shouldn't be crossed if we are talking a democratic country with a rule of law, and despite all Trump bullshit US is still that.

Violence has already happened to people on the left, so I don't understand why you're acting like these protesters are the ones starting something.

Bandage

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet

Shut
The
Fuck
Up

I'm so fucking sick and tired of this fucking "OH NO! WHAT IF THE RIGHT STARTS DOING THIS!!!!"

Fuck off.
The right IS ALREADY KILLING US.

They skipped protesting and went right for ethnic and social cleansing.

So fuck you. We've long since passed the point of being peaceful.

While we are run over and gunned down and bombed, you worry about how they'll react to people outside of a house chanting?

Just fuuuuuuuuck you.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Shut
The
Fuck
Up

I'm so fucking sick and tired of this fucking "OH NO! WHAT IF THE RIGHT STARTS DOING THIS!!!!"

Fuck off.
The right IS ALREADY KILLING US.

They skipped protesting and went right for ethnic and social cleansing.

So fuck you. We've long since passed the point of being peaceful.

While we are run over and gunned down and bombed, you worry about how they'll react to people outside of a house chanting?

Just fuuuuuuuuck you.
You need to fucking chill out. I didn't insult you and stated my opinion. You go and fuck off yorself.

Again, if there is violence there are clear legal actions that can be taken. And they are taken when/if shit happens. Inflicting violence against Fox News assholes is dumb as shit as it validates their spiel and Trump's posturing. But ok, you do you.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
I dunno if you noticed, but we're past funeral protests. And maybe cover your eyes if naughty words offend you.

Violence has already happened to people on the left, so I don't understand why you're acting like these protesters are the ones starting something.
Give us some examples where violence has happened without a legal reaction. Again, despite what you think US is a country with a legal system which is enforced.

Edit: Look at the USA Today article which is as mainstream as it gets and tell me if it's a good look. If you want to scare undecided into Trump's side in 2 years continue in this course.

Nov 18, 2017
This is disgusting and, although I know I shouldn't be, I'm still shocked that some people defend it. Not only defend it but encourage it, and then go extra steps to advocate doing it to not just TV news hosts but to the rich in general. I read that he and his children weren't even home and his wife and had to lock herself in a pantry as these idiots were on their property and I believe I even read they broke his door. Thank God they didn't decide to go all the way in. This is on a completely different level than other protests, even the ones in public at restaurants and the sort (although I still don't agree with that). I can understand folks of a certain mindset being find with that sort of thing, whatever. It's in the public, or on the public street, ok. But this is beyond crossing the line and anyone that defends it literally worries me.

You think this is what crosses a line? Hilarious.

Bandage

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Give us some examples where violence has happened without a legal reaction.
Trump ripping families apart and putting them in camps.
Alex Jones telling listeners to rise up and arm themselves against the "antifa".
Tucker Carlson nightly calling for the end of white cleansing.

Every
Single
Day

These pieces of human garbage get away with countless crimes against humanity.

And you're worried about people chanting in front of houses.

Get over yourself.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Good luck crazy people thinking this is a sane tactic, it will just drive more voters to Trump and let the republicans cruise to an easy 2020 sweep. Glad to hear the twitter handle organizing this got suspended.

Krauser Kat

Oct 27, 2017

TLDR "i have mine, fuck you, stay where you are" Public actions have consequences, this the power of people holding the rich and fascist accountable. We simply do not have other means at the moment. Tucker Carlson is the media wing of an increasingly fascist government that we do not know the horrors they are committing to immigrants, and will be years before we find out.

So yes, keep hand wringing while others fight for your right to live in republic and not a banana one.

Oct 25, 2017
Give us some examples where violence has happened without a legal reaction. Again, despite what you think US is a country with a legal system which is enforced.

Edit: Look at the USA Today article which is as mainstream as it gets and tell me if it's a good look. If you want to scare undecided into Trump's side in 2 years continue in this course.

Inciting political violence is against the law and Trump and Fox News does it every day free of consequence. Justice is not beholden to what is codified by written laws. I don't give a fuck about undecided voters because they don't exist; if fighting for human decency turns someone to the right, they were never useful to begin with.

astro

Oct 25, 2017

No.

What IS disgusting is that his man gets to sit in front of a huge audience and spew malice, bigotry, and lies. And he gets paid to do so.

This is the result of his despicable behaviour, and HE put his family in the firing line when he decided to be a mouthpiece for nationalism and bigotry.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Inciting political violence is against the law and Trump and Fox News does it every day free of consequence. Justice is not beholden to what is codified by written laws. I don't give a fuck about undecided voters because they don't exist; if fighting for human decency turns someone to the right, they were never useful to begin with.
Undecided voters from suburbs, mostly women, got Democrats majority in the House. How do you think this sort of situation plays to them?

Again, from political and visibility perspective, this sort of a situation just plays into right wing hands.

Broken Joystick

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
England
Perfectly fine with people protesting him and his shit out in public, but don't start impacting the lives of his children and wife who think they're getting fucking robbed because people cross the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.