Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr Wily

Dr Wily

Its a 'response' to someone who is not in government and has no political power and cannot be held accountable for anything the government has done, has not shot up a church and cannot be held accountable for shooting up a church, and has not run over protesters and cannot be held accountable for running over protesters.
    And it is a 'response' that includes the incidental targetting of a family who are not public figures and have every right to feel safe in their home.

2. The Kree

The Kree

This is what you respond to? You're a clown. Bye.

3. ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

It is not an opinion. It is a fact. It it not up for debate.

4. Psychoward

Psychoward

He can be held accountable for spreading governmental fascist white supremacist propaganda.

Fox News is basically state run media at this point.

5. Vyrak

Vyrak

Your ignorance is showing.

6. StereoVSN

StereoVSN

Yeah, I call bullshit. If we want to win 2020 elections then we need Suburban women voters much the same way they got House turned Blue.

For you to throw “cowards” and “don’t need them” means that you are basically giving up 2020 election cycle because apparently instead we should instigate violence against families of political opponents.

7. StereoVSN

StereoVSN

And the way to stop that is to vote him out of office. Not by this shit.

8. Psychoward

Psychoward

Who's instigating violence?

9. Vyrak

Vyrak

Violence has already been instigated, please pay attention.

10. Psychoward

Psychoward

Tucker Carlson can't be voted out of office. Fox News can't be voted out of office.

11. Richiek

Richiek

Bullshit. Carlson is a part of a news organization that purposely lies and misleads its viewership with hateful rhetoric and acts as the propaganda wing of the GOP. He certainly does have political power and you know it.

12. I don't know if it's instigating, but have you heard "I know where you sleep at night" outside the context of a threat before? I have not.

13. HotTakeCakes

HotTakeCakes

Fuck Carlson but man, ERA, I don't think I'm with you on this one.

Pretty shocked at some of the posts TBH.

14. Capra

Capra

Don't get dirt on the Klansman's nice white sheets you guys. That's going too far

15. Vyrak

Vyrak

I feel like you don't know what instigating means.

16. I don't think you can say a public threat isn't covered by the definition of instigate.

17. StereoVSN

StereoVSN

To stop Trump’s shenanigans is to vote him out. To do that support from white educated suburban women is needed.

Supporting violence against political opponents (and families) is not the way to get those votes.

18. Finale Fireworker

Finale Fireworker
    Love each other or die trying. Moderator

Let's keep our emotions in check here and not attack or antagonize each other over this story.

19. Fair enough. At least, quote my whole post, rather than cherry picking. Dont watch Tucker Carlson so I would not know (intent in my post). Video you linked is not a good look. Do you have a link to the whole segment? Curious now.

Regardless, him being also a shitbag, is not going to change my opinion that it is ok to intimidate the man's wife while home.

20. The Kree

The Kree

Wrong. We lost those people in 2016 and still got the popular vote.

Getting voters ain't the problem. Most Americans are on demonstrably board for liberal causes. It's getting past an election system heavily rigged against us by way of gerrymandering and voter suppression.

The country was founded in protest and solidified by war, by angry violent white men. Women's suffrage movement was violent. The Civil War was violent. Stonewall was violent. The civil rights movement in the 60's was violent. You're not gonna convince me that this isn't the way to do things when it has been every step of the way in our country's history. What you are convincing me of is that you're really concerned with the well being of white supremacy in America because guess what, Tucker Carlson is a white supremacist working for a white supremacists propaganda machine.

21. StereoVSN

StereoVSN

Yeap, now throw in mention of a pipe bomb and break the front door. Then support that as a good thing in this very thread. No, that’s apparently the new normal.

Again, this is not the way to get unaffiliated voters. You can bet this is going to get spun up everywhere.

22. DrROBschiz

DrROBschiz

I still think hitting these people in the pocket book is the more effective strategy

I admire the courage of protesters and even if their conduct falls into questionable territory it pales on comparison to the evils committed by the ones they protest against

We need to strive to build a culture where these hate mongers arent financially rewarded

Until then im not surprised people rise up in anger to make their lives hell. Could be way worse of these bad actor continue to push us toward hateful dystopia and blight

23. Vyrak

Vyrak

To instigate is to provoke an escalation. People are literally already being murdered.

24. Ex Lion Tamer

Ex Lion Tamer

It’s like when calling someone a racist is somehow worse than that person actually being racist. People prioritize order over justice for others.

25. This was all instigated the day Jesus was murdered!

I know where you sleep at night.

26. StereoVSN

StereoVSN

You can’t see the difference between being against bullshit nazi propaganda and at the same time not advocating violence against families even of people like Carlson?

27. rob305

rob305

Some posts in this thread are absolutely disgusting

28. water_wendi

water_wendi

i wonder what the response is going to be. Years ago when this happened to Karl Rove not much happened.. now though?

29. Vyrak

Vyrak

If you are trying to prove how dumb you are, don't bother. We already know.

30. Gaia Lanzer

Gaia Lanzer

Hey, if they grow up straight and don't allow themselves to be brainwashed by the bullshit their daddy and Fox News spews out, that's a net positive. There are also slim chances they could be those "rebellious kids" that are grossed out by the shit their parents stand for and opt NOT to go do that route of beliefs and political standing. Hell, I'm not like my dad and made sure I'd NEVER be like him.

31. Coyote Starrk

Coyote Starrk

The way that the usual right wing shits are trying to spin yesterday's news is fucking pathetic.

32. See my threat of knowing where you sleep at night instigated a personal insult from you. Thus proving my point that a threat can be defined as instigating.

33. Pancracio17

Pancracio17

I had no idea who this guy was, but now I know enough. Fuck him.

34. Hassel

Hassel

Reported this thread to the fbi.

35. Psychoward

Psychoward

also

there's no video right? and the only statement about breaking down the door comes from carlson?

so

yeah

36. The Kree

The Kree

No I can't, because Nazism is a promise of violence. Violence is a cornerstone of that philosophy. So it follows that any act of violence against Nazism is merely self defense.

37. Vyrak

Vyrak

Again, your ignorance is showing. This dumb comparison would make sense if I already murdered some of your family.

38. PMS341

PMS341

• User Banned (1 week): Trolling, recently accumulated infractions
    Has his house burned down yet?

39. Psychoward

Psychoward

No one is saying to be violent against him here. Protesting outside of his home is not being violent. Also, there's no video and the police didn't even disperse them so....

40. Psychoward

Psychoward

oh lol

LOL

the twitter account got suspended, thanks jack for addressing the issue

41. Thunder

Thunder

Why would you ask that ?

42. StereoVSN

StereoVSN

Sure they are. Look at posts just above. Again, there were threats of pipe bombs, knowing where he slept and front door was broken. Anyway, this is pointless arguing in circles.

43. Wow, rude.

44. Hjod

Hjod

I think it's hillarious that the right is so afraid of Antifa, it's so funny that they're talking shit about an organization that is called Anti Facist Action, I mean come on. Luckily for Tucker it's not the European version.

45. I’ll await the extradition notice for complicit sass.

46. Driggonny

Driggonny

looks like he's making a jacking off motion
    <3

47. PMS341

PMS341

Because Tucker Carlson wishes literal, actual genocide upon those who aren't white and male? It's self-defense at this point.

48. GameShrink

GameShrink

While I don't condone violence, I also wouldn't feel any sympathy towards these people if something bad were to happen to them.

They enable domestic terrorism against the majority of the country on a daily basis. Even if we treat them kindly and respectfully, it will not change their attitude towards us.

They should fear for their own safety for a change.

49. Christian

Christian

Week after fucking BOMBS are mailed to the homes of several prominent liberal figures, people complain that protesting on someone’s lawn might cause the far-right to escalate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.