Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gardfish

gardfish

Tucker Carlson sent his cronies to harass my former college's president at his home for a nonsense story in the weeks after the 2016 election. He's just getting a taste of his own medicine.

2. -2B-

-2B-

This thread is one of the worst things I have read on the internet.

3. Sianos

Sianos

but it sure is "okay" when Tucker does it in front of a live audience of millions of people, eh?

that's my point, as i've stated multiple times in this thread and even alluded to in the post you selectively quoted

4. RedMercury

RedMercury

His "job" is being a Nazi propaganda mouthpiece. It's disgusting to handwave what he does away as "just doing his job".

5. yumms

yumms

This elementary concept is lost for many here.

This act changed nothing, except to give him more viewers and make his arguments against the left stronger.

6. Xaszatm

Xaszatm

:(

It's infuriating.

7. Paul

Paul

• User Banned (3 Days): Trolling and inflammatory false equivalencies over a series of posts
    Indeed, I rarely go to etcera in general, but thanks for combing through my post history like the little communist apparatchik you apparently aspire to be.

8. phonicjoy

phonicjoy

Sure, he surely didn't intend to convey hysterical shouting.

9. Jecht

Jecht

You live a very sheltered and privileged life then.

Ah, you're one of those.

10. Dr Wily

Dr Wily

It doesn't fucking matter what tactics 'the other side' use, jfc.
    I'm not left wing because its a fucking sports team. I'm left wing because I believe in certain principles.

11. Xaszatm

Xaszatm

...why did you quote me twice? I'm still responding to the other response.

12. Sianos

Sianos

i literally write in every post "don't commit acts of violence!" and somehow that isn't enough for you

yet Tucker and his ilk aren't even held to THAT standard

you are unconcerned with stochastic terrorism from the right because you have internalized it as the status quo

13. saenima

saenima

Goebbels was just doing his job.

14. beelulzebub

beelulzebub

Sorry, forgot that examining the record to root out people arguing in bad faith and have problematic opinions is also a nazi tactic.

Thanks for doubly confirming I was right about you.

15. Rigby

Rigby

You’re 100% right.
    This place is going wild, the fact that folks care more about an NPC in a game speaks volumes.

16. mael

mael

Oooooooh!
    Not the c word accusation! That's a major burn he'll take days to recover from!
    Are you going to separate his kids from their family and put them in jail though?

17. Paul

Paul

Except none of my opinions are problematic; asking people not to use nazi tactics of intimidation is not problematic at all. I don't care who does it, left or right.

18. Dr Wily

Dr Wily

No, I am very concerned about it, just as I am concerned about it from the extremist left, which is literally why I am wasting my time trying to talk reason ITT where people just want to seemingly see someone fucking get killed and then go "well, he deserved it"

19. riotous

riotous

Tucker Carlson deserves worse than this; but what exactly do people expect to gain from harassing him? Do you actually think Tucker Carlson or anyone else will lessen their disgusting rhetoric over this?

20. Xaszatm

Xaszatm

At this point, it doesn't matter if it isn't organized (and with Proud Boys starting up, that might not be true for long anyways), it's been happening with alarming frequency that it can't be ignored and if we are going to quote MLK JR, we should also mention his quote about the white moderate. They're complacency is just as much to blame for allowing these white terrorists to grow and fester.

21. Vyrak

Vyrak

Those principles include hand-wringing over how nazi propagandists are treated?

22. phonicjoy

phonicjoy

Its really fucking hard to understand apparently.

23. Eatin' Olives

Eatin' Olives

It sadly is. Thankfully there's enough people out there who disagree, and are able and willing to take action in the face of rising fascism lurking among the stalwarts of American culture. Milquetoast moderates can continue their sheltered lives, thinking covering their eyes and ears of the reality around them will simply make the "bad guys" go away. I wish they would just step aside instead of spending so much energy into claiming moral superiority for doing nothing.

24. phonicjoy

phonicjoy

There is a difference between complacency and non-violence.

25. Kthulhu

Kthulhu

No violence has occurred.

I'm tired of foreigners complaining about how we don't protest enough and when we do they wag their fingers at how we protest.

26. Sianos

Sianos

you know, it takes more effort to not quote my entire post than it does to copy one line in manually

27. potatohead

potatohead

What they should do is nothing but play LA bamba outside his house

Nonstop forever until everyone including idiot tucker is dancing

28. Vyrak

Vyrak

Your views on protecting white nationalists are wildy problematic.

29. -2B-

-2B-

Nah. I just don’t know many people who are cool with harassing women and children.

30. Vyrak

Vyrak

20 years olds are children in this thread.

31. mael

mael

Fun part is that their actual doing nothing is less effective than literally any push backs including over the top violence.
    Heck neonazis themselves claim that they stop doing neonazis shit when they are actually confronted.

32. RedMercury

RedMercury

The "extremist left"? If protesting outside of someone's home is "extremist" I can't imagine what you think of Tucker Carlson.

33. Lundren

Lundren

There are so many like this on this forum.

34. JCG

JCG

This guy deserves to be criticized and I don't object to the idea of protests against him as a person, but I think this specific incident has come very close to crossing a line that, in all honesty, shouldn't be crossed. Don't mess with the family and don't resort to any threats of violence.

35. mael

mael

Again they're white so they're kids until they're old enough have kids who can be elected in public offices.

36. Sianos

Sianos

there was no violence! people just yelled at him the same way that he encourages his supporters to intimidate minorities!

but every single time we try to warn about his rhetoric, we are rebuffed as assaulting his free speech and his all-important right to incite millions of unstable people to kill me to protect their family values and take back their country

but when someone yells back, suddenly it isn't free speech any more...

37. Vyrak

Vyrak

It has already been crossed by about a mile.

38. potatohead

potatohead

Agree

The man is pure scum

His children should be treated the way he respects other children which is he doesn't at all and doesn't give a fuck about any non whites

39. Jecht

Jecht

Wives of Nazi propagandists who likely share their beliefs and adults, you mean?

40. digit_zero

digit_zero

What positives can the left pull from this protest - what does it achieve?

You can always find the crazies on the other side trying to twist actions, but they generally aren't compelling anyone outside the base. You can dig and find ugly reactions to the women's march, but it was largely seen as a unifying measure and inspired *many* women to run and were just elected this week. You can find people who yelled about Antifa in Charlottesville, but the enduring image is left standing against white nationalists.

What is the message here, hell Tucker wasn't even home when they did it. They just scared his wife into calling the police.

41. JCG

JCG

No, I think it would be a lot worse if it had been.

42. saenima

saenima

The only principle a moderate has is its self preservation from any kind of disruption of his own social comfort.

Anything that could cause him to question his own passive role in other people's suffering is thoroughly dismissed as unacceptable violent behaviour.

As long as things keep more or less rolling, anything that doesn't directly affect them is acceptable and negotiable. Even nazism.

43. Dr Wily

Dr Wily

"we know where you sleep" is a fucking veiled death threat dude. Don't feign ignorance that it isn't.
    Anyone using death threats and intimidation is not legitimately exerting their rights to free speech or to protest.

I don't really give a fuck if you want to whataboutism away that Tucker Carlson is a fuck and says fuck things for a living to deflect that what they are doing is shitty.

44. astro

astro

They crossed the fucking line when they went on television and spouted their bigoted hate speech.

45. RedMercury

RedMercury

Tucker Carlson crossed the line by being a Nazi and promoting hate night after night to millions of people.
    In your opinion, sure. I would call it a warning that his shit will not go unchecked, that he is going to be accountable on all levels including a personal level, that he has nothing to hide behind anymore, including "I'm doing a TV show!".

He doesn't stop being a Nazi when he crosses the threshold of his front door.

46. saenima

saenima

A black 12 year kid is a giant, dangerous monster of a man.

A white twentysomething is a little baby Jesus.

47. mael

mael

Yes the left organized this, I was there during the special council of the Left in Minot last week, it was decided that Carlson would be harassed and it would further the Left's agenda in the public eye.

e: it was of course organized by Soros the master illuminati.

48. Sianos

Sianos

"if "we think you are categorically a pedophile who only wants to use the woman's bathroom to rape our precious white wives and daughters" is not considered a call for violence against trans people, but instead a contribution to the marketplace of ideas... then how about we pretend that "we know where you sleep at night" is just a tautological declaration of the fact that they are self-evidently aware of where Tucker sleeps at night"

DO SOMETHING (nonviolent, please) so that Tucker stops putting me in very real danger first! these protests are happening because marginalized people are desperate and afraid

49. Vyrak

Vyrak

The message is fuck Tucker Carlson and those who support him, it is pretty clear.

What's worse than mass shootings and mail bombs?

50. Eatin' Olives

Eatin' Olives

For sure, and neo-nazis and alt-right fuckwads absolutely adore the finger-waggers who come out in droves against any amount of resistance from the left. It's part of their tactics to hamstring the left into inaction because any action is automatically reprehensible literally regardless of what it is, while the far-right's domestic terrorism is normalized.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.