• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinfamy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is such a terrible fucking idea, it paints a terrible picture of "the left" and makes people not want to associate with any of its ideals.

BarcaTheGreat

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif
Came to see this

BigDes

Knows Too Much
Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that the right took an innocent pizza request email chain and turned into a pedo sex slave ring run by democrats in the basement of a building that has no basement

Stop worrying about how the right will twist things, they twist everything

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
I don't like this only cause this escalates things on the other side and things can get out of han--oh wait we had motherfuckers mailing out bombs and shooting up places of worship on the other side.

So yea. Hard to really care on way or the other. I'm sure dude makes enough money to afford therapy if this bothers him.

People protesting are wasting their time though. Who the fuck has time to go out to someone's house just to whine they don't like him on TV. Use the remote and move on with your life.

SpiritUnion

Alt-Account
Banned
Oct 20, 2018
No they shouldn't. But it was also one post and now that's what the thread is about. People that correctly took it literally, report it, and move on. That's not what this thread is supposed to be about.

But the thread is supposed to be about an angry, unruly mob showing up at a private citizen's house, right?
And it was actually at least two posts. One user made the "popped" comment and another specifically clarified "No, I meant shooting."
Then there's another user asking for his home address to be posted right there in this thread, and I doubt that's to send him flowers, y'know?

That's really just kind of the general atmosphere in here. Like a pressure cooker beginning to bulge.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
I will explicitly say if he got decked in the face like that other Nazi, the gif of him would be viral in an hour, and I would cheer in every page of the OT about it, in addition to multiple pages in the Poli OT
Speaking of things that make people uncomfortable for odd reasons

It is November 7 2018. I'm still glad Antonin Scalia and John McCain are both dead. It brings great comfort
Reminder that the right took an innocent pizza request email chain and turned into a pedo sex slave ring run by democrats in the basement of a building that has no basement

Thank you

SmarmySmurf

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I can't really say what I want without (likely) getting moderated, so I'll just say: having his address and just ringing his door/protesting peacefully seems like a wasted opportunity.

I'm suggesting months of subtly pranking him, of course.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Yep again, these people are always mad. Obama had nearly no controversies, really didn't do much of anything worth being mad about, yet people were angry, people were protesting almost immediately. Hello Tea Party. That caravan made people go to the polls. Sexual assault against Kavanaugh did. Stop caring about making Republicans angry. That's their damn default.

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
It'd be nice if this kept happening to him. Like, I'd be okay with it happening every single night.

Make his neighbors mad. Have his neighbors so riled up that they force him to move or recant his life of evil. That'd be pretty good.

Oct 28, 2017

Is it wrong to worry how the next right wing extremist with a semi automatic rifle and some pipe bombs is going to run with this? I think that's a very real concern to have these days.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
And that doesn't disturb you in any way?
Everyone loves a mob until they're the one on the wrong side of it.
What is with the pearl clutching? Over Tucker Carlson, really? What do you get out of it?
Is it wrong to worry how the next right wing extremist with a semi automatic rifle and some pipe bombs is going to run with this? I think that's a very real concern to have these days.
I'm not going to live in fear of terrorists, are you?

SpiritUnion

Alt-Account
Banned
Oct 20, 2018
Why should anyone report Puck Beaverton 's post. It wasn't advocating violence. It was expressing fear of it.

No I meant shooting, and I'm glad people are being honest instead of pretending they wouldn't be happy.

That's not how that reads. Like... At all.

What is with the pearl clutching? Over Tucker Carlson, really? What do you get out of it?

Hopefully a world where nobody has to live in fear that the next angry mob is just around the corner from them.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
It is. This thread is mob mentality. Deeply uncomfortable with people espousing harassing political opponents at their homes. This isn't about "civility." This shit is straight up dangerous.

Are you sure? Because "punched in the face" was not my read of that at all. Getting popped generally either means getting arrested, or getting shot.
It is mob mentality and it happens alot here. When people speak against it they automatically assume you side with the person. (ie Carson)

But people looking for blood on here who aren't willing to draw the blood themselves should chill the fuck out. We don't want this country to turn violent. You may want it to take a violent turn with anti fascists and racists duking it out. Sure it starts off small, fists and bats, then it escalated to guns and before you know it, me and you're caught up in the mix. I think people need to see someone get stabbed or hear what a bat sounds like when it cracks someone's head....in person...before sitting here asking for revolution. Let reality sink in, you don't want this shit getting out of hand. You don't want organized racists banging on Anderson Coopers door, knowing their home address.

It took one idiot...to send pipe bombs. Yes I understand Carlson's rhetoric ratched the nation to where it is today. But how come we are not writing his sponsors and taking him down like we did O'Rielly or whomever else whose pockets we hit?

SpiritUnion

Alt-Account
Banned
Oct 20, 2018
It is mob mentality and it happens alot here. When people speak against it they automatically assume you side with the person. (ie Carson)

Right?
Tucker Carlson is a piece of shit. I wish he'd just stayed down in whatever sewer Jon Stewart got him to temporarily slink off to.

That said, nobody should be harassed or made to feel afraid in their own home in America, and absolutely nobody should be cheering at the idea of someone assassinating him, or even just physically assaulting him.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix

Hopefully a world where nobody has to live in fear that the next angry mob is just around the corner from them.
Black Lives Matter are just an angry mob too, huh? Protestors are angry mobs? Maybe don't say hate speech to millions if you want to not be somebody that has to worry about such things.

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
Well he doesn't actually hold any political office, right?
One can be a public figure and still be a private citizen.

Celebrities are still "private citizens."

And that doesn't disturb you in any way?
Everyone loves a mob until they're the one on the wrong side of it.
People have been on the wrong side of Tucker Carlson's mob for years. We had an attempted bomber and the greatest act of violence against Jews in the country's history in the same month and the guy shows no shame about continuing his globalist/George Soros threats.

BigDes

Knows Too Much
Oct 25, 2017
Not really

The right has already shown on multiple occasions they're willing to kill rather than debate, taken to its logical extreme your fear has everyone on the left staying silent in their homes wringing their hands while the world turns to garbage.

SpiritUnion

Alt-Account
Banned
Oct 20, 2018

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone link me to a "best of Tucker Carlson's racism" video? I know someone who still thinks he's a moderate. Only because they are unaware of his latest behavior.

Last edited:

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, it is. He's saying he's glad people are being honest about their desire to see violence done to their political opponents. He's not saying he himself desires to see that violence.
It's a factual statement that it would be against the law, combined with my own perspective on not caring if Tucker experienced property damage at some point.
Not caring isn't the same thing as not minding, not being bothered. You were day dreaming about it, wishing out loud. That's not the same thing as not caring.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are we supposed to feel anything but schadenfreude toward someone who's job is to sell fascism to the American people?

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
People have been on the wrong side of Tucker Carlson's mob for years. We had an attempted bomber and the greatest act of violence against Jews in the country's history in the same month and the guy shows no shame about continuing his globalist/George Soros threats.
Exactly, the guy has blood on his hands and he shows no signs of stopping that behavior unless the people step in and pressure him to stop. That involves inconveniencing him everywhere: restaurants, the grocery store, his home. It means he gets no respite from the consequences for his actions, and eventually it is not worth it for him to continue to hurt people anymore. He had plenty of chances to be civil, he chose otherwise. His loss.
Is he wrong? Non-violence is a pretty strong belief in a massive amount of people.
Why all the hand-wringing over protesting outside of his home if you advocate non-violence?

Status
Not open for further replies.