• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
learned Friday that a new Star Wars project is in the works: J.D. Dillard, best known for writing and directing the sci-fi thriller Sleight, and Matt Owens, a writer on Marvel shows Luke Cage and Agents of SHIELD, have been tapped to develop it. But insiders say it is undecided whether the project will be for the big screen or for the highly prioritized streaming platform.

Plot details, character details and setting details are unknown and are being kept in the murky underworld of Exegol. It is unclear whether Dillard would direct should the project move forward. The Dillard project is understood to be unrelated to a Star Wars film pitch by Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige and potential work from Last Jedi director Rian Johnson.

www.hollywoodreporter.com

New ‘Star Wars’ Movie in the Works With ‘Sleight’ Filmmaker (Exclusive)

J.D. Dillard, best known for writing and directing the sci-fi thriller 'Sleight,' and Matt Owens, a writer on the Marvel shows 'Luke Cage' and 'Agents of SHIELD,' have been tapped to develop and write a new 'Star Wars' feature, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
www.hollywoodreporter.com

New ‘Star Wars’ Movie in the Works With ‘Sleight’ Filmmaker (Exclusive)

J.D. Dillard, best known for writing and directing the sci-fi thriller 'Sleight,' and Matt Owens, a writer on the Marvel shows 'Luke Cage' and 'Agents of SHIELD,' have been tapped to develop and write a new 'Star Wars' feature, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

"Director J.D. Dillard and 'Luke Cage' writer Matt Owens have been tapped to develop a project, but it is unclear whether its a theatrical or Disney+ release.

As Lucasfilm maps out the next phase of Star Wars movies, executives are grappling with this question as development moves ahead: Which characters and stories justify theatrical releases and which should arrive exclusively on streaming platform Disney+?

The Hollywood Reporter learned Friday that a new Star Wars project is in the works: J.D. Dillard, best known for writing and directing the sci-fi thriller Sleight, and Matt Owens, a writer on Marvel shows Luke Cage and Agents of SHIELD, have been tapped to develop it. But insiders say it is undecided whether the project will be for the big screen or for the highly prioritized streaming platform.

Plot details, character details and setting details are unknown and are being kept in the murky underworld of Exegol. It is unclear whether Dillard would direct should the project move forward. The Dillard project is understood to be unrelated to a Star Wars film pitch by Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige and potential work from Last Jedi director Rian Johnson."

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
Matt Ownes is just writing for all this geek shows, this & One Piece.

Last edited:

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
Jesus Christ, Iger talks about how they went overkill on Star Wars, and now it feels like they have like twice as many projects in development.
In development, sure. Which ones even have a date though? Of live action, only Mandalorian. The rest all seem to either be delayed or have no date attached yet.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Well hopefully we get it sooner rather than later because the Star Wars TV is great but I don't want to wait 4 years for another movie.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
He specifically was referring to theatrical releases. The next one won't be until 2022.
I mean presumably the Rian Johnson trilogy is still happening
Feige is doing a movie in some capacity
Now we have this project

That's still a lot, when 1 Star Wars movie a year already felt like overkill. Granted, it was all treading very similar ground with familiar characters and iconography, but still.

Oct 25, 2017

Reportedly the project will take place on the hidden Sith planet of Exegol, which was introduced in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.

Time to tie up some of them loose ends so kids of the future have no idea what all the complaints were about because they never lived through a time when TRoS was all the info we had on the subject

SteveMeister

Oct 31, 2017
I want a high quality CGI series about the early years after Return of the Jedi. Luke trains Leia, starts up his academy, Han & Leia get married, Ben is born, New Republic struggles, First Order rises. Last season would have the Knights of Ren doing Snoke's bidding. Ends a few years before The Force Awakens, and includes foreshadowing to Rey's origin.
Call it Star Wars: The New Republic.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
TROS was so shit LF is gonna spend the next 2 or 3 films trying to fix it.

Wonderful...
I'm not sure if you've noticed this but you constantly add, like, ten layers of hyperbole to your posts and then complain about the hyperbole rather than the reality.

So one movie about Exegol becomes 3 films and you're annoyed at the 3 films, even though that's something you made up.

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure if you've noticed this but you constantly add, like, ten layers of hyperbole to your posts and then complain about the hyperbole rather than the reality.

So one movie about Exegol becomes 3 films and you're annoyed at the 3 films, even though that's something you made up.

I mean, it's in the username.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want a high quality CGI series about the early years after Return of the Jedi. Luke trains Leia, starts up his academy, Han & Leia get married, Ben is born, New Republic struggles, First Order rises. Last season would have the Knights of Ren doing Snoke's bidding. Ends a few years before The Force Awakens, and includes foreshadowing to Rey's origin.
Call it Star Wars: The New Republic.

The problem is that none of these events have a decent resolution so a TV show about them would be completely pointless. It'd be like if Clone Wars was a prequel to an Episode III where all the characters randomly die in a bus crash.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
We're gonna see Sheev's Academy where he raises a bunch of clones to be the perfect Snoke, winner gets disfigured because what could be more trustworthy to a little kid than some one who looks like Snoke?

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Christ, Iger talks about how they went overkill on Star Wars, and now it feels like they have like twice as many projects in development.

Lol... that doesn't mean they won't explore all ideas either. They have ideas and movies floating around in the earliest of phases, which is what you want, and if you get one that works, you move forward with it.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I tweeted the deadline author about the Exegol tidbit 'cus it does sound like he just misread Hollywood Reporter's article. lol

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We're gonna see Sheev's Academy where he raises a bunch of clones to be the perfect Snoke, winner gets disfigured because what could be more trustworthy to a little kid than some one who looks like Snoke?

Uh, the clone in that vat already looked disfigured, so I think that's part of the cloning process?

You really think there will be only one of these TROS fix-fics? They are inevitable, like Thanos.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The winner of Sheev's Academy, already disfigured, gets cloned again just in case one of the Snoke clones falls in the shower and breaks their hip.

First film will just be called Snoke.

Sequel will be Snoke 2: The Snokening.

Then the final part in the trilogy: The Rise of Snoke.

"Who are you?"

"Snoke"

"Snoke who?"

..."Snoke Snokey."

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm okay with some ancient Sith stuff if that's what it's based on.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
fuck off lucasfilm who the fuck is greenlighting this shit

south-park-s08e02c11-computerized-automatron-16x9.jpg