• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
pretty sure we will have our first black lead if this project actually get developed.

yes I know about Boyega but yall know what I mean.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I want a high quality CGI series about the early years after Return of the Jedi. Luke trains Leia, starts up his academy, Han & Leia get married, Ben is born, New Republic struggles, First Order rises. Last season would have the Knights of Ren doing Snoke's bidding. Ends a few years before The Force Awakens, and includes foreshadowing to Rey's origin.
Call it Star Wars: The New Republic.
Noooooo we don't need to see every god damn thing that happens. New stories, new characters, please!

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
I'm glad Kennedy hasn't totally retreated from trying to enlist young talent in the director's chair. Dillard looks promising based on the reviews for his two films, I bet he'd be a great pickup for LF. I'd certainly rather see his take than Feige's.

edit: And put it in theaters. Don't be babies cause Solo was a fucking tirefire. A new and interesting Star Wars movie will put asses in seats.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
I'm glad Kennedy hasn't totally retreated from trying to enlist young talent in the director's chair. Dillard looks promising based on the reviews for his two films, I bet he'd be a great pickup for LF. I'd certainly rather see his take than Feige's.
Feige would produce, not direct. So, they aren't even mutually exclusive, since Feige loves enlisting young talent as well. In fact, it's more his M.O. than Kennedy's.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Aaahh sooo youre not worried about the quality but the boxoffice numbers?

I mean, you don't think WB or Disney care far more about BO numbers than whatever the RT score is?

The latter is bragging rights, the former determines whether some people get paid or not. BoP's score is great, buts its box office numbers shows that audience interest just isn't there.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Feige would produce, not direct. So, they aren't even mutually exclusive, since Feige loves enlisting young talent as well. In fact, it's more his M.O. than Kennedy's.
It's Feige's pitch, so I expect it will be incumbent on whoever directs that project to deliver Feige's vision. If he's just producing then I'm not sure why Kennedy is even still there. That's her job.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's Feige's pitch, so I expect it will be incumbent on whoever directs that project to deliver Feige's vision. If he's just producing then I'm not sure why Kennedy is even still there. That's her job.

You really think Iger is going to say "no" to a producer that just made the highest grossing film of all time when he expresses interest in making a Star Wars film?

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Because that's not how things work. Kennedy oversees the entirety of Lucasfilm. JJ Abrams was a producer on all 3 films of the sequel trilogy. That doesn't circumvent Kennedy being a producer on the entire franchise.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
You really think Iger is going to say "no" to a producer that just made the highest grossing film of all time when he expresses interest in making a Star Wars film?
That would be amusing.
Because that's not how things work. Kennedy oversees the entirety of Lucasfilm. JJ Abrams was a producer on all 3 films of the sequel trilogy. That doesn't circumvent Kennedy being a producer on the entire franchise.
Abrams didn't really produce TLJ, but that's not my point. My understanding is that Feige is involved in Star Wars in a creative capacity (not as a writer/director, I know) and I don't really care for the other projects he's overseen. I'm more interested in what someone like Dillard has to offer. There isn't much to it.

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
That would be amusing.
Abrams didn't really produce TLJ, but that's not my point. My understanding is that Feige is involved in Star Wars in a creative capacity (not as a writer/director, I know) and I don't really care for the other projects he's overseen. I'm more interested in what someone like Dillard has to offer. There isn't much to it.
Abrams is listed as Executive Producer on TLJ, and would've been listed the same on Episode 9 regardless of whether or not he directed it.
To what capacity Feige is involved with Star Wars, nobody knows, maybe it is creative, maybe he just knows of some people he wants to put on a Star Wars film and wants to make that happen or maybe he just wants to put his name on a Star Wars product to say he did it, . Nothing has been said beyond "Feige wants to make a Star Wars". We'll probably find out at celebration this year or next year.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
The problem is that none of these events have a decent resolution so a TV show about them would be completely pointless. It'd be like if Clone Wars was a prequel to an Episode III where all the characters randomly die in a bus crash.
I mean, ROTS is a hella shitty movie especially when it comes to the character writing, so much so that the CW outright IGNORES a shit ton of the characterization of the characters the biggest example being Anakin ofc who is so different from the films that watching the ROTS after any episode of TCW is straight whiplash. No one would argue that CW is pointless even if it's a prequel series to an incredibly shitty trilogy finale in a ver shitty overall trilogy where you have to outright ignore execution and type out the premise to glean even an iota of genuine enjoyment. People love SW content when it's good.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, ROTS is a hella shitty movie especially when it comes to the character writing, so much so that the CW outright IGNORES a shit ton of the characterization of the characters the biggest example being Anakin ofc who is so different from the films that watching the ROTS after any episode of TCW is straight whiplash. No one would argue that CW is pointless even if it's a prequel series to an incredibly shitty trilogy finale in a ver shitty overall trilogy where you have to outright ignore execution and type out the premise to glean even an iota of genuine enjoyment. People love SW content when it's good.

It's much easier to work around bad character writing than it is to work around shitty plot writing. And most of the Star Wars fanbase is just fine with Episode III.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
You know what ... i think it's not "Star Wars" fatigue, really. It's "Skywalker Saga" fatigue that many people have. And anything that is just shoehorned "Skywalker-Saga-adjacent" fan-service (i.e. "Solo")

Give us new characters, new worlds, new conflicts. Just because things are set in the same universe doesn't mean everything has to be interconnected and one should be able to neatly put every single piece of media in a shared timeline. People are willing to do that with the MCU - mostly because that's a connected universe that almost exclusively moves forward (apart from origin movies like Captain America, Captain Marvel and the upcoming Black Widow)

Like, we don't really know how many years ABY The Mandalorian is set, because it really doesn't matter, because it's not some pre-sequel that needs to be shoved in between the movies. It's just set in the "post-Palpatine-pre-Snoke" era, that's all we need to know.

Similarly, we could and should get stories that are set in the pre-Anakin era, or post-First-Order era (where the big galactic conflict is merely set dressing and not part of the main plot)

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
I'm conflicted about this news. It's interesting that newcomers are given a chance to do a new Star Wars movie, which will essentially be a beginning of a franchise new direction, but at a same time it's worrying. New director is unproven and has ties to JJ Abrams (which may question his talent over personal contacts), writer has credits on The Defenders and Luke Cage, which I wasn't a fan at all. But who knows, we will see how this will play out.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
You know what ... i think it's not "Star Wars" fatigue, really. It's "Skywalker Saga" fatigue that many people have. And anything that is just shoehorned "Skywalker-Saga-adjacent" fan-service (i.e. "Solo")

Give us new characters, new worlds, new conflicts. Just because things are set in the same universe doesn't mean everything has to be interconnected and one should be able to neatly put every single piece of media in a shared timeline. People are willing to do that with the MCU - mostly because that's a connected universe that almost exclusively moves forward (apart from origin movies like Captain America, Captain Marvel and the upcoming Black Widow)

Like, we don't really know how many years ABY The Mandalorian is set, because it really doesn't matter, because it's not some pre-sequel that needs to be shoved in between the movies. It's just set in the "post-Palpatine-pre-Snoke" era, that's all we need to know.

Similarly, we could and should get stories that are set in the pre-Anakin era, or post-First-Order era (where the big galactic conflict is merely set dressing and not part of the main plot)
I like this post. Exactly my thoughts.