• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ardend

Oct 27, 2017
Yah I think it might be time to get a refund on tbe last couple I have. Really wanted that Rays' collection but I'll take a copy that exists over a fantasy. :|

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
You think they'll go under? Or they'll be canceling certain releases?

I'm so confused by many of their games having been pushed to friggin' 2025.

Fwiw, i noticed some games like Vesper on SLG's page have had their CE amount massively reduced recently; they're producing only a few hundred CEs vs a few thousand as they planned, likely because nobody bought that game. I'm expecting they're penny pinching and cancelling unsold stock to make funding for future games right now and to not have inventory rot like they currently do, seeing how they keep fire selling a lot of stuff and all

Also another irksome thing they noted to me when I asked them on socials to give specific details for why Akai Ito got bumped to the next calendar year is they just yet again repeated "challenging industry slowdowns" as the cause, and said the manufacturing will happen when the ROM from the developer is approved. Huh?!? They put that game up for order a year ago, how is it not finalized?

Also when I pushed back that no, "challenging industry slowdowns" is too vague and they NEED to also email customers who bought Akai Ito (who wont know of the delay, unless they randomly check the web page and have their region set to europe as ETAs do not show for any other region you pick for their website for some ungodly reason) to inform em rather than stealth edit their website ONLY in europe, I got ghosted lmao

Same for when their community managers on reddit that replied to me a few weeks ago insisting everything is fine they just had Industry Slowdown (tm) happen to them, and they'd put out games soon, and how as soon as the Akai Ito delay was spotted on their backend, I replied to both reddit accounts asking why they never mentioned that to customers, and again, ghosted.

I do not think they have the funding to get anything made since they havent made a new switch SE since last March with Drainus, and rather than bluntly admit it they just keep acting dodgy about it. And it seems telling that the only games with new dates/ETA/production photos now, are all Taito games, making me suspect Taito just handed them money to finish the darn games already