• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Spotted over on CAG. Cuphead is getting a "physical" release at Bestbuy next week but it's just a code-in-a-box.

DNj0xvPW0AA2ygt.jpg

On another note folk from the LRG thread are starting to include other companies in that discussion and asked about merging this one into that; figure there's no sense having two threads for the same thing so I'm not to kick up a fuss. Starting to chip away at updates to the doc as well and to get around multi-day bumps, plus better record keeping, I'm going to start posting updates on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/retailgamelist

Ventara

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Let's not merge this thread with that. LRG is a specific company with many of it's own releases and many topics to discuss. I don't want news of small releases from other companies getting drowned out by all the complaints and shipping problems LRG has.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
Spotted over on CAG. Cuphead is getting a "physical" release at Bestbuy next week but it's just a code-in-a-box.

On another note folk from the LRG thread are starting to include other companies in that discussion and asked about merging this one into that; figure there's no sense having two threads for the same thing so I'm not to kick up a fuss. Starting to chip away at updates to the doc as well and to get around multi-day bumps, plus better record keeping, I'm going to start posting updates on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/retailgamelist
That sucks but I am not surprised since MS minimum print runs probably make a disc pressing unlikely for smaller games.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Wonderboy getting a release from Nicalis on Switch/PS4.

DNkBMaaVQAAaZrp.jpg
DNkBNvPU8AAkbOI.png

https://twitter.com/nicalis/status/925772928947326977

Let's not merge this thread with that. LRG is a specific company with many of it's own releases and many topics to discuss. I don't want news of small releases from other companies getting drowned out by all the complaints and shipping problems LRG has.

Kinda how I feel about it but having two "limited, region specific game" threads is a bit much.

Ventara

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda how I feel about it but having two "limited, region specific game" threads is a bit much.

But one thread is specifically focused on LRG, from promoting their releases to having a list of their releases compiled in the OP. If anything, that thread should be merged into this thread if they want one catch-all thread.

Oh, and I'm glad I passed on the Asian version of Wonder Boy. Had a feeling this would happen.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I agree with having two threads instead of one, specially when the other thread is focused on LRG and the other companies are mostly footnotes.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
But one thread is specifically focused on LRG, from promoting their releases to having a list of their releases compiled in the OP. If anything, that thread should be merged into this thread if they want one catch-all thread.

Oh, and I'm glad I passed on the Asian version of Wonder Boy. Had a feeling this would happen.

I agree with having two threads instead of one, specially when the other thread is focused on LRG and the other companies are mostly footnotes.

Well, ball's in their court.

Anyways the Executive Manager for SOEDESCO posted about Owlboy

Hans‏
@Hbrakel1991

Replying to @retailgamelist @SOEDESCO
we are a Switch publisher. But we can't confirm any platforms for Owlboy yet, depends on many factors.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Nicalis will ever publish a retail Vita title, after that Binding of Isaac tease.

Yian

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I didn't claim you said otherwise, so not sure why you are bringing this up.
Because you quoted me directly in the part where you brought it up.
There being enough money behind the development and marketing of Ruiner means that maybe the rights owner should've done a physical release themselves, because they have the means for it, in stead of leaving it to a small fry. You can't blame the ESA because some publisher is too greedy to release their own game the way many customers want them to.

The rights owner is Devolver Digital, which is Special Reserve Games.

Anyway, the ignore feature of this site sure is nice

foobarry81

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Because you quoted me directly in the part where you brought it up.

That's not really what happened. I didn't quote you saying you weren't for a rating on all games. But ok, you do you, man.

The rights owner is Devolver Digital, which is Special Reserve Games.

Anyway, the ignore feature of this site sure is nice

The rights owner is actually a Polish game developer called Reikon Games.
And Devolver Digital has an annual revenue of over $20 million, so if they really wanted to do a physical release, that shouldn't have been a problem regardless of a couple of thousands going to the ESRB for a rating. I'm assuming they just don't want to make Special Reserve Games that kind of division of their company where loads of money is being spent on a physical release. Might even depend on the type of contract they negotiated with the developer of the game, how much they can put towards doing a print run.

Ventara

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Yup, I signed up. Also should be noted that signing up doesn't guarantee a copy, just to be in the early pre-order group, so be sure to actually preorder it when it goes up on the 7th. It might sell out before preorders open to everyone.

Yian

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Saturday doesn't seem like the best day to announce your thing, but I'll take it. They will also talk about shipping costs and solutions. International shipping should be very affordable.

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Shipping from the UK wasn't too bad... I'm hoping Germany will be similar. Not familiar with the source material 99Vidas is based on but it looks good otherwise.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, and FYI if anyone was interested in the, PAL exclusive, physical release of 2Dark the game has had a pretty significant price drop in the past couple months. To get a new copy shipped to Canada is about $22 CAD nowadays.

*Specifically amazon.co.uk for the XB1 version.

Last edited:

Semoreh

Oct 28, 2017
France
Reminder : Preorders for Cursed Castilla Vita open tomorrow at 11hk time (that's 4am in Western Europe) :)

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Unlike LRG, they have reasonable shipping costs and NO USK/PEGI/ESRB logo on the cover!
Did they announce their planned shipping costs? Obviously, shipping from Germany to the UK would be substantially cheaper than shipping from the US to the UK, but I'd like to make an apples-to-apples comparison.

Pata

Oct 25, 2017
It's been posted on the Vita thread recently, but Bad Apple Wars is getting a limited EU release. Bazzaar-Bazzaar and 365games (and its variants) will be stocking it.

Oooh thanks for the link. Does this get updated regularly? Kinda seems like it does?
It looks like a one-off article about limited PS4 releases, given it was published just yesterday and nothing seems to indicate it will be updated

Semoreh

Oct 28, 2017
France
Got mine. Woke up at 4am to get the game but there was no need to actually hurry this much. The 4000 units print run seems to be effective at absorbing demand.