• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
wish i didn't look at the shipping updates for ultracore, i think it's going to last thing they ship out out of the 4 SKU for current gen systems

KingDrool

Oct 27, 2017
iam8bit sent me a note to say it was a "glitch" but that they would honor my preorder and not cancel it.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Limited Edition announced for Ori and the Will of the Wisps:
e32290bc-df27-4456-842a-572314addae5.jpg

Ori and the Will of the Wisps Collector's Edition
The Ori and the Will of the Wisps Collector's Edition includes game disc, piano collections music CD, SteelBook, premium packaging, and art book.
Available at select retailers.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Is this US only again or will there be a European release?

No details on availability yet, just "select retailers".

Update:
Should become available world-wide. Also, the Collectors Edition IS limited, so it'll probably be sold out very quickly. If anyone lives in Vienna or sees me at Gamescom or E3 at some point, I'd gladly sign the Box for you :) We specifically designed a classy, beautiful black box and asked Microsoft to only use high quality materials, which is why there's a 20$ gap between the normal edition and this one, but I think collectors will deem it worthy, I certainly would :) I think the value for it will go up instead of down due to the limited availability.

Last edited:

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
one for EU era that wanted the Wattam physical but didn't want to be screwed by expensive customs/shipping charges from iam8bit

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Did anyone else order the Rock Man Special Box Set and/or EspRaDe Psi from Japan?

My last purchase this year and probably for a long time. Gonna work on my backlog.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone else order the Rock Man Special Box Set and/or EspRaDe Psi from Japan?

My last purchase this year and probably for a long time. Gonna work on my backlog.
Me. I've got the PS4 and Switch versions on order for Rockman. They aren't released until tomorrow though. I should get them on the Monday if I'm lucky (Amazon Japan postage is amazingly quick)

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
I lost the release windows for the Bud Spencer & Terrence Hill Slaps and Beans physical cart on Switch :((

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Got both my Rockman boxsets today, its nice to have a physical release of the second half of the classic games at last on the Switch!

Now just to pick out a nice spot for the boxes...

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I would assume the PS4 version of the first collection has all the patches on disc too?
Yes, no patches were installed when I tried the game and it had turbo/rewind modes included in the game as standard (which were patches in the PS4 game originally). Aside from being the latest version of each game, if you play the games set to Japan mode you get all the intro songs that were cut for the International releases which is a neat bonus.

Jan 11, 2018
Yes, no patches were installed when I tried the game and it had turbo/rewind modes included in the game as standard (which were patches in the PS4 game originally). Aside from being the latest version of each game, if you play the games set to Japan mode you get all the intro songs that were cut for the International releases which is a neat bonus.

How does the X/O buttons work in the Japanese releases? Circle to confirm in menus, but gameplay button mapping remains the same as in the international releases? Or are the in game controls different in the Japanese versions too?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
How does the X/O buttons work in the Japanese releases? Circle to confirm in menus, but gameplay button mapping remains the same as in the international releases? Or are the in game controls different in the Japanese versions too?
Yeah, menus is the standard Circle = confirm stuff, but I think the rest of it works as per normal with X or Square as confirm (or start, depending on the menu). Honestly I don't remember but don't recall having any issues when in game.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
videogameplus have pre-orders available for Wattam for each cover for those who were after a speciic cover, price is slightly higher at $33.76 USD(i assume it's just because it's converted from $45 CAD), just don't forget to use paypal when you buy from them

denpanosekai

Oct 28, 2017
videogameplus have pre-orders available for Wattam for each cover for those who were after a speciic cover, price is slightly higher at $33.76 USD(i assume it's just because it's converted from $45 CAD), just don't forget to use paypal when you buy from them

I was going to say that it's still probably a better deal for Canadians but I did the math -- 51.43$ from iam8bit and 54.23$ from vgp.ca (CAD).

Of course one might get dinged by borders but for a single game, probably not.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
What annoys me about these is how staggered the releases have been (assuming these are indeed physical releases). I've been collecting everything Capcom has been releasing over every platform and I welcome physical Switch releases of their RE stuff (because the file sizes for each game are damn big) but the fact that I grabbed RE4 digitally naively when I assumed no physical release was happening only for the three pack to happen, then redeemed the codes for 5 and 6, and now this... All I ask is for physical releases day and date with the digital ones.

Oh well, could actually be worse, I totally saw what Capcom was doing with DMC so instead of grabbing DMC2 digitally I waited for the DMC physical release that comes with 2 and 3 digitally. No reason to give them any money toward DMC2, I'm still angry about that game from the early 00's!

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Woah, I just found out Anodyne 2 had a (sort of) physical release. They put a Steam key on a fake disc in a SegaCD long box with a Game Boy style manual.

Regardless of the lack of actual disc, I'm kinda bummed I missed this. It was apparently only a 100 unit print. Anyone here end up grabbing this?

ELSU5rpWsAAxL3t.jpg

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
i totally forgot i got all 3 games on Vita, guess i should probably get rid of them now while the value for them is still high and hold out for those eventual PS4 or PS5 releases

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So do we know if there are any more EastAsiaSoft Vita releases coming out or are those essentially done? I haven't heard anything about something new for a while now.

mr lurtle

Oct 27, 2017
So do we know if there are any more EastAsiaSoft Vita releases coming out or are those essentially done? I haven't heard anything about something new for a while now.
There were just two new games available to preorder a week or two ago. As far as I know there is no plan to stop in the near future.

denpanosekai

Oct 28, 2017
Interesting, I asked about JJ sometime ago but then I tried the demo and hated it. Does the full game do anything differently? I remember feeling that way about the Nier Automata demo but the full game became my top 3 of the generation...

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting, I asked about JJ sometime ago but then I tried the demo and hated it. Does the full game do anything differently? I remember feeling that way about the Nier Automata demo but the full game became my top 3 of the generation...
It's a Swery65 game, if you're a fan of any of his earlier works then I'd say it's a blind buy. The game excels at story, characters, atmosphere and presentation. It's hard to talk about the strongest aspects of the game without spoilers though. The gameplay is only serviceable but it has some novel ideas and I thought it was better than expected (sometimes janky, but definitely more polished than Deadly Premonition). The Missing is a side-scrolling puzzle-platformer, you unlock new powers but no major gameplay changes. It takes an hour or so to get a feel for the physics-based platforming, so a short demo might not leave a great first impression.