• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
Are there games you want to play, but just don't find the time? Setting a target might help.

The challenge is to complete three (or more) games a month.

It doesn't matter how long or short the games are, or if you're near the end already. If it's unclear if something counts as a finished game, you should go with your own judgment. There aren't any hard rules.

Please post the games you hope to finish, but also share your successes, setbacks and impressions. :)

Helpful Sites
How Long to Beat to find out roughly how long a game takes to finish.
The Backloggery to organise your game collection.

Last month's thread: https://www.resetera.com/threads/three-in-june-crash-your-backlog.46159/

Best of luck to everyone!

Credit for the OP and challenge also go to NeoGAF users Grief.exe, RichardAM, Roflobear and ResetEra user Poutine Runner 2049.

I finished:
The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit: Starting early, I finished it on the 1st. There was a lot to do in a small area, which is great. It was effective at making me concerned about Chris getting into trouble. Hopefully the lack of time powers doesn't hold back season 2 (I haven't played Before the Storm).
Dragon Quest: Finished on the 9th. This was for the third time, not the first, but I intend to finish the first three Dragon Quest games before Dragon Quest XI releases. It will be the second time for DQ2 and 3.
Dragon Quest II: Finished on the 29th. The mobile release. This was the second time I finished it, but this time in preparation for Dragon Quest XI. It's a great game despite some unclear parts that call for a walkthrough. One thing that stood out this playthrough was some of the storytelling:
You arrive at the villain, Hargon's, castle only to find it appears to be your kingdom...but it can't be. Talk to some NPCs and they praise Hargon's rule in a distorted twist of what they've said before. You have an item that is meant to see through the deception, and indeed this was just an illusion as you can now see it become the villain's castle instead of your own. A kicker is if you buy anything, sell anything or sleep in the inn in the illusory town, it all appears to have gone as it should, but if you leave the town or break the illusion, your gold, items, health and magic points turn out to be unaffected by what you did in the illusion.

Last edited:

Chocobo115

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Got theese lined up for July:

Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga (PS2) - Just before the last dungeon.

Beaten:

Celeste (PS4) - I really enjoyed this game it had pretty much flawless gameplay imho. It never felt like the game was at fault when I died and I always knew what I messed up and needed to improve on. The challenge was fun and never frustrating. Whilst light on story I liked the subject the game brought up in the story.
It's an example for the books in excellent game design. Possible GOTY for me (still many games left to play and I suppose I'm also extra excited for beating the main story). Can def see myself replaying the game to collect allthe strawberries and try to fo the side-levels.

Resident Evil 7 (PS4) - Was one of the scariest games I played so far. Never really got used to the first person perspective, hope they'll go back to third person in the future.

Pic-a-Pix Color (PS4) - Fan of picross games, was a quick and relaxing game.

Lost Sphear (PS4) - Felt Like They missed the whole retro thing with the game, but I found the battle system interesting. And the story was interesting on paper but maybe not executed well enough.

Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance HD (PS4) - Played this in preparation for KH3. Whilst I felt that this game lacked much of the things I enjoy in the main games such as the detailed Disney worlds and deeper interaction between characters (this could also be me having a rose tinted memory). The game wasgood enough to set up the stage for KH3 and I'm now starting to get more hyped for KH3. Saving backcover story and the movie till later this year.

Last edited:

GroovySnake

Jun 10, 2018
USA
Chrono Trigger! On the DS, I have a save file that's maybe 5 hours in, and I've played the beginning of the game a few times over the years. Great game, no idea why I haven't beaten it.

God of War is only two and a half months old, but I just got around to it this week, so that'll be one for July. I see that was a popular one last month too.

Beginner's Guide is a short one I plan to play soon too.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
My 3 games that I plan to beat this month are:

The Last of Us - Time for my yearly summer playthrough

Dead Space 3 - Have read it's the weakest of the trilogy, but still looking forward to finishing it off.

Ys 8: Lacrimosa of Dana - About 5 hours in and enjoying it thus far.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Last month really off free time, so hoping to finish

Zelda Breath Of The Wild
Splatoon 2 campaign

Then either:
Hitman
Dishonoured Death of the outsider
Rime

Deleted member 35777

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Just finished titanfall 2 and quantum break this weekend. Now burning through batman ark series.

I'm not allowing myself to buy a new game until October, backlog is just to big right now.

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
This month I'll try to beat:

God of War - it's ridiculously good. It's not only a strong contender for Game of the Year title, but one of the best exclusives on PS4.
Detective Pikachu - it's a big suprise, a very interesting take on the Pokemon franchise. Gameplay itself is kinda lacking, but it was fun enough to keep my attention until the end of this adventure.
Hitman GO: Definitive Edition - simple, yet requires some careful planning in order to do optional objectives.
The Next BIG Thing - I'm a big fan of adventure games made by Pendulo Studios, but never had time to play The Next BIG Thing. Summer was a good opportunity to correct that mistake.

I've finished every game I planned for this month. Yay!

Last edited:

tiebreaker

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
- FF XII HD Remaster: After constantly putting this game on these thread, I'm finishing it this month. Hopefully.

- Earth Defense Force 4.1: now at mission 65. Maybe 2 or 3 play sessions more.

- I'll probably pick Disgaea 5 back up again. Or shorter games like South Park: Fractured but Whole and Shadow Tactics: Blade of Shogun.

Last edited:

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Been playing a lot of Path of Exile lately so not sure how much progress I'll make with these, but hey-ho.

Witcher 3: Currently partway through, this is my top priority besides PoE.
Breath of the Wild: Not very far in, having a lot of fun so far though!
Final Fantasy VI:Just need to finish up the World of Ruin, do the final dungeon, then go do post-game stuff.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology - reaching endgame. Finished the true ending. Not gonna bother with the Possible Endings final boss. Involves grinding and that's a pain in this game.

Prey - not sure how far I am. Just got the elevators working and the giant alien has appeared.Dropped unfortunately. It was attributing to my anxiety and I had to step away. Might pick up again much further down the line.

Need a third game Probably Hidden Folks which I just bought. Maybe something else.

Edit: Finished Hidden Folks with 100% completion. Great game, challenging but doable.

Last edited:

SCB360

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I've been on a bit of a run so far, so lets see:

Crash N.Sane Trilogy 100% - Steam release, most of the way through Crash 1 so far

Resident Evil 7 & DLC - (Just bought the Gold edition in the steam sale for cheap)

Dark Souls Remastered - Played to Anor Londo on release, just been busy, so will finally finish this All bosses run off

Bonus Games for when I finish the above:
*Resident Evil Revelations 2 (on Chapter 4 on the Switch Version)
Celeste - B & C Sides - Not started yet, good game to travel with on Switch

Kaversmed

Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
Vampyr - at Chapter 5 so I'll probably be able to finish it soon.

Unravel Two - not started yet. Really want to play with a friend but no online coop sucks big time.

Captain Spirit - short game so it should be pretty easy

There are no games I want to buy this month so it's all about the backlog and thank God for that. I have tons of PSVR games that I want to try and finish as well but those above are first.

Spamlynguist

Oct 27, 2017
Going for these 3 this month:

- DOOM 3 + Resurrection of Evil (Steam)
- Firewatch (Steam)
- Rumble Roses (PS2)

Deleted member 17630

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
1. Elite Beat Agents
2. Kid Icarus Uprising
3. Hey! Pikmin

and maybe Majora's Mask 3D. Gonna be a heavy 3DS month.

Oct 31, 2017
ALRIGHT I'M OFF FOR A MONTH LET'S DO THIS SHIT.

1. Hollow Knight This is cheating, I've already rolled the credits but I just unlocked the final boss today. If I can't get the good ending this month I don't deserve to play video games.
2. Doom (PS4)
3. Sunset Overdrive

Bonus round: let's clean out some of the rest of this backlog:

FFXV
Nier Automata
Kingdom Hearts: BBS
Red Dead Redemption
Splatoon Octo Expansion
Assassin's Creed Origins
Dark Souls Remastered

Of course, when Octopath Traveler and Captain Toad drop I'll probably buy those because I can't help myself.

Valahart

Oct 25, 2017
It's been such a long time since I last finished a game, hopefully I'll have the time now to catch up:

1. Celeste
2. Monolith
3. Dishonored 2

Have started all of them already, I'm probably about 30% through.

As a bonus, if I'm done with those:

4. Crossing Souls

Bohemian

Oct 26, 2017
Going to have a pretty busy July between work and travel, so trying to line up some shorter games. Planning on picking up Octopath Traveller, so after I beat these games, I'll start chipping away at that. Here's what I'm targeting in the meantime. I'm already on the last quest in Hearts of Stone, so probably will be finishing that up today or sometime this week.
  1. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Hearts of Stone
  2. Yoku's Island Express
  3. Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion
EDIT: And I just beat Hearts of Stone expansion. Good way to get a jump start on the month :)

Last edited:

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
Going to try finish these three games.
  1. Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
  2. Chrono Trigger
  3. Trails in the Sky FC Evo
Done! Can't believe it myself.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
My July backlog is this one:
  1. Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 (7-10)
  2. Celeste
  3. Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition
  4. Hollow Knight
  5. Resident Evil Remake
If I can finish 3 games I'll be pleased, let's do it!

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Going to try and finish off Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I'm near the end so it shouldn't be too hard. Not sure what game I'll try next might choose either horizon or Detroit

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Got three games I plan to finish this month.

1. Witcher 3: Blood and Wine.
2. Nier Automata
3. Octopath Traveller.

I'm already in the middle of blood and wine so I think I will knock that off the list by the end of this week. Nier I finished route A but B left a bad taste in my mouth. I plan on finally going back to it and finishing all the routes. Finally, I pick up Octopath next Friday and I don't want to sleep on it. I played 5 hours of the first demo so I know I'm going to love it. If I finish all 3 I'll probably start YSVIII in earnest which should lead me into August.

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
My backlog is very nearly cleared out, although it will have several additions this month (Captain Toad, Mega Man X Legacy Collections, Sonic Mania Plus, and maybe Octopath Traveler) so I may want to finish one or two of those as well. As it stands I will do at least one of those in addition to the two games in my backlog to clear that I already own:

• Hollow Knight
  • For Honor

Oct 27, 2017
Ireland
Wheee, I have three rpgs I've started and would like to finish:

Dragon Quest VIII (3DS)
Bravely Default (3DS)
Lunar: Silver Star Harmony (PSP)

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Doing a bunch of short Gamefly rentals this month:

Battlefield 1 (PS4)
Call of Duty: WWII (XB1)
Wolfenstein II (XB1)

Probably more, but that's it for now.

Last edited:

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
  • Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
  • Celeste
  • LISA
  • Ori and the Blind Forest
Deadfire is the big one, the other 3 are pretty short.
Hopefully I will have enough time left to put a good dent into Dragon's Dogma or BOTW.

ToKre

Mar 11, 2018
I need to start doing this my back log is too big
This month i'll try to beat :
-Nioh complete edition ( base game, i'll leave any extra stuff to have when i miss it)
-Resident Evil 5 ( played most RE games don't know why i never even thought about it)
-For Honor (learning 2 new heroes i'm a warden one trick now, already picked highlander and kensei).

watdaeff4

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Want to beat at least 3 of the following, ideally more:
  • Hollow Knight - Have played about 20 hours and it's my favorite game for the Switch since Zelda
  • Speaking of Zelda, I need to beat the Champions Ballad
  • Batman: The enemy within (ready for episode 3)
  • Rage
  • Metroid: Samus Returns
  • Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Final Mix

Bohemian

Oct 26, 2017
Beat Yoku's Island Express this evening. Enjoyed my time with it for the most part, but I'm glad it was on the shorter side as I was getting tired of the traversing the world towards the end (even with the fast travel system). Until Octopath Traveler comes out, I'll be splitting my time between Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion and the Blood and Wine Witcher expansion.
  2. Yoku's Island Express
  3. Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion

MRYEAH

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The hall across the room
Finished Battle Chef Brigade on Switch to start the month really liked the cooking challenges the puzzles meh...

New switch indie this round
Golf Story
through 2 areas DISLIKE disc golf rarely do games make me mad that section controls awful otherwise I'm having a great time my type of dark humor (Everyone doubts you)

Heavy Rain
Thanks Sony I was going to buy the special edition of Detroit just for this but plus delivered a game for my girlfriend and I (I've played it PS3 at launch and seen at least 4 endings and the taxidermist dlc before)
She left the room on the Lizard challenge haha
Lotta laughs for me going back
Plan is beyond after before I buy Detroit
She's a flim maker so these type of games interest her

Captain Spirit- we are both life is strange fans (she didn't enjoy before the storm as much as me)

Burnout revenge on xbox BC
I get the love for Paradise but this is my favorite Burnout I never finished it I didn't cloud save lucky me I got to start over and next to Horizon 3 it's my favorite racing game
I miss when EA made games like these
3 rankings left

Started main Witcher 3 such a time commitment

deltabreak

Oct 29, 2017
I already finished this within the first week! I finished:

Typing of The Dead
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
INSIDE

since July started.

Bohemian

Oct 26, 2017
Got my three done early this month. Ended up beating Marvel: Ultimate Alliance this weekend. Making progress in the Splatoon Expansion as well - just collected the first "thang." Will be playing that and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 until Octopath Traveler comes out.
  2. Yoku's Island Express
  3. Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
My 3 games that I plan to beat this month are:

The Last of Us - Time for my yearly summer playthrough

Dead Space 3 - Have read it's the weakest of the trilogy, but still looking forward to finishing it off.

Ys 8: Lacrimosa of Dana - About 5 hours in and enjoying it thus far.

Finished The Last of Us. Will start Dead Space 3 this week and currently playing Final Fantasy 12. Ys 8 while not bad hasn't fully grasped me yet. Will see if Final Fantasy 12 can as it'll be the 2nd time I try it out.

Tchetil

Oct 28, 2017
Only managed two last month, hope to get back on track in July!

1. The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit
  2. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
  3. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
  4. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
My July backlog is this one:
  1. Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 (7-10)
  2. Celeste
  3. Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition
  4. Hollow Knight
  5. Resident Evil Remake
If I can finish 3 games I'll be pleased, let's do it!

Update, I finished Mega Man Legacy Collection 2, Celeste, DMC4, and REmake... I only have Hollow Knight left out of my list of 5 but I started playing Yakuza 0 so I'm leaving that for later. With that said, mission accomplished for this month.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
  • The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit
  • Vampyr
  • Kirby Star Allies
Vampyr took much longer than expected. Captain Spirit was short but free and much better than I expected. Kirby was also short and nowhere as good as Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot.

Moved on to Octopath Traveler which will take much longer.

Anti

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Australia
I was able to finish 2 games so far, Detroit Become Human and, believe it or not for the first time, Journey. I have also started another game from my backlog and I'm gladly impressed with it at the moment, Watch Dogs 2, I know I won't be able to finish it by the end of the month but I'm just glad I at least finished 2 games.

watdaeff4

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Want to beat at least 3 of the following, ideally more:
  • Hollow Knight - Have played about 20 hours and it's my favorite game for the Switch since Zelda
  • Speaking of Zelda, I need to beat the Champions Ballad
  • Batman: The enemy within (ready for episode 3)
  • Rage
  • Metroid: Samus Returns
  • Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Final Mix
Finished off Hollow Knight, Batman and Rage.

Started the Champions Ballad but not really feeling this OHKO aspect to it. While I haven't finished Kingdom Hearts, I did FINALLY clear Ursula which is where I got stuck and initially dropped the game 15 years ago on the PS2 and then again on the remaster until now.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Far Cry 2 (Xbox 360)
I liked this a hell of a lot more than I liked the first game; I don't know if it's the fact that the world is rather well-realised and plausible, that it felt like progression was giving me tangible benefits other than ramping up more shooting, and I really liked how the whole 'buddy' system works as a lives structure. Impressed by the plot, too; it manages the dark atmosphere and moral ambiguity better than I was expecting, although yeah, that VA probably needed a second pass!
That said, I think it's fair to suggest that it's twice as big as it really ought to be; sure, it's a nice surprise when you head into Act 2... right up until it hits you just what that actually means in real terms! And at least now I can comprehend how people were endlessly arguing over how big the map was (I can see why some claimed 50km^2 and some claim 19km^2!)
Mind you, I guess it's expected given the setting, and there's a decent amount of non-native mercs, but my word, you do have to shoot an awful lot of local folks. These days that does feel pretty uncomfortable.
Very interested to try FC3, now, to see the game that supposedly refines it further (or ruins it beyond all belief depending on who you talk to!)

Pinball Arcade (Fireball) (PC)
Don't expect these to come up that often - not least because I'm not very good at pinball! - but once again I managed to get all the goals on a table and top the local leaderboard. At the moment I'm definitely still more interested in the older tables; I can get more of a handle on what's being required of me. It does, however, mean that we're still in a fairly experimental phase, and this table is a little weirdly awkward in places (A spinning disc in the centre of the playfield can make ball movement a little hard to predict, there's a weird gimmick where the flippers can move closer together or further apart, and the right drain is my absolute *nemesis*.)

Up Left Out (Mobile)
One commute title I played through fairly rapidly; it's a great little puzzler with some pretty original twists on the usual sliding block puzzle mechanics. I was really enjoying it... and then it stopped. Alas, it's too short for sustained play for a reasonable puzzle-solver, but it's still nice to delve into for a little bit of enjoyment, and there really are some great ideas churning away behind the scenes. I guess it's hard to sustain that delivery of new interesting ideas for very long, but I'm always craving more!

Super Mario Run (Mobile)
I've finished a basic completion of the Tour mode, and got all the pink coins, but I've still got purple and black - plus the Star world - to go. On the Toad Rally front I'm a couple of hundred Toads away from those I need for Peach's birthday cake, which is the most achievable goal - not sure I can be bothered to try to unlock Red Yoshi (That requires 10k Toads; I have around 5500 - but because they're not colour-coded at least I can gather them by playing any level rather than being limited to certain ones for the colours that are required). And as far as Remix x10 is concerned, I'm on world 19 of what I think is a total of 30 to the last real tangible goal (Daisy unlocked); I suspect I won't be going out of my way to try to unlock all the decorations for the kingdom. So... Various ends are in sight, but they're still some way off.

Tangram (Mobile)
...not that it's actually *called* Tangram any more (I think the most recent update changed the name to something like Polygram?). I was after a basic Tangram puzzle... and this isn't it, particularly, given the puzzles aren't actually tangrams! Still, as regards various fitting-abstract-shapes-into-a-frame-games go, this one isn't too bad, the shapes are pleasingly abstract. There's a ton of content, although perhaps too much; something like 300 puzzles just in the "fill a square" subcategory, with multiple other shapes to fill. All that said, though, there's one big flaw in the puzzle design which makes it not an ideal game for the goals it's trying to fulfil; At some point I ought to write up why in the puzzle games thread because I think it's quite a good cautionary tale about how it's so easy to make a puzzle accidentally simple.

Dungeon Siege (PC)
I've had a couple of attempts to get this going in the past, but this is the first time I've made any serious inroads beyond the first town. I suppose there's an inevitability that it always runs the risk of getting a bit samey - at the moment I'm alleviating that by only playing it in shortish chunks, which helps, but it might make the game quite a long slog!

Forza Motorsport (Xbox)
Yes, that's not a typo; there really is no number at the end of that. The train of thought went something along these lines:

* I quite like Forza Horizon. I really ought to give the mothership series a go.
* But oh no! The early games aren't backwards compatible on XB1, and I'm a bit of a stickler for playing series in order (despite the fact that it's not *all* that necessary for this)
* Best not bother then. But perhaps I could look back at Forza Horizon 1 and finally get around to playing Forza Rally
* Oh, shit. I never uploaded my save (with the base game pretty much entirely completed, and with a yellow armband required to access Forza Rally) to the cloud. Better dig out my 360 and copy it across.
* (Brief interlude: Hey, I never touched the 1000 Club stuff or online. I forgot about that. Wonder if it's worth spending more time back in the first Horizon in a bit...)
* Oh, now I have my 360 set up again and have moved the Horizon save into the cloud... the first Motorsport game *is* BC on 360. Hmmm...
* One trip to eBay later, and I'm playing a thirteen year old racer.

I'm kind-of surprised by a few things, here. First of all is the simple fact that I'm not completely incompetent at it. I was concerned because I was well aware that the first game didn't have the rewind component, which I tend to find very useful in the Horizon family, but I'm holding my own, just about. Admittedly - like Horizon - I do think a fair few of my victories come in the garage rather than on the racetrack, I've got a loose handle on basic tuning, enough to give me a bit of an edge - which may lead to me struggling when I get to some of the challenges that require stock setups! I don't know if I'll 'complete' this - it wouldn't surprise me if the difficulty gets to a point that's beyond me (although I'm keeping the opposing driver difficulty on the default setting right now, and that's a good level for me, so maybe I can keep it intact)
As for the game itself - I've never really warmed to Gran Turismo, and I'm not really quite sure why, but this is working for me. I wonder if perhaps I've been leaning into the 'sim' aspect of GT too much, trying to play it with a wheel, when I'm still more fundamentally comfortable making precision movements with a joypad?

Next month: Along with all the ongoings above, World of Warcraft: Battle For Azeroth is coming out, so "Levelling to 120" is going to be in there somewhere as a nominal 'completion'.
Also possibly coming soon (but probably not 'til mid-September, because I need to plan upcoming play around a holiday): I was somewhat interested in that Bard's Tale 4 beta demo... but remember what I said about being a bit of a stickler for playing series in order? Suffice to say, I might well be getting the graph paper out once again..;.

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm very happy with my results:
  • Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
  • Celeste
  • LISA
  • Ori and the Blind Forest
  • What Remains of Edith Finch
I got everything done + Edith Finch, which to be fair is only 2 hours long.

POE2 was really good, even if some of the mechanics were a bit annoying to deal with.
Celeste was also great, but the levels are a bit too long for my liking. Not sure if I wan to do B-Side.
LISA (The Painful) was amazing. Great gameplay, very interesting world, fanastic story and characters as well as choices that have a huge impact on the gameplay.
I wasn't too found of Ori. It looks pretty and has good gameplay, but it can get pretty frustrating.
What Remains of Edith Finch is a lot more than your average walking simulator and not only because of how great the story was.

July was really great for me. I can't complain.
Next Month I will try to finish both BOTW and Xenoblade 2, so that's going to be crazy.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
Only buying Dead Cells and Guacamelee 2 in August, so have these 3 to get through:

Metroid Prime
Metroid Fusion
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Bennibop

Oct 30, 2017
Prey - had started at launch but did not enjoy the game, have started again and loving it so far!
Dishonoured 2 - Again started at launch and didn't get on with it. Just played through again and loved it!
Yakuza 0 - At chapter 14 and keep dipping in and out, time to finish it!
SotC - Completed the game but want to complete the boss runs

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
1. The Last of Us - My GOAT and doing my yearly replay.10/10

2. Final Fantasy 12 - Picked it up again after not feeling it the first time. Solid game really enjoyed the gambit system. 8/10

3. Assassins Creed Origins - 1st game in the series I've finished and it would've been in my top 5 maybe top 3 for GotY last year. 9/10

4. Banner Saga 3 - What a ride the trilogy was. Awesome OST from Austin Wintory that really added that extra something that made the series so special. 9/10

Tchetil

Oct 28, 2017
Finally managed to finish three games again this month!
  1. The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit - This was so short that counting it almost feels like cheating! I had a good time with it, and I'm curious to see how it ties into Life is Strange 2.
  2. Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus - Loved it! One of the best games I've played this year.
  3. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - Playing through this was torture, as I found it extremely unsettling in many parts. I'll remember this journey for a long time, even though I grew tired of the combat and puzzles towards the end.
I also played a bit of Resident Evil HD, Knights of the Old Republic and Assassin's Creed Origins. With a bit of luck I'll be able to beat all of them in August.