• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
http://www.fox26houston.com/news/three-men-shot-over-nintendo-gaming-session-in-sw-houston#/

Three men are recovering from gunshot wounds after a video game night turns violent also in Southwest Houston. Houston police say a group of people was playing Nintendo at 10:30 pm. last night at the Sharon Park Village Apartments on Chimney Rock. That's when some kind of altercation occurred and shots were fired. Three adults were hit. They were taken to the hospital. It's unclear how many people may have been involved in the shooting.

All are expected to recover from their injuries.

I wonder what the game was? lol

Nav

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like Pokemon Go or Mario Party. Hope everyone is alright.

Hzsn724

Nov 10, 2017
Goldeneye 64.

Goes without saying but you never know today.. I hope everyone recovers quickly.

Wowfunhappy

Oct 27, 2017
The article makes it sound kind of like they're just using "Nintendo" as a stand in for "video game".

Are we sure it wasn't just CoD or some such?

Deleted member 18568

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bit of a sensationalist headline as usual from Fox. Might as well have been "three men shot over pizza and booze" - or whatever they happened to be doing at the time.

(Also: clearly Rocket League)

forrest

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Three people ignored the quarry help request. Serves em right!

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
c74D1NI.gif

I hope they all recover fine

Ditto

Balma

Oct 27, 2017
American gun culture is something else.

"I'm going to play videogames, I know I'll bring my gun!"

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In the weak and the wounded
I don't know what is more confounding, that Nintendo's clearly impractical eye rolling 'public switch party' nonsense is actually happening in real life, or that somebody brought and used a gun at a playing Nintendo party.

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know losing against your friends on a Nintendo can be rage inducing but shooting em?

I guess it's either Smash, Party or Kart.

Silly jokes aside i hope they fully recover quite sad to shoot people over a freaking videogame....