• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Two thumbs up for this place. In such insane short notice we all got a great new place to talk about gaming and whatever else. With that being said...i have three questions about something that is unclear to me.

1- When i am on ResetEra on my OnePlus 3 and i am at the end of a page of a thread there already might be new replies, isn't there a refresh page button? This was very nice on GAF.

2- I don't know what is causing this but sometimes when i type words it constantly automatically makes it a capital letter while i don't want that. How do i turn this off? For some reason the word Always for example is Always with the capital A.

3- I read something about a new feature called highlight quoting for mobile, but how exactly does this work? I highlight a piece of text by swiping over it and then i get a small box with copy, paste, cut etc in it, but nothing about quote highlighting. I'm curious about this new feature.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
1) There isn't at the moment. It's a known issue the site team is aware of.

2) Weird. I don't get that on iOS. Maybe the word is set to be capitalized on your dictionary?

3) Also something that doesn't occur on iOS. You should be seeing a quote and reply button underneath the highlighted text.

f57b5c1f-4554-441d-8suuzj.jpeg

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
2. is likely your keyboard. Mine (SwiftKey) will sometimes capitalise words automatically if I've typed those words at the start of a sentence before. To stop it, long press the capitalised word above the keyboard and press "Forget suggestion" / "Don't predict this" or similar.

PorkandBeans

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I don't want to hijack the thread but is there a way to hide avatars? Haven't been able to find it in my preferences.

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone else have an issue on iOS Chrome where if you turn your screen from portrait to landscape or vice-versa that the page jumps back up to the top and you lose your place in the thread?

OP
OP
MosquitoSmasher
Oct 26, 2017
I don't want to hijack the thread but is there a way to hide avatars? Haven't been able to find it in my preferences.

Absolutely no problem dude, ask away. Maybe this could be a thread for general forum questions.

Thanks guys for the answers, I'll look into it. The capital letter thing happened on my Surface too, so I kinda doubt it's SwiftKey doing this. But I'll have a good look.

Carfo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The admins are doing a good job listening to people in the Forum Request thread
Kudos to them, a lot of these features will be added hopefully soon. Still waiting on official dark theme for mobile

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
I also have a question. Is the alert feature just plain buggy at the moment? It wouldn't give me alerts for some posts at all and oftentimes takes too long to give alerts. Nothing wrong on my side and these specific quote posts were not edited in.

Oct 27, 2017
Besides a refresh button at the bottom of the page, I also hope for a link back to the forum. Right now on mobile there is no way to get to the forum directly above where you are, only a link back to the home page.

Deleted member 11517

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know what follow does? Does it notify you about new posts / threads from the member you're following? Does it do anything?

Sorry, if wrong thread, but I can't find a help thread. Thanks.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know what follow does? Does it notify you about new posts / threads from the member you're following? Does it do anything?

Sorry, if wrong thread, but I can't find a help thread. Thanks.

Follow essentially places the new posts/likes of a person you are following into a section called the News Feed...which is disabled on this forum so Follow is more or less useless.