• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Top 3 of the generation for me.
8f2e462621ea8bd63f7c126ab24261cf5ea6fdd259a80c980cf87939d1fcab81.jpg

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
One of the most disappointing games I think I've ever played. Pacing is a complete wreck with constant climbing and slow gimmick sections. Madagascar aside, the game never gives itself room to escalate into an exciting sequence. Each thrilling encounter is bookended by slogs.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I just recently played this. Watched some videos about the details they put in - mind blown that it's three years old. Looks as good if not better still than most games.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
This game was ultimately very forgettable for me. Pacing was all over the place, and didn't feel like Uncharted as often as it should have.

AndreGX

GameXplain
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
San Francisco
The past 3 years have felt shorter than my time playing that game

The grappling hook was an awesome addition. But it was criminally underutilized.

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
This game launched as I was going through a lot of changes. I graduated high school a month after this game came out. The day after I got the game, I found out that the dog I had for my entire childhood had cancer. Playing through a more "grown up" Uncharted game felt so right at that time. The game was less of an Indiana Jones game than its prequels, but the story felt like the culmination of the journey we had been on with this character.

I think the gameplay is the best in the series. I understand that some people miss the big spectacles, but I would argue that the motorcycle chase and clocktower climb are among the best set pieces I've ever played through in a game.

It's a beautiful, fun, exciting, heartfelt culmination of a series that I greatly enjoyed. I love The Last of Us, Uncharted 2, and The Lost Legacy, but Uncharted 4 will always hold a special place in my heart as my favorite Naughty Dog game.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
One of the most disappointing games I think I've ever played. Pacing is a complete wreck with constant climbing and slow gimmick sections. Madagascar aside, the game never gives itself room to escalate into an exciting sequence. Each thrilling encounter is bookended by slogs.

the whole brother thing being retconned and felt very shoehorned into the game, it brought it down for me, i think it was just another way for druckmann to bring troy baker into a game honestly

The Lost Legacy was much better Uncharted game this gen

Castor Archer

Jan 8, 2019
The game is visually stunning to this day, Naughty Dog are masters in visuals and cinematic story telling in games. I was very satisfied with Nate and Elena's conclusion. Everything else however left no impact on me, and I disliked the overall plot and pacing of the game and the inclusion of Sam.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
blew me away at the time, but in retrospect is actually one of the lesser Sony 1st party titles of the gen.

Deleted member 388

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is how I feel about it, dimmed my excitement for the series. I should give Lost Legacy a go one day.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
the whole brother thing being retconned and felt very shoehorned into the game, it brought it down for me, i think it was just another way for druckmann to bring troy baker into a game honestly

The Lost Legacy was much better Uncharted game this gen

Every game after the first one kicked Elana to the curb for someone else(Chloe, Sully, Sam). It was a bad decision every time. Made me really dislike the ending of 4 since it basically pretends that never happened.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's a game of tremendous highs and lows to me, I don't mind the slower sections of Naughty Dog games but U4 has several slow climbing/puzzle sections which feel like either busywork or are just straight up dull.

The best part of Uncharted 4 is that it laid the ground work for The Lost Legacy which is arguably the best Uncharted game overall.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Sometimes I think of replaying it but then think I don't feel like shooting my way through hordes of dudes and climbing everywhere again.

One of my favorite games on the PS4 but it has its issues. Nearing the end I had enough of climbing buildings and shooting through waves of thugs just to progress the story, just get me to the ending of the pirate treasure!

And three years? For some reason I feel like it's way longer and I was l,ate to the party.

semiconscious

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
worst game in the series, easily. charm replaced with bathos. pulp replaced with 'feels'. fun replaced with gravitas :) ...

Wong Kar Why

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
wow time flies. i remember being floored by the e3 2015 demo. glad the game lived up to my expectations.

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
I play the multiplayer to this day. The incredible engine used for UC4 felt amazing to play and the graphics this engine produced is one of this generation's best.

The single player had simply awesome moments and the ending was pure badassery. One of this generation's greatest gems.

RemorsefulAmusingCleanerwrasse-size_restricted.gif

AjarFlatBumblebee-size_restricted.gif

OddImpracticalAlpineroadguidetigerbeetle-size_restricted.gif

Oct 27, 2017
This and Bloodborne a couple months apart was pure bliss.

? I think you're getting your years mixed up, as Bb was 2015.

Best action adventure game this gen.
giphy.gif

That's an amazing set-piece and definitely one of the best in the series. And the attention to detail in the whole game is just incredible.

I liked The Lost Legacy more overall though, largely because the pacing was vastly superior and it trimmed all of the fat that UC4 had into a nearly flawless 7-8 hour experience.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Pacing is a complete wreck with constant climbing and slow gimmick sections. Madagascar aside, the game never gives itself room to escalate into an exciting sequence. Each thrilling encounter is bookended by slogs.
These are basically my thoughts on it except I came away happy with Nate's conclusion and the multiplayer is one of my favorite competitive TPS of all time which helps elevate my stance on the game overall.

Lost Legacy though, phew, just took everything that worked in UC4, dropped everything that didn't and made the best title in the series by a mile.

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017
Never have I had to force myself so much to get through the utterly tedious 'platforming' and general gameplay