• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
At this age folks are playing the Senior Circuit. This man has a fused back, more than 3 surgeries and is over 40 years old . His last 3 majors are 6th, 2nd and now win. this is a progress which shows this man wasn't just winning because of tiger effect, he was winning because he has talent which no one, even at this time has .

OP
OP
Soliloquy of a Dogge
Oct 27, 2017
That's not fair dude, nobody is stopping you from giving him props so why stop people who have something critical to say as long as they are being civil about it?
Don't call somebody a supporter of a white supremacist piece of shit when he has clearly never expressed support for him then. I already said I hate seeing Tiger golf with him but people trying to spin that as explicit admiration/agreement are disingenuous fucks.

This thread is about Tiger's incredible accomplishment. No need for the political crap in the thread.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Incredible moment in golf history, and it was a pleasure watching. I couldn't be any happier for Tiger.

It's a shame that some people can't just enjoy this moment and be happy for the guy. People act like they have never made mistakes and don't have any skeletons in their closest. I'm willing to forgive people for their short comings because lord knows I need forgiveness as well.

Great win for tiger today and golf in general.

Oct 25, 2017
Why does a thread celebrating the comeback of a man that cheated on his wife remind you of apologists for a guy accused of raping a woman?
Because people are incredibly quick to completely ignore when somebody is a disgusting asshat in real life and immediately shoot down anybody who brings it up "You are just jealous" "Let's just celebrate this and ignore who this person is offside the field" "Why does it matter he is Trump supporter, this is just about this sport thing".

nhlducks35

Oct 28, 2017
lol some of you people are absolutely insufferable and I can't imagine having to deal with you in real life

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
People are talking about Tiger Woods as if he personally hurt them or broke a law.
I feel like you're maybe ascribing a deeper reaction to people than they are actually having. I don't know that you can ascertain a person's level of anger or whatever from a sentence or two on a forum, and even so I don't see anything wrong with someone not wanting to support a cheater, or someone who has ties to Trump (which I'm honestly not familiar with).

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Because people are incredibly quick to completely ignore when somebody is a disgusting asshat in real life and immediately shoot down anybody who brings it up "You are just jealous" "Let's just celebrate this and ignore who this person is offside the field" "Why does it matter he is Trump supporter, this is just about this sport thing".

So you're comparing raping people to what Tiger did then.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Weird how defensive people get defending a sports person they dont know at all

Happy for the game of golf though. No matter what golf is always better when Tiger is playing well. It's pretty incredible what he had done for the sport

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
4c3v9.gif

This is pretty awesome, though.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Folks in the media made it out to be that way, it wasn't that serious nor nobody's business. He cheated, that's it. Some folks made it seem like he committed murder.
Oh for sure, that's what the media does, but knowing that it happened, if you are someone who is strongly against cheating or have been personally effected by it in your life, it's reasonable to come to the conclusion that "I don't like the guy" because of it, right?

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
Weird how defensive people get defending a sports person they dont know at all

Happy for the game of golf though. No matter what golf is always better when Tiger is playing well. It's pretty incredible what he had done for the sport
If we are going to shit on a sport figure it should be Tom Brady. Much bigger scumbag than Tiger and he objectively didn't earn half of his achievements.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
i don't get it, it was self inflicted. Don't do stupid shit coons
Interesting choice of words there.

At this age folks are playing the Senior Circuit. This man has a fused back, more than 3 surgeries and is over 40 years old . His last 3 majors are 6th, 2nd and now win. this is a progress which shows this man wasn't just winning because of tiger effect, he was winning because he has talent which no one, even at this time has .
This. Man should be well over the hill and yet he still competes at such a high level. You could say his play is....Otherworldly. I'll see myself out.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017

What a depressing attitude to have.

Ryu_Ken

Oct 30, 2017
My racist, right-wing brother texted me:

"Tiger Woods golfed with Trump weeks ago. now he wins the Masters. no coincidence."

"just like America as a whole Tiger never won under Obama. but hes back now and America is great again!"

So maybe not all of them are as besides themselves as you think? I don't know. As we see in this thread, people are willing to overlook certain things to fit whatever narrative they want.

This is the same brother that was laughing that a rapper with the name "Nipsey Hussle" was murdered a couple weeks ago.
Cool attention seeking post.

Give it a rest.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Oh for sure, that's what the media does, but knowing that it happened, if you are someone who is strongly against cheating or have been personally effected by it in your life, it's reasonable to come to the conclusion that "I don't like the guy" because of it, right?
I'm against it but it's not that serious. Folks literally around the nation treated him like he kicked a 5yr old.. it really wasn't that big of a deal. Relationships end all the time for a variety of reasons. Life continues.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017

Obama doesnt give a shit, neither should you. He cheated on someone. He moved on, so did the ex wife.

Whats the problem here?

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
This thread is a mess.
It doesn't have to be that way! You dislike Tiger? Cool. You're happy he won? Cool. I'm just saying like everybody doesn't have to be at each other's throats about it, ya know?
If we are going to shit on a sport figure it should be Tom Brady. Much bigger scumbag than Tiger and he objectively didn't earn half of his achievements.
To be fair, people do shit on him all the time haha

Deleted member 40133

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
You know how people say someone who has committed a crime and then served time deserves a second chance? Tiger cheated, super shitty thing do, got divorced (good for her), lost a good chunk of his money (deservedly so). That's his equivalent of "serving time". There's been literal murderers and abusers on NFL teams and this is the hill people are deciding to die on? Winning the masters does not erase the shitty thing he did. But because he did a shitty immoral thing does not erase the accomplishment of the major.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I mean, you're killing yourself with all this concern. I'm sure Tiger's ex isn't as wound up as you are at this point. It's been more than a decade by now.

Enjoy life. I worry about the mental health of some of you here sometimes.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, you're killing yourself with all this concern. I'm sure Tiger's ex isn't as wound up as you are at this point. It's been more than a decade by now.

Enjoy life. I worry about the mental health of some you of sometimes.

This person is literally more upset about the past than anyone who was actually involved. Thats some messed up issues right there.

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017

TokyoJoe

Oct 28, 2017
At least this episode has been more interesting than the latest star trek episode which was such a shit show, I don't even where to begin.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
This person is literally more upset about the past than anyone who was actually involved. Thats some messed up issues right there.
Not even that. It's not like Tiger Wood didn't pay a huge price--lost tons of money, sponsorship deals, destroyed his family, lost his mojo, and killed his reputation.

I feel like the whole concept of redemption is lost on people these days.

Oct 28, 2017
i don't get it, it was self inflicted. Don't do stupid shit coons

What the fuck is this about?????

I just wish everyone could just respect that some people dislike the guy for good reason, and that when they are saying stuff about Tiger it isn't like they are attacking you personally, you know? It's a totally understandable opinion to dislike the guy. It doesn't have anything to do with being "overwoke" or "salty", it's like why does someone's opinion get to you that much to where you gotta try to downplay and dismiss it like that

Fair enough but it doesn't have to come up in everything. Take a day off from this shit drink a coke and watch some sports. I havent forgotten about that shit for more than an hour.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
He also played golf with Obama like that same week he golfed with Jack and Trump.

Tiger's never gotten political.. and he's probably not about to anytime soon. This pick a side crap is ridiculous.. there's more to life than just politics.

The man is literally trying to put children in cages. We are so far past the typical stages of decorum at this point that really defending it is sad. Everything in life is political. People who say otherwise are just that arent affected.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
People are talking about Tiger Woods as if he personally hurt them or broke a law.

He didn't even cheat at golf. He just slept with women who weren't his wife and was ruined by it.
I don't understand it, if we go by that metric then half the NFL and NBA should be out of jobs. Although I guess in the case of Tiger, he let it get to his head in combination of his older techniques were destroying his body.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Enjoy life. I worry about the mental health of some of you here sometimes.

I swear there's an online leaderboard somewhere we don't know about that tallies up woke points.