• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, you're killing yourself with all this concern. I'm sure Tiger's ex isn't as wound up as you are at this point. It's been more than a decade by now.

Enjoy life. I worry about the mental health of some of you here sometimes.
They're probably fine mentally. Just trying to seem more "woke" than the people who are happy for Tiger's comeback. It's just a way for people to feel better about themselves. Anonymity on the internet works wonders for that.

ChristopherDX

Banned
May 8, 2018
Tiger woods truly is the GOAT.

People trying to tear down his accomplishment because he's friends with the president?

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The man is literally trying to put children in cages. We are so far past the typical stages of decorum at this point that really defending it is sad.

I'm curious what the fuck this has to do with a man who is trying trying to put a ball in a hole. So he doesn't pass your purity test. The dude is inspirational for so many besides this bullshit and we are okay to celebrate it. Trump doesn't get to taint everything he comes comes in contact with on your say so.

Oct 27, 2017
I just wish everyone could just respect that some people dislike the guy for good reason, and that when they are saying stuff about Tiger it isn't like they are attacking you personally, you know? It's a totally understandable opinion to dislike the guy. It doesn't have anything to do with being "overwoke" or "salty", it's like why does someone's opinion get to you that much to where you gotta try to downplay and dismiss it like that

People are free to dislike him, I certainly don't give a shit and I'm not going to try convince anyone. But this is a thread about an incredible sports story. People coming in talking about his personal life from a decade ago are vitue signalling twits. It has nothing to do with him winning the Masters this year.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
People are free to dislike him, I certainly don't give a shit and I'm not going to try convince anyone. But this is a thread about an incredible sports story. People coming in talking about his personal life from a decade ago are vitue signalling twits. It has nothing to do with him winning the Masters this year.
I'm not as blunt as you lol, but you captured my feelings It happens all the time here. Someone even said the thread was "ERA'd"" lol.

It's annoying and those that do it have no sense of self-awareness.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
i don't get it, it was self inflicted. Don't do stupid shit coons

This thread reminds me very much of the "Yeah okay, Christino Ronaldo admitted he raped a woman BUT did you see the amazing goal he scored yesterday" thread

giphy.gif

What the fuck is wrong with you people

h1nch

Dec 12, 2017
LOL at all the Tiger haters shitting up this thread.

The dude deserved this moment. This is a wonderful comeback story and I'm glad to have been able to see it live.

The world of golf is objectively better when Tiger is contending for majors.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious what the fuck this has to do with a man who is trying trying to put a ball in a hole. So he doesn't pass your purity test. The dude is inspirational for so many besides this bullshit and we are okay to celebrate it. Trump doesn't get to taint everything he comes comes in contact with on your say so.

No one is saying you can't celebrate it. Dont get angry at those who dont worship the ground he walks on. Like I said I'm glad he is doing well for the game of golf. Doesnt mean I have to care for him as a person at all.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I swear there's an online leaderboard somewhere we don't know about that tallies up woke points.
No normal person actually gives a shit anymore that he cheated. It's just joyless losers online looking for woke points.
They're probably fine mentally. Just trying to seem more "woke" than the people who are happy for Tiger's comeback. It's just a way for people to feel better about themselves. Anonymity on the internet works wonders for that.
So, Occam's razor here. Either people are saying things just to, I don't know, "impress?" strangers on an anonymous niche gaming forum... or they just... don't like the guy? Do you believe it is an uncommon view for people to really dislike cheaters? Or to dislike Trump?

Do you ever consider that when you call out people for being "woke", an already fairly nebulous and meaningless distinction, that what you're really doing is just calling out a set of what people see as decent values that they try to live up to and want society to move towards? Or, that they are just referencing their own personal values, that in this case happen to be fairly common ones?

I don't get it with the "woke" nonsense, it's basically just a different way to tell people to shut up and dismiss them, yet people are happy to throw it around like it isn't that, and people don't treat it that way when that's exactly what it's doing. It's in the same boat as the "outrage culture" or "purity test" dogwhistling.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Tiger somehow elevates golf to be incredibly watchable. It goes from dull as dirt to edge of your seat.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Tiger woods truly is the GOAT.

People trying to tear down his accomplishment because he's friends with the president?
Surely you could understand some people not respecting Tiger for being friends with a highly racist and hurtful president that is Trump, right?

From a strictly sports perspective, this is an amazing accomplishment. But the reality is that some will refuse to separate Tiger the sportsman from Tiger the person. They're one in the same.

I'd argue that's it's more sad for how much he has done in opening up the game to minorities, he chooses to be friendly to someone who actively goes out of their way to shit on minorities of all types in all situations.

But ultimately nothing anyone posts here is going to change anything and posts criticizing him won't take away from the posters that want to celebrate the win and major comeback unless they allow them to. Which is a personal situation.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Going beyond the fused back, etc, this is a Tiger that has to beat competition that is at a much higher level than it was back in he 00's. He wasn't in the Top 40 in driving distance, something he was dominant in at his peak. But was #1 in greens in regulation and top ten in putting.

This is the course that lengthened half it's holes and added trees to narrow the course to combat his old style of play.

This isn't just coming back after a normally career ending injury, the dude reinvented his game completely and it's nothing short of amazing. Props to him.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
people are saying things just to, I don't know, "impress?" strangers on an anonymous niche gaming forum.
It's not about impressing anyone. Its about feeling better about themselves. When someone does that shit in a thread like this they know they will get 2 sets of replies. Those that agree with them and those that will tell them what they're referencing has nothing to do with the thread at hand. Both will allow the person to find a sense of superiority for being "woke", bringing the topic up and "informing" everyone of how horrible the person they are cheering on really is.

Humans do this shit all the time and its very transparent especially in a thread like this and considering the relatively mild trangressions Tiger committed.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No doubt. He did a shitty thing, they got divorced, it was settled.

No normal person actually gives a shit anymore that he cheated. It's just joyless losers online looking for woke points.
I'm surprised anyone would even care if any celebrity cheated on their spouse. Like that's really none of our business.

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
Truly incredible moment there at the end between his reaction, the crowd chants, the hugs, everything. I won't forget it for a long time.

If you are a sports and GoT fan, this is absolutely legendary TV day.

ButtButt

Oct 30, 2017
That was really incredible to watch, coming back after Molinari choked... and the emotions at the end. Amazing.

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Tiger woods is perhaps on the few sportsmen who despite being so profile have supporters from all political l, social, gender, race spectrums . Seems to keeps everything outside of golf private.
People who love him love him thus for his golf not his social political views which he is never willing to share unless he gets cornered.
People bringing up his private life to shit on thread about his public achievements must be real fun to be around at parties /S

jakncoke

Nov 5, 2017
Tiger Woods is basically the only golfer in the world that could get me to turn my tv to a golfing event. So it was nice to see him win again. I wonder how fast EA will run back to him to get him to attach his name to golfing games again for them.

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017
I get where you are coming from, but in my experience I truly do believe some individuals are trying to say what they think a community wants to hear. I could be dead wrong, and it's not something I can outright prove.

Yeah, people do this all the time.. it get's them attention and they can make them feel superior to those they view as beneath them. How else do explain coming into a thread and bringing politics in a thread about a golf tournament.

It's not like someone is going to come to ERA, read this thread.. and be like.. you know.. Fuck Tiger Woods.. Fuck Trump... I'm voting for Democrats now. It does ZERO to further conversation about the topic.. yeah.. I guess we can all ignore it.. or we can call it out.. and hope that people stop thread derailing by bringing politics into non-political threads.

BTW, my biggest surprise was Tiger playing so passive on the 18th... I wanted to see him try to win it going away.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if he does it. After how much it took for this one damn, but maybe he goes on a run. He's got to do it soon, father time is at his heels.

For sure but breaking through and winning that first one might have been the biggest hurdle. I hope he goes on a great run over the next couple of years and does it. Still a tall task but I will gladly tune in and watch.

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017
Do you believe it is an uncommon view for people to really dislike cheaters? Or to dislike Trump?

No.

I do believe it's uncommon to hold something that happened 10 years ago over someone though. Something that should have never been aired publically because it's none of our fucking business and especially something that has been sorted mutually via divorce and settlement.

You shouldn't care, and you certainly shouldn't care about an athlete's private life that fucking much to keep bringing it up and holding it over them 10 years later.

I'm sure you've done shit in your past you're not proud of - how would you like the world to know about it and bring it up whenever you achieve something?

In short: it's absolutely ludicrous, uncommon and unhealthy to care this much 10 years later about an athlete's private life and the fact he also golfs with Trump. P.S: he golfs with Obama too.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
For sure but breaking through might be the biggest hurdle. I hope he goes on a great run over the next couple of years and does it. Still a tall task but I will gladly tune in and watch.
His back surgeon is a genius. That's what people worried about the most, his health.

ChristopherDX

Banned
May 8, 2018
Surely you could understand some people not respecting Tiger for being friends with a highly racist and hurtful president that is Trump, right?

From a strictly sports perspective, this is an amazing accomplishment. But the reality is that some will refuse to separate Tiger the sportsman from Tiger the person. They're one in the same.

I'd argue that's it's more sad for how much he has done in opening up the game to minorities, he chooses to be friendly to someone who actively goes out of their way to shit on minorities of all types in all situations.

But ultimately nothing anyone posts here is going to change anything and posts criticizing him won't take away from the posters that want to celebrate the win and major comeback unless they allow them to. Which is a personal situation.

I feel like he can be friends with whomever he wants to be without the spin you placed on it. His achievements as such a powerful and important black man in golf has shattered records, and no you or anyone can't take that away from him.

Oct 25, 2017

Saying that he's friends with Trump is quite a reach. He played a round of golf with him. Maybe he regrets it but Tiger is one who really doesn't delve into politics in a public way. He played with Obama too (multiple times). People really need to stop playing this up and trying to shit up the thread even more than it has been. It's run it's course and then some.