• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
That was insane. Truly insane. I was thinking, damn, he missed the ridge and is going to have 15ft for par. Trickled it onto the spot the size of a dime and got it to inches. Pure brilliance.
Yeah I can't think of anyone else who could imagine that putt. The precision required for that putt is more than I can ever understand. Several breaks, including the first where he goes 10 feet to the right almost going into the fringe and then a roller coaster down and left to that hole where he gets it to tap in range.

Amazing.

Brohenheim

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised history channel didn't already make a show called "Who's The GOAT" where they spend 37 minutes and 23 minutes in commercials hyping a showdown in their state of the art simulator ( a 2 years out of date sports game with create a player ) to help answer who's the greatest to ever play _______. Most of the show is two fat guys arguing about what stats to put for each player in the game and settling their arguments with unrelated and unscientific tests that they act really surprised at the results for.

What crap do they even air now a days?
I would watch the shit out of that show! And probably not agree with a single conclusion they come to lol

Matrix XII

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats Tiger! I'm so happy I was able to watch this historic event live. It's truly remarkable what he did after all his ups and downs.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I didn't like Tiger while he was winning for the same reason I don't like the patriots.

But I'm glad he's made a comeback after so long.

Oct 27, 2017
How many people in jacks day were capable of winning any given tourney? Nowadays almost anyone in the field can play their brains out and win any given week. It's definitely harder to win nowadays

Tiger didn't win his majors nowadays though, his first was 20 years ago. I think the field is stronger now than it was back then even. When you look at the field who were in contention yesterday, it was absolutely stacked.

Last edited:

liquidmetal14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Very happy for the golfer, the man, the father. He's one of the few athletes in the world right now despite the golf not necessarily being as fast and frenetic as others, really draws your attention. Even competing let alone winning, that is a great feel-good story. I don't think any pundits or anybody who it's familiar with the mistakes or the injuries that have occurred would ever doubt the man credit and at least feel a sense of happiness for this happening. It's great for sports in general and something you make movies about. That's the stuff that moves my needle.

Deleted member 11039

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can we agree the sports Mount Rushmore is:

Tiger, Brady, Jordan and Bradham

This is a good start

MV5BOGM3ZDFlZDMtMzI4Zi00YTBkLTk1MTItYTJjMDZkN2NiNmU2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjExODE1MDc@._V1_UY268_CR5,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah a long time ago i had to choose three people in sport that i thought would be leading in their sport for years to come.
I figured Tiger Woods, Martina Hingis and Ronaldo (the really talented one from Brazil) would be the GOATS (not THAT much of a wild guess since their talent was in plain sight for a long time).
In potential, the three of them had it in them. Of course, life can't be predicted and you never know when a dramatic event or career-ending injury will occur. But it's great to see Woods living up to that again.

Fluffhead14

Oct 27, 2017
one of the greatest moments i've ever witnessed. sports are the best. i jumped out of my seat and ran around the living room after his shot on 16.

Cyberclops

Mar 15, 2019
Reminds me how excited I was when Andy Murray won the Olympics and then Wimbledon, and I'm not even from the UK

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of a minor point in the grand scheme of things, but I love that there aren't any cell phones in that first pic. I had forgotten that Augusta Bans them.
They suck at certain things, but they sure know how to run a golf tournament.

Out of all the sports and events I have followed over the last 35 years, the Masters is definitely the best run. From the fans, to the grounds, to just the way it always comes down to the last 6 holes. And you get more attached to it the older you get.

Seeing Tiger hug his kids contrasted with when I saw him hug his dad in 1997 was definitely a powerful moment for me. I was in college when he won that Masters and kind of a Greg Norman fan. None of us were ready for what we saw then or since.

Mar 14, 2019
Mount Rushmore is a giant monument of our most prolific presidents carved on a rock on a mountain. Sports Mount Rushmore would be a similar concept of the most prolific athletes with their likenesses carved on a rock face.
Top 4 of all time in a sports category. In this case--Greatest of All Time in their sport.

People also do it within a sport, like basketball.

ah ok thanks.

well yall need to consider this guy then:
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Alexandrowitsch_Karelin

hes a serios contender to be the most dominant athlete of any sport of all time. His win ratio is 887:2 (with one of the 2 losses beeing his last match (olympic finale nonetheless)), he was 13 years undefeated, with 6 consecutive years not even giving away a single point.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
They suck at certain things, but they sure know how to run a golf tournament.

Out of all the sports and events I have followed over the last 35 years, the Masters is definitely the best run. From the fans, to the grounds, to just the way it always comes down to the last 6 holes. And you get more attached to it the older you get.

Seeing Tiger hug his kids contrasted with when I saw him hug his dad in 1997 was definitely a powerful moment for me. I was in college when he won that Masters and kind of a Greg Norman fan. None of us were ready for what we saw then or since.
They were ahead of the game with live streaming years ago too.
Yeah Greg was my man for quite a while before Tiger,even got his shark tattoo. 😄