• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Soliloquy of a Dogge
Oct 27, 2017
ITT I learned it's ok to be a piece of shit as long as you can shoot a ball good
ITT we learned that posters like yourself love to shit threads up and look at everything in a black and white manner with no context.

Also that you're a perfect human who has never had a transgression. Fuck outta here with your purity tests and holier than thou attitudes.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ITT we learned that posters like yourself love to shit threads up and look at everything in a black and white manner with no context.

Also that you're a perfect human who has never had a transgression. Fuck outta here with your purity tests and holier than thou attitudes.
"look at everything in a black and white manner"
"WELL YOU SEE YOU'RE NOT PERFECT EITHER SO ITS THE SAME AS SUPPORTING THE LITTERAL NAZI IN THE WHITE HOUSE"

give me a fucking break mate

OP
OP
Soliloquy of a Dogge
Oct 27, 2017
"look at everything in a black and white manner"
"WELL YOU SEE YOU'RE NOT PERFECT EITHER SO ITS THE SAME AS SUPPORTING THE LITTERAL NAZI IN THE WHITE HOUSE"

give me a fucking break mate
Last time I'm responding to you because you're just trolling this thread at this point.

Proof that Tiger has expressed explicit support for the thing occupying the White House. And no, playing golf with it (as I've previously said I don't like) doesn't count. He has played with President Obama 3 times as well.

The fact that people like you continue to come into this thread that is celebrating a historic accomplishment and continuing to do this is quite frankly pathetic.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ITT I learned it's ok to be a piece of shit as long as you can shoot a ball good

Being a piece of shit doesn't mean this isn't a fascinating story. To be the definitive goat then just straight up lose it at a very young age, then get it back. It's crazy and fascinating. I do agree with not hero worshipping him or any athlete or celebrity honestly.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
ah ok thanks.

well yall need to consider this guy then:
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Alexandrowitsch_Karelin

hes a serios contender to be the most dominant athlete of any sport of all time. His win ratio is 887:2 (with one of the 2 losses beeing his last match (olympic finale nonetheless)), he was 13 years undefeated, with 6 consecutive years not even giving away a single point.
Definitely would be a contender, though I assume because they're talking about Rushmore, most Americans only thinking US athletes. 4 top picks is going to be hard even in just one country let alone the world. Interesting premise for a thread though. Your national top pics and international assuming you're well versed in the latter and can make some good arguments.

Kmonk

#TeamThierry
Oct 30, 2017
US
They suck at certain things, but they sure know how to run a golf tournament.

Out of all the sports and events I have followed over the last 35 years, the Masters is definitely the best run. From the fans, to the grounds, to just the way it always comes down to the last 6 holes. And you get more attached to it the older you get.

Seeing Tiger hug his kids contrasted with when I saw him hug his dad in 1997 was definitely a powerful moment for me. I was in college when he won that Masters and kind of a Greg Norman fan. None of us were ready for what we saw then or since.

The ad-free video stream on their site is almost too good to believe.

And yeah, you definitely feel the nostalgia more and more with each passing year. I really felt special for Tiger to get another major here, although I'm sure it would have been amazing in any of the four.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of a minor point in the grand scheme of things, but I love that there aren't any cell phones in that first pic. I had forgotten that Augusta Bans them.
While it would be really nice to snap a few photos of Augusta, because it looks like a gorgeous golf course, I'm glad they ban those

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
The ad-free video stream on their site is almost too good to believe.

And yeah, you definitely feel the nostalgia more and more with each passing year. I really felt special for Tiger to get another major here, although I'm sure it would have been amazing in any of the four.
I definitely felt it because it was the first Masters that my kids were willing to sit down and watch with me.

Tiger can even get kids to watch golf.

While it would be really nice to snap a few photos of Augusta, because it looks like a gorgeous golf course, I'm glad they ban those
The cell phones do look obnoxious now.

But that policy should only be for something special like the Masters. Most of these events are filled with rich people who just want to say they were there. For those kinds of crowds it is fitting that you see them all taking a shitty picture at the same time instead of actually being in the moment.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I can't wait to listen to the talking heads today.
It was pretty shitty. Because they cover all of the sports and are 24/7 hot take machines. I didn't really hear or see anything memorable.

You have to go to the golf guys to get the good stuff.

Honestly its such a big moment it is beyond the shitty talents of talk show hacks to give the moment the context and significant it needs.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
It was pretty shitty. Because they cover all of the sports and are 24/7 hot take machines. I didn't really hear or see anything memorable.

You have to go to the golf guys to get the good stuff.

Honestly its such a big moment it is beyond the shitty talents of talk show hacks to give the moment the context and significant it needs.
I agree but seeing someone like Scott Van Pelt talk about it last night and given the fact that he started at ESPN covering golf and Tiger in 97, felt really genuine and powerful. He basically talked about how he was there for the original Tiger mania and how he was young and excited just like Tiger and how now they are both old and showing their age and it reminds of him of those early days and for a brief moment, he was transported back in time.

Shlice

Nov 6, 2017

Out of all the sports and events I have followed over the last 35 years, the Masters is definitely the best run. From the fans, to the grounds, to just the way it always comes down to the last 6 holes. And you get more attached to it the older you get.

Also they have the best online coverage. It's great quality, never goes down, and they have the best featured groups on Thursday and Friday so you can watch the whole round of the actual people you want to watch before TV coverage starts at 3pm.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
https%3A%2F%2Fs3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com%2Fmaven-user-photos%2Findiancountrytoday%2Fnews%2F8zojDmYqjkuA5Qj5-QAQPw%2FGv7yhcEP00yKOpLPJ04beg

1142673117.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

wc2002-ger-bra-ronaldo-celebrate-5b17f91e3467ac34b5000002.jpg

Never give up.

TheAvatar

Nov 4, 2017
Warning for anyone that watches first takes debate on who is the bigger icon Jordan or tiger, it's pretty infuriating. Max pretty much said golf wasn't a sport, and it wasn't even close Jordan stomps on tigers popularity, I'm not the biggest golf fan but that is a damn lie. Everyone knows who tiger woods is, absolutely everyone. He is most certainly an icon and is really close to Jordan.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Warning for anyone that watches first takes debate on who is the bigger icon Jordan or tiger, it's pretty infuriating. Max pretty much said golf wasn't a sport, and it wasn't even close Jordan stomps on tigers popularity, I'm not the biggest golf fan but that is a damn lie. Everyone knows who tiger woods is, absolutely everyone. He is most certainly an icon and is really close to Jordan.
I mean, I'd argue that while Tiger is a world wide icon I don't know if he's quite on the same level as Michael Jordan. But they're both so popular that it kind of doesn't matter.

Tension Mask

Oct 28, 2017
No way Tom Brady is on a sports Mount Rushmore. He is nowhere near as dominant as any of, let's say Tiger/Gretzky/Ruth/Serena for example.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The man lived a miserable existence in his professional life for the last 10 years, isn't that enough? What do you want from him blood?

He experienced an onslaught of hate from the media and public in the initial years ensuing the cheating scandal (I guess you could say deservedly so, but the man shouldn't be ragged on for the rest of his life), lost his super powers in golf, suffered from injury after injury, people continuously doubting him saying he's washed up. Just appreciate the fact that people make mistakes in their lives, go through a decade of strife and be able to come out on the other end.

I can appreciate that, I'm not perfect myself.

Oct 30, 2017
The man lived a miserable existence in his professional life for the last 10 years, isn't that enough? What do you want from him blood?

He experienced an onslaught of hate from the media and public in the initial years ensuing the cheating scandal (I guess you could say deservedly so, but the man shouldn't be ragged on for the rest of his life), lost his super powers in golf, suffered from injury after injury, people continuously doubting him saying he's washed up. Just appreciate the fact that people make mistakes in their lives, go through a decade of strife and be able to come out on the other end.

I can appreciate that, I'm not perfect myself.
Anyone without a spotless record is pretty much a piece of shit according to many on this forum. There's no sense in trying to convince them otherwise. People here set such a high standard for what constitutes a good person or make fruitless arguments as to why someone shouldn't be celebrated, yet they struggle to wipe their own ass.

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly thought the thread title was a joke yesterday when I first read it. I am shocked that he was able to pull off what is an amazing comeback. To do it at Augusta too is amazing. The Masters and the British Open clearly have more meaning for the players so this is extra special. People have mentioned Ronaldo's comeback, but he was still a young player though his injury was severe. Anyone have any comebacks similar to this? Mario Lemieux is another one off the top of my head but I am having a hard time naming more.

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
The closest comparison I think would be Rocky VI, and even in that movie, Rocky loses! Here, Tiger wins.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
I honestly thought the thread title was a joke yesterday when I first read it. I am shocked that he was able to pull off what is an amazing comeback. To do it at Augusta too is amazing. The Masters and the British Open clearly have more meaning for the players so this is extra special. People have mentioned Ronaldo's comeback, but he was still a young player though his injury was severe. Anyone have any comebacks similar to this? Mario Lemieux is another one off the top of my head but I am having a hard time naming more.
Ronaldo had two major injuries. The second one the day he came back from the first one. If you check the video you will understand why his comeback is one of the greatest of all time. Everyone said he was done , even coming back to just play football was a question mark...

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dec 13, 2018
Same as millions of others. My politics aren't niche.

I didnt say anything about Tiger winning. I'm highlighting how ridiculous and sheltered your claim is. In what world does everyone have the choice or should be eager to ignore politics?

Pretty sure your politics are limited to hang wringing on message boards, otherwise you'd realize how ridiculous you are. There are better more productive ways to make a difference, for instance volunteering for your candidate of choice, than whatever you think you're doing. I mean, a tiger woods masters thread? Really?

We might as well just make one single thread called American politics. We can keep track of everyone that fails the purity test too and ban their name from the message board. What a wonderful world it'll be.

Last edited:

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
Ronaldo had two major injuries. The second one the day he came back from the first one. If you check the video you will understand why his comeback is one of the greatest of all time. Everyone said he was done , even coming back to just play football was a question mark...

I understand the circumstances behind it. Ronaldo still had his youth and the unknown to come back from with an injury. Tiger is different here though. Tiger has been meandering for like a decade, getting older and being seen as a completely different player then his prime. Tiger here is not really in the same circumstance as Ronaldo and I am a big Ronaldo fan. I brought up Mario as he had the cancer break and was able to come back from that and produce at an elite level.

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
Tiger's only responsibility is to play golf to the best of his ability.

If I was near a computer, I'd like to check the other golf droughts since tiger's last masters. What's Sergio been up to?

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
As a person with a couple really herniated-the-fuck-out-of lumbar discs, Im just amazed he was able to do this after multiple set backs and surgeries. I know the pain he had / has, its not fun, and it'll drive you mad.

OP
OP
Soliloquy of a Dogge
Oct 27, 2017
As a person with a couple really herniated-the-fuck-out-of lumbar discs, Im just amazed he was able to do this after multiple set backs and surgeries. I know the pain he had / has, its not fun, and it'll drive you mad.
Yeah, I am suffering from my first herniated disc and know my pain/discomfort pales in comparison to what he was dealing with. Can't imagine how he swung a golf club and tried to play through it for the period of time he did. Superhuman stuff.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Tiger is a genius at golf.

He can see and do things that no one else on the planet can do.

He talked about the back and how it can limit his swing at times and make it janky but that he uses his brain and hands to make it work.

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed seeing Tiger win. As a sports story, to come back from all of his injuries and win the Masters is spectacular.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018

I don't care that he cheated on his wife. That's his business. This is not even in the same category as shit like Floyd being a domestic abuser, unless Tiger has done worse than be unfaithful. If he's a Trump guy that's worse but still not enough to discredit his work.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Really wish this win could lead to a new PGA Tour video game... I do miss the series.

Tankard

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I think Rich Eisen testimony of seeing his young son so interested in the Masters?Golf all weekend was also very nice.

Edit. Here

JealousKenny

Banned
Jul 17, 2018

Seeing Tiger hug his kids contrasted with when I saw him hug his dad in 1997 was definitely a powerful moment for me. I was in college when he won that Masters and kind of a Greg Norman fan. None of us were ready for what we saw then or since.

One thing that sucks is that the fans are essentially the same every year. People keep the badges for life and when you die it transfers to your spouse. The lottery to have the privalge of attempting to purchase a badge hasn't been open in almost 20 years.

Next time you view the Masters, look for a non-white fan. I counted 2 Sunday, on all 18 holes.

OP
OP
Soliloquy of a Dogge
Oct 27, 2017
Really wish this win could lead to a new PGA Tour video game... I do miss the series.
I think someone earlier in the thread mentioned that Golf Club has the PGA tour license now? That's too bad considering the game is decent but very subpar (especially physics and gameplay wise) compared to PGA Tour 2013, 2004 and some of those other great EA titles.

Tension Mask

Oct 28, 2017
Stu Ungar (a Poker legend with a very aggressive playstyle, long before it became the norm) won the WSOP Main Event back-to-back in '80 and '81, fell into a downward spiral (drug addiction), came back in '97 and won the Main Event again. He died one year later.

Yeah that's a good one. Ungar was kind of at a Tiger Woods-level in poker until he disappeared for years with terrible drug issues and just generally awful lifestyle. When he came back in '97 his appearance was rather disturbing, the drugs had done such a number on him. But he dominated the World Series (setting the record by winning it for the third time), dedicated it to his daughter, it was quite amazing stuff. Right up there with Tiger just in terms of the improbability of the comeback.

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
Just listened to the caddie interview. Hes. Trying to claim some credit lol

Mar 14, 2019
I think someone earlier in the thread mentioned that Golf Club has the PGA tour license now? That's too bad considering the game is decent but very subpar (especially physics and gameplay wise) compared to PGA Tour 2013, 2004 and some of those other great EA titles.
lolwat?

the golf club is by far the most convincing game in existence when it comes to real life golf in games.
tiger woods games are way more arcady

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone without a spotless record is pretty much a piece of shit according to many on this forum. There's no sense in trying to convince them otherwise. People here set such a high standard for what constitutes a good person or make fruitless arguments as to why someone shouldn't be celebrated, yet they struggle to wipe their own ass.

I always find that fascinating about this place, and makes me wonder what miserable behaviour that posters on here engage in but justify to themselves as ok or just straight up don't recognise in the first place.