• To celebrate the release of Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Steam, Xbox Games Studios has provided 5 Steam copies of the game and 5 Xbox One copies of the game! We will be giving these away in the Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Some Steam copies will also be given away to the PC Gaming Era community.
  • An old favorite feature returns: Q&ERA is back! This time we'll be collecting questions for Remedy Entertainment, makers of Max Payne, Alan Wake, Quantum Break, and Control. Members can submit questions for the next 4 days, 11 hours, 28 minutes, 54 seconds. Submissions will close on Dec 12, 2019 at 12:00 AM.

Tiger Woods to be awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President Trump

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
Man deserves it. Hopefully his back acts up so he can't go, but this once in a lifetime, so...

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
Lots of people, and lots of sportsmen and women especially, have received this award since Bush Jr...so it's all good. I wonder if he's the first person to receive it while still playing?

Apharmd

Oct 25, 2017
Tiger Woods isn't a very good person. And here he's eagerly going to allow himself to be used as the president's prop. I just, I can't with Tiger. Have never had much for the dude.

jontin

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Does no one remember the backlash when Obama gave these out? It's just a strangely named medal, perfectly fine.

JasonMCG

Oct 27, 2017
Denver, CO
I'm happy for Tiger and all, but if it were me, I would've said thanks, but no thanks. Give it to someone more deserving...a teacher, doctor, someone else.

sangreal

Oct 25, 2017
Cause he cheated on his wife a decade ago?
More likely because he refuses to stand up for anything -- aside from being cozy with Trump he famously refused to support other minorities in golf --namely women -- who were being excluded by clubs. He is an amazing and inspirational athlete, but tbh he is a coward