• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
I just explained how people would consider his actions political though, or at least a testament to his character. If you pal around with a fascist, of course people are going to have an opinion on that.
Why do you care so much about what a golfer with a bad back says? Your expectations should be towards the people making laws, no?

Eta- are you expecting the actual people that represent you to do more? Are you talking to them instead of being mad at a hypothetical tiger and what he's not doing?

Eta2- Nobody at the bar knew tiger won the masters. Then I had to explain. Great way to explain golf but this weekend was something else.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Why do you care so much about what a golfer with a bad back says? Your expectations should be towards the people making laws, no?

Eta- are you expecting the actual people that represent you to do more? Are you talking to them instead of being mad at a hypothetical tiger and what he's not doing?
I mean, you're moving the goalposts from our initial conversation here and pivoting to something totally different, which I'm fine with discussing but the initial conversation we were having was about Tiger and his association with Trump, and people's perception of it.

To your point though, my expectations are equally with people who make the laws and also with people who support them or put them in that position. I am able to think about both at the same time. I expect people to not support or pal around with a fascist, which is a reasonable request I think, it's not asking the world. I'm not sitting here fuming about Tiger Woods or anything, just offering my thoughts on why it's a fair criticism.

Also, yes, I engage with politics both on a local and broader scale frequently. I have worked as a fundraiser for the DNC, I have served on the board of directors for a progressive policy association, I've helped organize and have participated in protests, rallies, all that stuff. So yeah, I make my voice heard to the extent that I reasonably can.

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
giphy.gif

This guy is too busy for politics, and I'm cool with that.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
giphy.gif

This guy is too busy for politics, and I'm cool with that.
Are we done with our conversation now or...? What you posted is kind of just a non-sequitur in that it doesn't address any of our previous conversation. It's kind of the equivalent of "I don't care, I'm right, here's a gif". We are already aware you support Tiger Woods.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he would of got this award at some point anyway. Not just his golf career, but his personal life was in shambles and he managed to bounce back. I'm more than ok with this.

Oct 27, 2017
Dizzayum. To be fair though, that's only really a problem on the OT. Hangout threads and gaming side don't do that often. But yeah, its a bit of an issue here. I can't imagine what it must be like to not be from the US and post here and see this stuff argued all the time. Must be exhausting.

Yeah, after a while it just feels like you can't escape the constant negativity. I despise the guy as much as anyone else and don't agree with Tiger doing things such as golfing with the guy but when people start making false equivalencies or inserting the impostor in the White House into every single thing and drawing parallels between two people and insinuating they're one in the same, it goes beyond the pale and enters the realm of pure silliness.

Trump has basically ruined anything and everything. There's nothing that doesn't draw an angle not involving him... which, ironically enough, is just what he aims for.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
More likely because he refuses to stand up for anything -- aside from being cozy with Trump he famously refused to support other minorities in golf --namely women -- who were being excluded by clubs. He is an amazing and inspirational athlete, but tbh he is a coward
Yup. The cheating on his wife is the least of it. Tiger was in the sunken place long before it had a name.

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't say both assaulted women. Keep putting words in my mouth though
Never said you did. You made one connection and called it a "bond". I pointed out a important difference that also exists.

Infidelity shouldn't be downplayed. But if you're going to make a connection between two men in one area and imply it's a "bond" between them, let's be honest and make sure that we point out that their behavior as human beings isn't remotely comparable.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Screenshot_20190416-155038_Chrome.jpg

Man, the whole thread is bizarre. We've got Trump's own tweet and decision, the fact that grifter jacob wohl's father is now also a checkmarked grifter and this dude who doesn't pay attention to anything other than sports.

Oct 28, 2017
Not bothered by this because I don't like golf. Unless it's Hot Shots Golf. And I don't give a fuck about Tiger Woods.

Honestly, I'd rather sit and watch a bunch of monkeys on crack try to hang drywall on YouTube than sit down and watch golf on TV.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
This is something presidents do and I can't really get my ire up enough to be upset about it, though IIRC this does buck the trend of usually selecting retired athletes that have gone on to do good work.