• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
I don't quite get from the trailer what the USP of the story is about to be but it sure looks nice.

A man leaves Taiwan and everything he liked for a chance to go to America. To get the chance to though, he entered into a loveless relationship and now has a daughter he's still trying to connect with.

This story should resonate with some people who had immigrant parents.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
Alan Yang is amazing. He's been nailing this sort of intense interpersonal drama with Master of None, and Forever (especially the episode "Andre and Sarah"). I'm very in for this

Oct 27, 2017
A man leaves Taiwan and everything he liked for a chance to go to America. To get the chance to though, he entered into a loveless relationship and now has a daughter he's still trying to connect with.

This story should resonate with some people who had immigrant parents.

That much I got but the trailer implies there is something more to it. Well, guess I have to watch it to find out.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Stopped the trailer half way because I'm sold. I'll watch it.

Jul 18, 2018
I can see how this can give your heart a tug by relating your parents to the main character. But i feel the pacing and the reason why the main character is the way he is wasn't explored into much. The beginning part of the movie was done very well, but as the movie went on, i felt it wasn't explored well. Perhaps because this movie doesn't really bring anything unique about the immigrant experience, or should i say the dad's character is just another copy, i just want it explored more. I was actually surprised how fast this movie went by (in bad way), i remember pausing the film and there was 20mins left, but i felt like it was just starting to get an identity.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know anything about who's involved, but that trailer was beautiful and sold me on a watch. Well done. Thanks for sharing.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
Overall I liked it, but Yang has certainly done better work for television. Hoping this is only the beginning of his work in feature length