• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Tim has been the third Robin, but not the last. But he's never evolved passed that name, unlike Dick, Jason, or Stephanie. Even after Damian came into play, Tim had to start going by Red Robin which... that's not much of an evolution. Sure he got a different costume here and there, but he's still saddled with being another Robin, despite no longer being that direct sidekick.

First, he was a Robin... finally with pants!
91fU132FJOL.jpg

Then he's a Robin... minus the green!
55f1dab1590920073f9c999745be8bbf.jpg

Now he's Red Robin, which is like a red Batman! (insert joke about Daredevil here)
1395992-timdrake4.jpg

Now he's a bird guy from the late 90's.
latest

"Eh, just slap another R on him. It's fine."
latest

Finally in Young Justice #8, when facing off against his Earth 3 counterpart, the most obvious solution:
MTU2ODIxMzM3Mg==

New costume going forward too
dc-robin-tim-drake-new-costume-1183477.jpg

So there ya go. Tim finally has an identity of his own... which he had to steal from his evil self from another dimension.

Last edited:

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe Tim was better off dead. They have no idea what to do with him or poor Dick.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
His dad is letting him use his last name as his superhero name?

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
But then people will confuse him Drake the artist.

They'll be like, "Help, someone get Drake."

"The rapper or the hero?"

Precious seconds will be lost. People will die.

Last edited:

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
Going from being named after a chain of burger restaurants to being named after water fowl feels like a lateral move.

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
I guess as far as secret identities go, using your real last name as your fake name is some crazy like a fox thinking.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Tim Drake is one of my two favorite comic characters of all time. I don't hate this name. I just wish that they let him retain some variation of his 90's costume, bo staff and his signature ninja boots.

Oct 25, 2017
Should have stayed Red Robin(pre new 52) or give Drake a better costume.

Can Cass get her Black Bat identity back? Orphan is trash.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
When he said dangerous bird did he mean greek mythological dragons or is he serious that he is referring to ducks?