Tim Miller: Sonic Movie Redesign Will Please Fans

EvilBoris

Oct 29, 2017
What if this is a super troll to get attention?

Tim Miller directed Deadpool, is a CG artist himself and has worked on videogames included Mass Effect 2...
He claims to be a nerd/geek himself and is in tune with this stuff.

dietpepsi

Oct 25, 2017
GTA (Toronto)
Why did they think they needed to change Sonic's design for the film in the first place, to the point where Sega themselves would have been displeased? Makes no sense.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Okayyyyyyy so they're fixing the design.
What about the rest of the movie? Like the script, the cheese, the Dr. Strange portals, and almost everything else?

NotLiquid

Oct 25, 2017
I just don’t know how you don’t get it right the first time. Sonic has been around forever.
By not believing in the material in the first place, which I'm sure the directors and creative talents did (Marza Animation Planet - Sega's own CG house - is doing the CG for the movie and they've been working on the CG cutscenes for the games since Sonic Riders Zero Gravity, including that one Unleashed intro everyone loves), but the producers most likely did not.

Aaron

Oct 25, 2017
By not believing in the material in the first place, which I'm sure the directors and creative talents did (Marza Animation Planet - Sega's own CG house - is doing the CG for the movie and they've been working on the CG cutscenes for the games since Sonic Riders Zero Gravity, including that one Unleashed intro everyone loves), but the producers most likely did not.
Every time I watch that clip it makes me wish they just did a CG animated feature set in Sonic's world even more. No ugly-ass redesigns, no cheesy and overdone "a cartoon character gets transported to the REAL WORLD" plot (hi Smurfs, hi Rocky & Bullwinkle), just a straight Sonic story in the universe.

rec0ded1

Oct 27, 2017
end credits scene:
Cyclops: What about escalation?
Sonic: Escalation?
Cyclops: We made a movie about you, they made memes, we redesign you, they call the plot ridiculous
Sonic: And?
Cyclops: And you're wearing red shoes, and dodging missiles off rooftops. Take this guy, cool shades, leather jacket, skateboard. Got a taste for the theatrical, like you. Leaves a calling card.
Sonic: (Sees a helmet) I'll look into it.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
No good redesign will fix that blah concept of a live-action Sonic movie that should have been shit-canned back into the 90's.

Back to subject...Sonic and humans don't mix well to me... i find it very poor to have sonic in human world, i would have preferred they made a full animation movie... so not only a redesign of Sonic, but complete rework of the fundamentals, the fuck up is more profound.
Sonic mixed will with humans in Sonic Unleashed. Though, those humans were as cartoony as Eggman and none of them were saddled with a bad buddy-cop plot.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
Listen.

There's not a single person who thinks this will be good.

it's going to be a train wreck.

The best part will be Jim Carey absolutely hamming it up, but it's going to be an awful film... and it'll be perfect for that reason.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Back to subject...Sonic and humans don't mix well to me... i find it very poor to have sonic in human world, i would have preferred they made a full animation movie... so not only a redesign of Sonic, but complete rework of the fundamentals, the fuck up is more profound.
Humans in sonic have always been kinda awful. Even gerald and maria two humans peolple to like are very stilted and weird. Humans work best when you don't try and force them in the fore front and let the characters be themselves and they are just kind of a narrative means to an end. Like Proffesor Pickle in sonic unleashed. This movie isn't doing anything like that though