• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
They should go the Lion King route and CG an actual hedgehog with a soulless face

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
They brought in Tyson Hesse--it better look passable, at the very least.

Mzo

Nov 30, 2017
Based on the trailer, I really don't think just fixing the character design will result in an interesting film.

Still baffled they went down the path of Sonic invading our world, when it would have been far more interesting to set the movie in Sonic's world (even if they had a human audience stand in for people to relate to).
It could pay off if the very end of the trailer shows that Eggman follows Sonic back to his world. I like the idea of him making Eggman lose his mind and setting him up as the villain in Sonic's world.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
They should go the Lion King route and CG an actual hedgehog with a soulless face

Better yet just use an actual hedgehog.

1*Kv9orLktUOz5DWL75O242A.jpeg

Village

Oct 25, 2017
While I doubt this. Cool? That doesn't fix... the rest of this film being a mess. Its why it confused me they went out of their way to fix shit.

OP
OP
Camjo-Z

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Where was this rumored?

Jeff Fowler tweeted out this drawing to announce the delay:

People started speculating that Tyson Hesse was the artist behind it, which was basically confirmed when he posted an image of RDJ at the end of the first Iron Man movie where he announces he's Iron Man.

edit: lol whoops, uh yea what P-Bo said

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019

People started speculating that Tyson Hesse was the artist behind it, which was basically confirmed when he posted an image of RDJ at the end of the first Iron Man movie where he announces he's Iron Man.

That's fine you said it better than me. =)

Oct 25, 2017
At work right now, so I can't link everything--basically he teased on Twitter that he's had involvement with the movie, and when asked by fans to confirm, he posted a gif of that one Ironman 1 scene--you know the one.

Ah, really nice. That's just about the best starting point they can get.

Virtua Saturn

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe more people would see it with the re-design but I was 100% going to go with the horror show they originally had.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Producer and Director making the movie: 'Fuck we're with the fans, movie making guys what you doing'!

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Just to note, this is still strictly rumor only. There was some other name they brought in to assist with the redesign last I remember, but it wasn't Tyson. We'll just have to see when they come out with it.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Unless they completely change the script around, I doubt it. As I've said before, they can fix the problem with his eyes, but as long as Sonic's out there palling with a cop, they can't fix the problem with his soul

ChemicalWorld

Dec 6, 2017
They can change the design all they want. It's still going to be fucking terrible since it has the whole buddy cop schtick. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Archduke Kong

Feb 2, 2019
Tim Miller: "This redesign will please fans."
Arrested Development narrator: "It wouldn't, but this inattention to detail was typical of the laziness Hollywood was known for."

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
Based on the trailer, I really don't think just fixing the character design will result in an interesting film.

Still baffled they went down the path of Sonic invading our world, when it would have been far more interesting to set the movie in Sonic's world (even if they had a human audience stand in for people to relate to).
This. Sonic could look perfect, but the movie is gonna be garbage based on the premise alone.

Oct 28, 2017
I don't care what you guys say I'm excited for this movie and the trailer made me smile throughout. Good or trainwreck. It doesn't matter. I'll be entertained. It's win win.

BoosterDuck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was fine the movie Sonic's design except he needed fangs

but of course everyone seems determined in ruining Sonic

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Ok if they got Tyson Hesse to help redesign him it's going to look great. Sorry lazy trolls who want everything Sonic to be catastrophically terrible.

There's probably only so much they'll be able to do (proportions will likely have to stay similar in order to keep the rigging intact) but they should be able to fix the face, hands and eyes relatively easily. Too much to ask for to give his shoes the white stripe rather than just have him running around in plain red sneakers?

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So they went full steam ahead against Sega's opinion on the design, then they were 'with the fans' once they realized it was a disaster and wouldn't sell tickets.

No mention of the choice of music in the trailer.....