• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
I know it's summer and hot, but it's always
"the fans"
"for the fans"
"to please the fans"
"s–t hit the fan, [...]The fans have a voice in this too." (the guy threw feces at the fan, of course the fan was going to be vocal about it)
cannot they just say people who liked the games ?
I am not that
6v95gg3t.jpg

Yeah.. sorry... all for that one joke...
it's late :)

Back to subject...Sonic and humans don't mix well to me... i find it very poor to have sonic in human world, i would have preferred they made a full animation movie... so not only a redesign of Sonic, but complete rework of the fundamentals, the fuck up is more profound.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
What if this is a super troll to get attention?

Tim Miller directed Deadpool, is a CG artist himself and has worked on videogames included Mass Effect 2...
He claims to be a nerd/geek himself and is in tune with this stuff.

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why did they think they needed to change Sonic's design for the film in the first place, to the point where Sega themselves would have been displeased? Makes no sense.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Okayyyyyyy so they're fixing the design.
What about the rest of the movie? Like the script, the cheese, the Dr. Strange portals, and almost everything else?

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I just don't know how you don't get it right the first time. Sonic has been around forever.
By not believing in the material in the first place, which I'm sure the directors and creative talents did (Marza Animation Planet - Sega's own CG house - is doing the CG for the movie and they've been working on the CG cutscenes for the games since Sonic Riders Zero Gravity, including that one Unleashed intro everyone loves), but the producers most likely did not.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I was honestly only intrested for the cringe. Even with a normal character design it looks like trash

Sidenote: I'm convinced Tim Miller wasnt the reason deadpool was good

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
By not believing in the material in the first place, which I'm sure the directors and creative talents did (Marza Animation Planet - Sega's own CG house - is doing the CG for the movie and they've been working on the CG cutscenes for the games since Sonic Riders Zero Gravity, including that one Unleashed intro everyone loves), but the producers most likely did not.
Every time I watch that clip it makes me wish they just did a CG animated feature set in Sonic's world even more. No ugly-ass redesigns, no cheesy and overdone "a cartoon character gets transported to the REAL WORLD" plot (hi Smurfs, hi Rocky & Bullwinkle), just a straight Sonic story in the universe.

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
end credits scene:
Cyclops: What about escalation?
Sonic: Escalation?
Cyclops: We made a movie about you, they made memes, we redesign you, they call the plot ridiculous
Sonic: And?
Cyclops: And you're wearing red shoes, and dodging missiles off rooftops. Take this guy, cool shades, leather jacket, skateboard. Got a taste for the theatrical, like you. Leaves a calling card.
Sonic: (Sees a helmet) I'll look into it.

RV0vNaw.jpg

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
No good redesign will fix that blah concept of a live-action Sonic movie that should have been shit-canned back into the 90's.

Back to subject...Sonic and humans don't mix well to me... i find it very poor to have sonic in human world, i would have preferred they made a full animation movie... so not only a redesign of Sonic, but complete rework of the fundamentals, the fuck up is more profound.

Sonic mixed will with humans in Sonic Unleashed. Though, those humans were as cartoony as Eggman and none of them were saddled with a bad buddy-cop plot.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
Listen.

There's not a single person who thinks this will be good.

it's going to be a train wreck.

The best part will be Jim Carey absolutely hamming it up, but it's going to be an awful film... and it'll be perfect for that reason.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Humans in sonic have always been kinda awful. Even gerald and maria two humans peolple to like are very stilted and weird. Humans work best when you don't try and force them in the fore front and let the characters be themselves and they are just kind of a narrative means to an end. Like Proffesor Pickle in sonic unleashed. This movie isn't doing anything like that though

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
kids will get their parents to take them to see whatever animated dreck is in theaters tho.

i dont think they should have bowed to 'fan' pressure anyway
That strategy hasn't worked in a long time. In fact with rare exceptions kids films don't preform nearly as well as they once did which is makes the existence of this movie all the more questionable.