• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
This video review has been discussed in other threads, but it deserves its own thread, because it's fantastic review.

As Twitch and Youtube influence gaming media, standard reviews are something just won't cut it anymore. Obviously, this review is a bit different. It's an excellent game and its being reviewed by a series fan. I've read Tim Roger's stuff for years and I think he's a bit hit or miss, with more misses, but he shines here.

It's a whopping 36 minutes. Well it is Tim Rogers lol. His written work is similarly structured.

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
It's a work of love. Watched this and finally unterstood what the deal about DQ is.

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Tim Rogers is great. This review even convinced me - someone who had no previous interest in the Dragon Quest franchise - to buy the game.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
I'm not even that into Dragon Quest, but I watched that review and he pretty much sold me on the game. It's excellent, both in content and style.

...but I'd still be waiting for the Switch version, if I did decide to buy it, and probably used.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Agreed. I was already sold on the game, but I can see this winning me over if I weren't.

Raxious

Oct 27, 2017
Yea, this review caused me to buy it. So far (only two hours in), I'm loving it.

Status
Not open for further replies.