• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
It's bullshit that in the year 2019, this has to be said. And it's even more bullshit that there are people out there, rallying against Tim and his message.

I might go buy a Double Fine game for this double fine man.

Novel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As someone that received a shit ton of abuse from his fanbase for a very politically and racially-pointed tweet, I wish I could. Instead I just get more and more angry every time I see his name.

Ah, well fuck. Sorry that happened.
I get that feeling. Lots of these fucks abuse a lot of people.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
How is this controversial?? What is wrong with people, holy cow.
We need more of this healthy and effecient public shaming, these mayonesse heads should have no place to be taken seriously.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
We need more of this healthy and effecient public shaming, these mayonesse heads should have no place to be taken seriously.
Because people fucking suck. On Reddit and other forums most of the comments were:

"ALL racial supremacy is bad, not just white supremacy"

"Why did he mention white supremacy instead of black / Latino / Muslim supremacy?"

"Wow, if this was aimed at another group the reaction would've been very different"

"I'm tired of the white male being constantly attacked in today's western society"

And so on

Terra Firma

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish him all the success in the world. Something so uncontroversial, yet the Nazis and Nazi-adjacents are having an aneurysm over this and having fits of whataboutism.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Tim has been one of my design heroes and was one of the reasons I wanted to get into making games. He continues to be an inspiration.

free_bubble

Oct 27, 2017
Because people fucking suck. On Reddit and other forums most of the comments were:

"Why did he mention white supremacy instead of black / Latino / Muslim supremacy?"

"Wow, if this was aimed at another group the reaction would've been very different"

"I'm tired of the white male being constantly attacked in today's western society"

And so on

I refuse to believe these are things that were said, anywhere, by anyone. How lacking in basic knowledge, history, and common sense do you have to be to say something so fucking stupid?

Tim Schafer continues to be the man.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I actually laughed at this being controversial, dear lord we live in a clusterfuck.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Hah, happy to see people talk about Tim Schafer for a while. It often goes unsaid, but Tim Schafer is among the greatest gaming industry legends. I wish people worshipped the ground under his feet like they do with Kojima or Druckmann. He deserves it.

BlakeofT

Oct 30, 2017
The only part of it that I consider offensive is the explicit language, not that it bothers me. If it's the sentiment that "white supremacy is bad" that is controversial, that's just sad.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well It's good that some people with shitty beliefs are are upset over this. Hopefully seeing someone who's work they like speaking out against white supremacy will help begin to sway their views.

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
The only part of it that I consider offensive is the explicit language, not that it bothers me. If it's the sentiment that "white supremacy is bad" that is controversial, that's just sad.

Considering how much some people have been whining about it, he was quite right about this being controversial. A lot of people saying he is no different from racists for not calling out "all supremacists".

Smh

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People saying this isn't controversial really haven't been paying attention. Meanwhile, Era is the only place I can post about videogames without being subjected to severe racism, misogyny, and tons of other isms and ogynys. And even here, I see a lot of couched and veiled statements. Just enough for plausible deniability. But these people know what they're doing.

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
TheQuartering is the last person who should be calling someone else "sweaty and moronic"
So.. is he saying he is a white supremacist..?

And so on
Hey man, the muslim supremacy is a real deal in the United States!

The victim complex is also pretty hilarious.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone even remotely upset about this statement needs to take good hard look at themselves.

BrandoBoySP

Oct 27, 2017
As much as I distrust him as a developer after how Double Fine squandered their Kickstarter funds, Schafer's games have a lot of charm to them, and he's a huge figure in the industry. I'm glad he said this publicly.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
As much as I distrust him as a developer after how Double Fine squandered their Kickstarter funds, Schafer's games have a lot of charm to them, and he's a huge figure in the industry. I'm glad he said this publicly.

Not that it matters for the topic here, but no funds were squandered. Everything promised in the kickstarter, and more, was delivered to backers.

KingLear

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even see how this is something you have to be careful stating. They're just as stereotypical a bad guy as nazis and basically any other drug toting bad people gang in movies. Good on Tim though.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I refuse to believe these are things that were said, anywhere, by anyone. How lacking in basic knowledge, history, and common sense do you have to be to say something so fucking stupid?
The fragility of the people who constantly state that SJWs are snowflakes is something that can't be understated. As well as the lack of self awareness/critical thinking skills. The biggest thing is their inability to do anything resembling introspection. You know what's funny is the attempt at self awareness by them, they're self proclaimed shitlords. When that really just means that they're an awkward loser in real life and have no identity and compensate for that online by doing everything in their power to be a piece of shit "for the lols." Like these motherfuckers are so bland and boring at the end of the day. All the same breed of awkward loser turned toxic piece of shit who spend day in and out constantly offended at the notion that actions have consequences and that other people can feel empathy. 🙄