• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
oh man that's a huge loss
doesn't sound like he's retiring though so... where is he going

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
That's kinda surprising. I wonder, Willits or wontits affect id's future in a negative way?

Oct 30, 2017
great run, best of luck for what's next. early id days were a huge part of how i got into games in the first place, and tim's name was always kicking around.

Wojo

Oct 28, 2017
Buffalo
Best of luck to Tim. He used to be my level design idol back when I was 19 making Quake and Quake 2 levels in the late 90s!

Wojo

Oct 28, 2017
Buffalo
Best of luck to Tim. He used to be my level design idol back when I was 19 making Quake and Quake 2 levels in the late 90s!

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Damn, 24 years. Good stuff. Interested to see what he does next. Probably Google.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
Joining Retro Studios as Game Director for Metroid Prime 4...

I joke, but it wouldn't shock me if some of the people Retro hire end up coming from id since they fairly close by each other, and Retro's OG staff had a good chunk of id and Iguana departures.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
It's sad and amazing to see what has happened to id over the last twenty years. Who could've thought it would be like this back in Quake era? One of the main 3D powerhouses, now a part of Bethesda studios, with almost everyone from the 90s gone to greener pastures. Well, at least their tech is still great, even if it's completely Bethesda exclusive now.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wow, guy has been around forever. I think he was one of the guys I saw wandering the halls of Quakecon way back in 2003 in Mesquite. I'm sure with folks like Hugo and the rest of the Doom team around id Software will be just fine for now.

It's sad and amazing to see what has happened to id over the last twenty years. Who could've thought it would be like this back in Quake era? One of the main 3D powerhouses, now a part of Bethesda studios, with almost everyone from the 90s gone to greener pastures. Well, at least their tech is still great, even if it's completely Bethesda exclusive now.

I think Doom 2016 is arguably one of their best games ever. They certainly had a slump in the 2000s but they still never released a bad game imo. I still feel pretty confident in their future and where they are. Can't expect them to release something as revolutionary as OG Doom again. I think I'm just happy to still see them around making awesome stuff.

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Hey at least their games are still good

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Damn leaving after 24 years. Must've been a really hard decision. Good luck to him in his future endeavors.

Wojo

Oct 28, 2017
Buffalo

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Hey at least their games are still good

Right? Wasn't RAGE the last project much of the core id team worked on? I mean, I enjoyed it, but the lukewarm reception it got coupled with the leaked stuff from the canceled version of DOOM 4 didn't give me a ton of confidence in their games moving forward. Whatever happened to give us the id we have today may have ultimately been for the best.