• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I saw a boomer wearing a t-shirt of face that wasn't mocking. The size of the print went from collar to bottom. She's clearly had an influence across generational gaps. She's such a great pick

Oct 26, 2017
UK
It's hilarious how many hardened old school masculine men turn into crybaby snowflakes when a girl says some reasonable things about climate change. Whinging about how she doesn't deserve a platform when that fact they're grown ass men verbally attacking an autistic teen for saying things back by science which kinda suggests they're the ones exploiting platforms they don't deserve.

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017
Should she be pissed a bunch a trees are going to be chopped down to put her likeness on a magazine cover?

mister-gotcha-4-9faefa.png

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Strong choice and I admire her positive influence throughout the globe.

*sigh* You can tell she's doing good with the amount of ""controversy"" she causes.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
I think people also forget that Time's person of the year: "profiles a person, a group, an idea, or an object that "for better or for worse... has done the most to influence the events of the year"

it's (at least technically) not an endorsement. Trump and Putin have been on the cover as well.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great pick. She inspires so many people around the world. Urgent change is needed.

I have to wonder if she's okay with how they print and distribute 26 million copies of Time magazine weekly.

Does she chastise them in the article for not being a completely digital publication?

Hey i missed Nephte's terrible shitposts.

Oh wait, i really didn't.

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
No one deserves it more, yet they still shouldn't have done it. This goes against everything Greta stands for.

Wrong :
" Wow, this is unbelievable! I share this great honour with everyone in the #FridaysForFuture movement and climate activists everywhere. "
- Greta Thunberg

I have to wonder if she's okay with how they print and distribute 26 million copies of Time magazine weekly.

Does she chastise them in the article for not being a completely digital publication?

Classic diversion attempt failure.

Browser

Apr 13, 2019

Man its like this one person mobilizes millions potentially to be aware of the dangers of climate change at a govt and corporate scale, but people dismiss anything she says because she has AC . Its insane.

Dude you can live within a system, specially one forced upon the society you live in, and be critical of it, or want to dismantle it. ItS not that difficult to wrap our heads around that concept

Tuppen

Nov 28, 2017
It's a good pick. She really went from nowhere to a global phenomenon in such a short time.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
The trees used for paper production come from tree farms that are heavily regulated.

She'd have a bigger issue with the chemicals used to bleach/coat the stock and the trucks used to deliver it.
Yep. Not only that, they come from working forests that literally wouldn't exist without a market to support them.

(Obviously anyone is welcome to have a huge problem with that system, but that's the reality for this issue of Time.)

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
Man its like this one person mobilizes millions potentially to be aware of the dangers of climate change at a govt and corporate scale, but people dismiss anything she says because she has AC . Its insane.

Dude you can live within a system, specially one forced upon the society you live in, and be critical of it, or want to dismantle it. ItS not that difficult to wrap our heads around that concept

What are you even talking about?
I've never been anything but supportive of Greta Thunberg.

She's about the only climate activist that actually practices what she preaches. I wish more people who claim to care about the environment would follow her example instead of only giving lip service to caring about climate change. Go back to threads like where she was going to cross the ocean on a sailboat instead of a plane to go to the UN climate summit, I gave her major props.

Have you lived by a papermill?
I cannot honestly imagine Greta Thunberg sitting outside of a papermill as it spits out tons of emissions you can see and smell for an issue of Time Magazine and her thinking "this is okay".

Can you?

Last edited:

Virtua Saturn

Oct 27, 2017
I'll take it just to make the average Fox News watcher mad but I would say no one has had a bigger impact this year than the Hong Kong protestors.

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
Holy fuck @ the concern trolling over this. She even went on to use this to elevate another cause. Get over yourselves.
Wrong :
" Wow, this is unbelievable! I share this great honour with everyone in the #FridaysForFuture movement and climate activists everywhere. "
- Greta Thunberg

Classic diversion attempt failure.

Even 16 year olds can't survive idiotic purity tests it seems.

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
What are you even talking about?
I've never been anything but supportive of Greta Thunberg.

She's about the only climate activist that actually practices what she preaches. I wish more people who claim to care about the environment would follow her example instead of only giving lip service to caring about climate change. Go back to threads like where she was going to cross the ocean on a sailboat instead of a plane to go to the UN climate summit, I gave her major props.

I cannot honestly imagine Greta Thunberg sitting outside of a papermill as it spits out tons of emissions you can see and smell for an issue of Time Magazine and her thinking "this is okay".

Can you?
Yeah, i read your comment as a criticism, so im glad I read that wrong.

and my point is, its ok for her, or anyone, to not live 100% what she preaches, because its next to impossible. to ask 7 billion people to be 100% energy conscientious is unrealistic, we can all do what we can to decrease our impact as much as we can, and its god she has the means to do more than others, and we can bring awareness of govts and companies that affect the climate at a massive scale. Thats where real, quick change lies, not by holding individuals to unrealistic standards, and shifting the blame. Thats what i like about her.

SixPointEight

Oct 28, 2017
Me logging in to twitter: "Why is hitler trending"
Me looking at why: "Oh but of course".

People comparing Greta to Hitler due to her award

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017

Can you?

It's not a matter of being "okay with it." It's basically this:

gmOoFyG9k5GMgINq5i-6gu7ATTs=.gif

Getting the message out, whether it's paper or electronic devices, has pros and cons. I'm sure she's smart enough to understand the trade off.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
For those who have concerns about trees and paper, isn't there an upswing of people reading magazines digitally?

With Apple News+, I get all of these Time magazines.