• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/rumor-has-it.388028/

... there will be "rain" in the next update

My usual trustworthy source (so actually no rumor...), couldn't say if it was going to be dynamic or just "wet surface"...

I still believe dynamic isn't in the cards, so my guess is we'll see new tracks (looking at Nations and Manus timetable I expect 2...) with wet surface scenarios.

Apparently Polyphony mentioned to several people just recently and it already got leaked

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
*deletes games* - *downloads GT Sport*

Rain on me. I wonder how many tracks will support rain. Will it be limited to certain tracks?

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like we are seeing live updates to the development of GT7. Which is fine by me.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if GT7 is basically built off of GTS but for the PS5 with all the bells and whistles.

Yup that's what I'm saying. Use GTS as content delivery and focus testing features, along with building tracks and cars, and then release a full fledged GT on ps5 (really preferably cross gen)

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
I doubt it'll be dynamic weather because the PS4 Pro would produce lethal levels of noise of they tried it.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
I wouldn't be surprised if GT7 is basically built off of GTS but for the PS5 with all the bells and whistles.
I seriously hope so. There's no excuse, no excuse at all for Sony and PD not to have some kind of GT game built off of GT Sport ready day one when PS5 releases, with ludicrous graphics and features like rain and flexible time of day (like GT5 had) back with avengeance. It's so obvious and achievable, they just have to..

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Have they updated the physical discs? The launch edition probably has around 50% of the current content on it anymore.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Given that PS5 will have the same type of architecture as PS4 compared to the constant changeover between previous generations, it's going to make GT7's development a lot easier I reckon and it will be a beast.

That being said, why would PD try to hide the existence of rain as a feature in a racing game?

Oct 25, 2017
Can't imagine it being dynamic, in fact I'm expecting wet tracks instead of rain.

You'd hope it'd be dynamic rain, thunder and lightning, water pooling, dry line, etc. The wet track surface was present back in the beta and in the full game moddable across all tarmac tracks, if they've wasted all this time working on static wet tracks then you've just gotta once again laugh at this joke of a studio.

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
I'm much more interested in the simulation aspect than if it's going to be dynamic or fixed. GT5 and 6 rain simulation was just a 60% grip reduction overall and it will be really disappointing if that's the case again. But PD is killing it with Sport so I have faith.

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
No racing game should launch without a dynamic weather/time of day option nowadays. Especially any game that uses the GT name. Hope it is dynamic and not just 'some tracks only' bullshit. LOVED how Driveclub looked in the wet/night racing.

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

PD said the same about 5 and 6 being the base for PS4 GT, look how that turned out. GT Sport is actually a really good game now after numerous updates, but the incompetence of PD knows no bounds.

Next gen GT will come years after PS5 launch and with minimal content.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Because it wasn't ready. Simple eh?
The game came out almost 2 years ago, no need to be sarcastic.

PD said the same about 5 and 6 being the base for PS4 GT, look how that turned out. GT Sport is actually a really good game now after numerous updates, but the incompetence of PD knows no bounds.

Next gen GT will come years after PS5 launch and with minimal content.

There is a huge contrast to crunching games and releasing them before they are ready to Polyphony Digital and their progress. I have no idea why they are allowed so much freedom. It's like they have no project manager.