• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikke

Oct 28, 2017
People saying "but those dances exist before fortnite" are ignoring the fact that the reason those players are doing those dances are specifically because of Fortnite. Fortnite's a monster of a game.
This. I was reminded of how big this game is when I heard an interview with a German player on the radio the other day and he said he was glad his headphones arrived from home (apparently he forgot them or something) because he can now play Fortnite with the other players. Then the interviewer asked about Fortnite and the player said that it's pretty much all they play when they aren't training.

Dranakin

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone have actual video of the celebration? The first link just loads a blank black box on my phone, and the other two are spammy websites with pictures, but no video.

Randam

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
People saying "but those dances exist before fortnite" are ignoring the fact that the reason those players are doing those dances are specifically because of Fortnite. Fortnite's a monster of a game.
A lot of those dances aren't that old yet.
They were still popular when they were introduced to fortnite and are still now.
This isn't the twist.

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017

This. And it's well known that the England players have been playing Fortnite a lot. Dele Alli was even streaming on Twitch a few weeks ago.

The hate for Fortnite is funny though.

Last edited:

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
'Fortnite isn't doing so well..we could try to put a battle royale mode in, see if we can get a few new players, maybe a small following to keep it going for a lil while longer."

Fast forward to today and I can only imagine how everybody at Epic is still shitting themselves in shock over how big this has gotten.

OP
OP

Deleted member 21996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone have actual video of the celebration? The first link just loads a blank black box on my phone, and the other two are spammy websites with pictures, but no video.

Apologies on the first link, figured it would work for our US friends. Will update OP when decent video footage emerges.

Edit: Gif now added

The other two links are short articles. Remember the paint is still drying on this one.

Turns out Deli Alli has also been streaming his Fortnite matches with Kane and Maguire:

**WARNING: Daily Fail link incoming**

http://www./sport/esports/article-5...i-play-Fortnite-Harry-Kane-Harry-Maguire.html

Last edited:

Gnorman

Banned
Jan 14, 2018
Why are people being so anal and arguing that it's not a Fortnite dance? He did it BECAUSE of Fortnite and 99% of people that recognise it will be because of Fortnite. Where it originated is irrelevant at this point like it or not.

bshock

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I always feel like I'm missing out on some cultural phenomenon by disliking Fortnite.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
was hoping for

GregariousFirmEkaltadeta-size_restricted.gif

Oct 25, 2017
It's a terrible game, it's ok to dislike it. It's still cool to see gaming have an effect on others facets of entertainment and sports though.
You must have never played a terrible game in your life if Fortnite is terrible. Terrible is Superman 64, not fortnite. But you can all continue to be extra salty about it while epic cries all the way to the bank.

Nov 1, 2017
Can we all just take a moment to reflect on how and what Fortnite actually was when it launched and how absolutely massive it has gotten after coming and going with little fanfare in its initial Save The World focused package.

Dec 23, 2017
Watched my kids ply this yesterday for about and hour. I just don't get how it is so popular. The most boring this I watched in a long time.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Football Player: "Yeah I did the dance from Fortnite because I play the game regularly..."

Resetera Member: *Pushes up glasses* "...Actually..."

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Can we all just take a moment to reflect on how and what Fortnite actually was when it launched and how absolutely massive it has gotten after coming and going with little fanfare in its initial Save The World focused package.
It is crazy to think it was some tower defence game stuck in development hell for years, that eventually released with the force of a weak fart, only to than get a new mode and blew up into one of the biggest I.Ps in the history of the industry. They caught absolutely everyone with their pants down.

Kenjovani

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I was catching 40 winks on the sofa this afternoon when i was woken by an eardrum-bursting scream. What happened? Did England score again? Well, yes they did, but it wasn't Lingard's goal that excited my son so much. It was his celebration. "He just did the Fortnite dance!"

379234.jpg

Have we ever seen a video game penetrate the market on such a grand scale? Global audiences don't come any bigger than the World Cup and Epic had just profited from the kind of free advertisement no amount of cash can ever buy.

I see it's making the news already.

https://www.foxsports.com/soccer/video/1262848579807
http://www./sport/esports/article-5...es-England-World-Cup-goal-Fortnite-dance.html
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...ration-Fortnite-England-Panama-sportgalleries

And this is just the start. I wouldn't be surprised to see more Fortnite-style goal celebrations in the later rounds, and imagine this, the final. Epic must be rubbing their hands with glee...

That actually wasnt the first time it was done in futbol/soccer (forgot what team but the person tht scored the goal did the loser dance lol) and Fortnite dances have also been done in MLB Baseball games and all the commentators on twitter knew what it was. Fortnite has indeed taken over and is the most popular game presently.

KnightimeX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fidgit spinners were also super popular.
It's just a fad.
This won't last much longer.
I just don't see the lasting appeal outside of it being "new" so to speak.
Search and Destroy has been a thing for a while now.
Nobody liked it. Now it's all the rage.
For the moment...

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of surprised other major developers are so cautious to explore the free to play model.

R dott B

Oct 27, 2017
"The Fortnite dance" smh vultures.

I need to go find my eyes because they rolled out of my head.

breakfuss

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Watched my kids ply this yesterday for about and hour. I just don't get how it is so popular. The most boring this I watched in a long time.

Hahaha I guess we're getting old, man. I have tried and tried and can never last more than one match at a time. I do not understand it either but I'm happy that its brought the studio massive success.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
this dance in particular?
eh don't think so.

Irrelevant. These people are doing it because of Fortnite.
Can you prove it?
Lingard does every popular dance, regardless of video games.
And this dance is popular. (I actually didn't know it was in fortnite until a week ago, but I knew the dance)

if it was teenagers in the stands sure yeah.

omg why is scrubs doing the fortnite dance. the game didn't even exist yet.
Fortnite transcends time and space.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017

I suggest playing it. I thought the same thing until I actually tried it.

"The Fortnite dance" smh vultures.

I need to go find my eyes because they rolled out of my head.

Dancer: I made this.

Epic games: You made this?

Also Epic games: I made this.

TemplaerDude

Oct 25, 2017
I remember being younger and hating popular things because they were popular.

What a waste of time that is.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
I always feel like I'm missing out on some cultural phenomenon by disliking Fortnite.

I felt the same way when I didn't care about League of Legends. Literally all of my friends were playing it but I tried it and immediately thought "I want to go play Dawn of War Soulstorm now".

Status
Not open for further replies.