• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Reven Wolf

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
All the games listed are really great! I do wish Divinity Original Sin 2 was on the list though.

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Divinity OS2 and Nier Automata were robbed.

Honestly, still a good list though. Been a strong year.

Cinemikel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The GOAT baby

tenor.gif

Another GOTY award

Some good other selections as well

Reven Wolf

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I really do think this year was so packed with great games that in a top ten something will invariably get left out.

Cripterion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can agree with the this.
Nintendo and Sony killing it basically. Destiny 2 doesn't belong in that list though.

Ebenezer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't think I had heard but a peep here and there about Edith Finch until this week with Black Friday sales and now I'm hearing it everywhere. Is it really that good? I assumed it was a walking simulator. Is there actual gameplay like puzzles etc.?

Rozart

Oct 28, 2017
Really solid list! I do think a lot of the GOTY picks will come down to BoTW vs Odyssey.

(And Zelda is of course going to come out on top).

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sad Nier ain't there, but What Remains of Edith Finch being that high puts a big smile on my face.

It's a fantastic game.

Wibblewozzer

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
I was looking forward to Time's list this year as they tend to always have two or three smaller, "random" games you wouldn't expect to see on a larger publication's top ten list. A little surprised how big most everything is they have this year. What Remains of Edith Finch is easily the outlier. Cuphead has sold over a million so can't really say that's a smaller release.

Still, a great list of games. I may not care for all of them by my personal tastes, but I can recognize that they made solid choices for the whole list.

Icarus

Oct 26, 2017
Swap out Destiny 2 for Nier Automata and I would agree with the list of games on show there. I'm not personally a fan of PUBG but I can respect the fact a lot of folk like it.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
The lack of Nier does indeed suck but it's hard to pinpoint a reason why one of these games shouldn't be on the list. It's just been a really good year.

Deleted member 1839

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah no.....the fact that Nier and Divinity isn't there ain't gonna fly with me. Though I guess that's expected with how everything is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Dunban

Oct 28, 2017
Nintendo bias strikes again!

For real, though, knock M+R and Destiny off and give the spots to NieR and Divinity.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Get Destiny 2 out of there, add in Prey, and move Horizon lower, then it'd be a perfect list

Deleted member 22585

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
Good picks, while I would obviously have a different list. Mario and Rabbids above Horizon Zero Dawn though? That's surprising.

Rozart

Oct 28, 2017
Nintendo bias strikes again!

For real, though, knock M+R and Destiny off and give the spots to NieR and Divinity.

I'm honestly pretty surprised at how Divinity 2 seems to be flying completely under the radar. Hopefully, it'll get more recognition from other publications.

Oct 28, 2017
Good picks. I'd say that this year was one of the best years in gaming by far since some GOTY-tier games weren't on the list (e.g. Nier Automata, Nioh, etc).

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Destiny 2 has no place there. The Destiny community don't even like it all that much, past a week or two.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
I love when we get these types of lists before the year is even over. So will Xenoblade 2 for example have a shot for their best 2018 game or how does this work?

Oct 27, 2017
Of the games listed, I really only care for Breath of the Wild, Persona 5, and Horizon, although I don't necessarily think the other games listed are bad by any means.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Besides Destiny 2 that is a good list, would have personally replaced it with Divinity Original Sin 2.