• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
I'll try to keep this short.

I redownloaded Tinder on a hunch the other day. Matched with a woman and starting chatting with her. We exchanged numbers and continued chats via text. It was fun, except this woman expected attention 24/7. If her text goes unanswered for two minutes (literally, sometimes even less), she starts going nuts and asking if I'm ignoring her. If I don't text her for a couple hours (e.g. because god forbid I'm reading my current book or playing some game), she sends a text along the lines of, "You're ignoring me. Are you chatting with another girl?"

This happened more times than I care to mention, all over the past 72 hours (we started chatting Wedesday).

The final straw hit today when my cousins were over in my house and we were watching a movie together. She texted, again, saying that I was ignoring her. I explained that I had guests over and was spending time with them. She responded by calling me a liar and told me not to text her again because I was "playing games" with her. Accusations out of nowhere, completely and utterly out of the blue.

The problem is, this woman isn't 14 or 20. She's 35--several years older than me, in fact.

I am still blown away that people can get so insecure about themselves. I wish there was more to it, but that's literally all there is to it. That's exactly how it all went down. I was called a liar, a cheater, and blocked because I dared to spend time with family and friends and pursue my hobbies.

This is going to take me a while to process. I'd heard all about being insecure and clingy, but this was another level entirely. I uninstalled Tinder and don't think I will be reinstalling any time soon. That was a mistake not to be repeated.

Last edited:

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
There are people who can be insane like this yes. I learned quick to avoid such people.

Plenty of not clingy people out there too.

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like she did you a favor.

I wouldn't let it affect how I see every woman, though. Reinstall that app and shoot your shot.

Doodlebug

Oct 25, 2017
Some people need different levels of tending to throughout the day. Did you go out on a date with her? How long were you talking? If she's this needy before any of the aforementioned happened, then there is no reason to continue contact.

Also, some people have been through shit. If you aren't the savior type and this kind of neediness isn't your thing, all the power to you.

LiquidDom

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I met my current GF (and hopefully future wife) on Tinder a few years ago and she wasn't clingy like that at all. That person you were talking to seems a little unhinged and I probably would have ended that as soon as she started accusing you of ignoring her.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Yep - consider yourself lucky that you saw it this early, as opposed to months or years into the relationship.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
Sometimes red flags are big and bright and visible from miles away.

Edit: beaten by seconds. Kudos.

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn. If she's already this crazy now, imagine being in a relationship with her.

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
she probably got cheated on in the past or something like that, or just has zero relationship (or human interaction in general) experience.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Also lmao shes on damn tinder of course she should automatically expect the person talking to them is also talking to other women. It's literally how the app was made. It doesn't lock you out or anything. I mean she's probably the same.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
One thing that I can say is consistently true about people as a group is that insecurity is not an issue that is fixed with age.

Oct 27, 2017
She could be going through something / recently had a bad experience or something, can't imagine how a person as insecure as that would function in any kind of dating / relationship.

It's good that you bailed this soon though.

Bulletzen

Oct 30, 2017
she probably got cheated on in the past or something like that, or just has zero relationship (or human interaction in general) experience.
This is a very real scenario. I've experienced some dates in the past who were like this and that was the main reason for their insecurities.
The first time it happened a lot of reassurance was needed from me to her that I wasn't like her ex. That constant reassurance got tiring though and the relationship took a bizarre power dynamic where she was a student and I was a teacher? Weird to explain. Anyway it was draining for me, so that got nixed! She was a little stronger after the relationship....but fuck me! Draining!
Second time that happened I could see it going down the same road so I finished that too. Early!

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
Yes, some do. Some people are...special.

I just snapped at someone basically stalking me with "oh, can we be together already, no, I'm too fat to meet you, when do we finally have sex, use your medical knowledge to help me with x problem, no, I can't have sex I'm too fat, OMG, why are YOU so ambivalent" crap recently. Known her for three years, in between longer girlfriends, I mean, at some point get.professional.help. if you have body dysmorphia, an eating disorder and likely bipolar personality disorder. Stop bumming me out with your problems, I'm not your personal psychatrist. I'm not anyone's psychiatrist, we met in an ER for crying out loud. For the first time I don't actually want to help someone anymore, let alone date.

Responding to this thread because I've reinstalled Tinder, too, but after that crazy nurse and a meeting a very nice med student who from texting is really, really into me, BUT first went on vacation (ok) and now has to "take care of some things" in another city (err) and find a new place (ok) instead of taking literally one hour out of her schedule to meet...I'm just done with actually chatting there and just use it as an ego boost seeing the likes climb. Too exhausted to match, let alone actually try and seriously engage someone. Bummer, a few seemed really nice, but I guess the bad apples spoiled that for me.