• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
EBIilUFS0KCyAjmcA22Qm3orbHVePVrCkK6HY1NUVIEIdISM.jpg

https://opencritic.com/game/12353/tiny-tinas-wonderlands

IGN

8/10
Tiny Tina's Wonderlands is a fantasy-themed Borderlands spin-off that's hilarious, action-packed, and ridiculous, even if it plays it a bit safe.
Read full review

PC Gamer

70 / 100

Better than Borderlands 3, but not quite reaching the heights of Borderlands 2 at its best.
Read full review

Eurogamer

No Recommendation

Despite an endearing commitment to its relentlessly positive tone, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands almost feels designed by a dice roll.
Read full review

Quick and dirty thread.

doops.

Jun 3, 2020
A sentiment I keep hearing is that it is to Borderlands 3 what Blood Dragon was to Far Cry 3, and really that's all I needed to hear.

Oct 27, 2017

Edit: The Game Informer review was a 9.5/10 which is on the high end, he also gave Dying Light 2 the same score which was also on the high end for that game too. Just interesting to see how certain genres just click more with individuals.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2019
Does anyone know about the length of the game? I always figured this was just a full game like all the other Borderlands games but people mentioning price and stuff got me second guessing. Especially now with comparisons to Blood Dragon which actually was just a DLC.

BL2 and 3 were also full price and I honestly don't remember anyone really complaining about the pricetag but in the hype thread and even in here I already have seen people complain about the price for this one.

stormfire

Nov 26, 2018
Does anyone know about the length of the game? I always figured this was just a full game like all the other Borderlands games but people mentioning price and stuff got me second guessing. Especially now with comparisons to Blood Dragon which actually was just a DLC.

BL2 and 3 were also full price and I honestly don't remember anyone really complaining about the pricetag but in the hype thread and even in here I already have seen people complain about the price for this one.
Gamesradar says main story is about 25-30 hours
www.gamesradar.com

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands review: "An entertaining and silly mix of fantasy and shooting"

To fully get into the mindset of what it's like to play Tiny Tina's Wonderlands you're going to have to understand that it's the kind of game where you'll be using a magical a

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How annoying are the characters?
The one-shot Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep was night and day from the mainline Borderlands games. Genuinely funny, great gameplay twists and jokes from the characters, heartfelt moments at the right time, etc. hopefully this one is more of the same

A sentiment I keep hearing is that it is to Borderlands 3 what Blood Dragon was to Far Cry 3, and really that's all I needed to hear.
This is also what the Dragon's Keep DLC was to Borderlands 2. It was great, even superior imo.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Destructiod 8/10
Tiny Tina's Wonderlands is more Borderlands, and the lighter fantasy fare might actually get people to dive in for the first time. With that in mind, it's still more Borderlands, so the same basic formula isn't going to magically change your stance if you're a lapsed fan.

Gamespot 7/10
Tiny Tina's Wonderlands retreads the same mechanical and narrative ground as Borderlands 3, ultimately creating a chapter in the franchise that's fun but forgettable.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Game kinda feels lowkey. Was there just not much marketing? If I wouldnt be a BL fan I probably wouldnt know it exists.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
i mean, the game didnt hide it or anything, but i continue to be disappointed that the guns are just... well, guns. I was fine with that in the bl2 dlc but I wish they had more setting-appropiate weapon designs here.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
The one-shot Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep was night and day from the mainline Borderlands games. Genuinely funny, great gameplay twists and jokes from the characters, heartfelt moments at the right time, etc. hopefully this one is more of the same
Ending broke my heart, it was so well done

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Feb 15, 2019
Gamesradar says main story is about 25-30 hours
www.gamesradar.com

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands review: "An entertaining and silly mix of fantasy and shooting"

To fully get into the mindset of what it's like to play Tiny Tina's Wonderlands you're going to have to understand that it's the kind of game where you'll be using a magical a

That sounds pretty inline with the rest of them. I assume this works similarly with True Vault Hunter Mode unlocked at the end of normal again?

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I don't understand these responses to this incredibly innocuous tweet lol

He's just saying it seems he liked the game more than most, and that he's fine with it?

I don't know about the others, but I posted that because I didn't understand who that was, because that tweet was posted with no context lol. I also thought the wording was odd. 'I'll keep loving games I guess,' seems to imply everyone else reviewing it doesn't love games or something. I imagine that wasn't the intention, but odd wording

Mar 11, 2020

He's just saying it seems he liked the game more than most, and that he's fine with it?
It's insinuating anyone that scored under him just doesn't love games. It's putting down ever having a criticism and kinda condescending.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
tina_tinas_wonderalnds_review_7.jpg

This picture just doesn't do it for me:

- "Cheesy Pick-Up"...damn, that's some low humour.
- Why is there an Overworld in Borderlands?
- Plus, the part in the Review saying "Tiny Tina's Wonderlands takes place on a number of local maps, which are within bigger regional maps, which are within a big overworld map that also has another map depicting that."...sounds very disjointing.

I just fell off the Bandwagon in Borderlands 2 and each one I see just doesn't inspire me back enough, which is a shame as I loved the first two.

Apr 3, 2020
It's insinuating anyone that scored under him just doesn't love games. It's putting down ever having a criticism and kinda condescending.
Its how I felt Renier comes off alot when he talks about his reviews vs others. When I use to watch Replay he always kind of came off as the why doesnt people love games as much as me type. To each there own but he does come off condescending but he is just one reviewer of many.

Bovandy

Aug 15, 2019

It comes off to me like he's claiming people who don't give as high review scores as him don't "love games"

In other words, it's sorta douchey

doops.

Jun 3, 2020
This picture just doesn't do it for me:

- "Cheesy Pick-Up"...damn, that's some low humour.
- Why is there an Overworld in Borderlands?
- Plus, the part in the Review saying "Tiny Tina's Wonderlands takes place on a number of local maps, which are within bigger regional maps, which are within a big overworld map that also has another map depicting that."...sounds very disjointing.

I just fell off the Bandwagon in Borderlands 2 and each one I see just doesn't inspire me back enough, which is a shame as I loved the first two.

I don't really see how 'cheesy pick-up' is any worse than any of the jokes in Borderlands 2. Also, the overworld is supposed to be representative of the game board and the figures moving to each location. Also it's a fantasy RPG so it's just for fun either way.

warcrow

Oct 30, 2017
So, am I correct in that you can get two pets? I love having pets in games I imagine you can use the Grave warden and then pull in the skill from another pet class later on?

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
If the gameplay is as fun as BL3's and the characters are toned down compared to BL3, that's all I need to hear. Looking forward to playing it!

Feb 15, 2019
So, am I correct in that you can get two pets? I love having pets in games I imagine you can use the Grave warden and then pull in the skill from another pet class later on?

Yes, passives from multiclasses are shared so after you unlock multiclasses, you can pick a subclass that also has a pet and have two pets. Grave Warden for example also has a skill that summons another companion, so you could technically have more than 2 pets active.

EVA UNIT 01

Oct 27, 2017
CA
Guns feel just like 3?
Or better?
3 was a big step up from 2

The characters being less annoying is a major selling point lol

Hyperfludd

Oct 27, 2017
I forgot 2K is one of the pubs pushing the $70 game thing. I love borderlands but that makes asking 2 friends to buy it along with me tougher..

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Edit: The Game Informer review was a 9.5/10 which is on the high end, he also gave Dying Light 2 the same score which was also on the high end for that game too. Just interesting to see how certain genres just click more with individuals.

Is he implying that people who give lower scores don't like video games?