• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Wozman23

Wozman23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pico Rivera, CA
An alternative is to use SVGs. Can either be with no background or with but allows for both mobile and desktop width versions and native (non image based) text. Can't detect external stylesheets when embedded in img tags (eg: if the dark or light theme is active) but with the right text colors can provide an equal look for all themes.

I posted an overview of this in the OT OT topic. The Distance OT is the first to utilize such methods that I made to also serve as an example of some of the possibilities. Can be much simpler though, as a lot of the code in my case is accounting for browser differences.

This is a good tip since the forum's stylesheet usually overrides most attempts to create custom colored links.

This makes my attempts at great OTs look like pictures from your kid that you put on the refrigerator.

Thanks for this. Apparently I need to learn what an SVG is and how to utilize the format, because that OT looks extremely clean and crisp.

Hm, is anyone getting an error trying to preview their post or save changes?

It's asking me to do a captcha, then drags me to a JSON screen with just piles of code. I wonder if I broke something.

KeSHwMx.png

Upon further testing I've reason to believe it may be due to the number of images. :::think:::

I was getting that a few weeks back with a couple of my OTs, and most of mine are image heavy, so that might be the culprit. If I recall correctly, some of the times the CAPTCHA wouldn't appear at all or I'd just be taken to a page with a bunch of text where I couldn't edit. I was actually fighting some nasty browser pop-ups that I got from who-knows-where at the time, so I just figured that was the cause.

Last edited:

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
I was getting that a few weeks back with a couple of my OTs, and most of mine are image heavy, so that might be the culprit. If I recall correctly, some of the times the CAPTCHA would appear or I'd just be taken to a page with a bunch of text where I couldn't edit. I was actually fighting some nasty browser pop-ups that I got from who-knows-where at the time, so I just figured that was the cause.

It wasn't tripping last week when I was building everything up. But, I did some testing and deleted an entire section (roughly 12 images and a few paragraphs) and it no longer seems to be tripping whatever cloudflare thing. So, I think you're right. The culprit is the images, but I suspect it's a mixture of the images + BBcode + text alongside whatever cloudflare previously had now being lower/limited? I guess you gotta break a few things to know the limits! Once I'm done with my changes I'll see if I can do a count on how many images and what sizes they are and use that as a soft cap for future works.

Coreda

SVG Wizard
Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for this. Apparently I need to learn what an SVG is and how to utilize the format, because that OT looks extremely clean and crisp.

I'm thinking some time I might put together some examples/templates so people can dip their toes into it. As I'd imagine if some were to peek into the SVGs I made for that OT they might be see the lengthy vector paths near the beginning or embedded raster images and nope out but both those are auto generated and without them and any extraneous parts it's a tad clearer to understand.

On the crisp aspect, a neat thing you can do with SVG is apply an edge rendering with effectively no visible anti-aliasing to an element as it scales up/down (actually named crispEdges), retaining sharp edges on screen at all times, probably most apparent in the intro animation logos and section heading underlines. Obviously with no visual anti-aliasing applied it's more suited to rectangular shapes than curved/angled but it's a nice thing to have.

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm not getting the error after reducing my image count from 88~ish to 74. Looks like the upper limit is somewhere around 75~80. I wasn't going over the 30k character limit, so it seems like it's just a limit on images embedded. Initially I thought it was the number of things linking off site but links don't seem to factor into this.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wozman23

Wozman23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pico Rivera, CA
So I'm not getting the error after reducing my image count from 88~ish to 74. Looks like the upper limit is somewhere around 75~80. I wasn't going over the 30k character limit, so it seems like it's just a limit on images embedded. Initially I thought it was the number of things linking off site but links don't seem to factor into this.

My image counts are never that high so there must be more to it than just that. It think it happened in both my Guacamelee and Donut County OTs. Neither of them are image heavy, but they do have a lot of characters due to the extra HTML tags from me playing around with text and link colors.

Last edited:

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
My image counts are never that high so there must be more to it than just that. It think it happened in both my Guacamelee and Donut County OTs. Neither of them are image heavy, but they do have a lot of characters due to the extra HTML tags from me playing around with text and link colors.

Hm, think it's overall size that could be tripping Cloudflare up?

Francesco

Nov 22, 2017
Taking some space to test out my AC OT.
Any advice is welcome!

Assassin's Creed Odyssey |OT|
Ἄνδρα ἢ γυναῖκα μοι ἔννεπε, Μοῦσα

pk3Rc0e.gif

EJRbJcN.jpg

V8STpon.jpg

AAhz7yn.jpg

YAaGVKL.jpg

WaKRZQ7.jpg

d5uVEfJ.jpg

2TWVAri.jpg

IDjZgOS.jpg

UdWBrMf.jpg

MaODo9K.jpg

Last edited:

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
FAQ
  • Is the game still a buggy mess?
    • Many bugs have been addressed, and Wastelanders is said to be the biggest patch up to date. Disconnects are also much more rare now. Having said that, yes, the game is buggy and you should mentally prepare yourself to experience bugs and glitches. Most game-breaking bugs have been addressed, however. Your mileage may vary, as always.
  • Do I need a Fallout 1st subscription to play Wastelanders (or any other locked content)?
    • No. Fallout 1st let's you play on a private world, but all Wastelanders content is free for everyone. Additionally, Wastelanders is using new instancing technology -- this means that certain areas of the game will be exclusive to your character, disabling intervention from other players and allowing you to make your own decisions and explore the new game elements at your own pace. For instance, NPCs that you kill will be dead to you and your party, but not to other players (who will be in their own exclusive instanced-scenario).
  • Can I play this solo?
    • Yes. Aside from Vault raids, all content can be completed solo. All Wastelanders content can be completed by a lone wanderer.
  • Is there a level cap for Wastelanders?
    • There is. At some point early in the questline, you will need to reach level 20 to continue further. Leveling up is fast in this game, so it shouldn't take you more than a few hours. Completing other quests and events is the fastest method to level up some.
  • What happened to the original main quest?
    • It's still there -- Wastelanders doesn't replace the original main quest, it just continues it (though you don't have to play the original main quest to access Wastelanders). The original main quest has been overhauled to take advantage of the new dialogue system and instancing.
  • Is there still a community for this game?
    • Surprisingly yes. A very active community can be found on reddit (r/fo76).
  • Is this title similar to other Bethesda Game Studios' games that I've liked, such as Skyrim or Fallout 4?
    • Yes. Even more so with the addition of NPCs. The world is huge and detailed, packed with emergent gameplay moments, things to see and quests to participate in. NPCs won't just inhabit towns and hubs, they can also be found on random encounters, caves, outposts, patrols, etc. Think of them as you would with any other Bethesda open world. They have been integrated into the world, not just added to it.
  • How much for the game?
    • Fallout 76 is $39.99 on all platforms, Steam included. Physical versions for PS4 and Xbox One are dirt cheap and will be updated to the Wastelanders version for free once installed in your console. If you owned Fallout 76 on the Bethesda launcher before the Steam launch, you will be gifted a free Steam key for the whole game.

Last edited:

Lozange

Oct 25, 2017
k2haU2l.png

Release Date: December 18th 2018 (Vita), TBA (PC)
Developer: Karin Entertainment
Publisher: XSEEDGames
Platforms: Vita, PC
Price: $29.99/€29.99/£24.99

So uh, what is this?
London Detective Mysteria is an otome visual novel in which you romance a bunch of cute detective boys whilst doing detective things in Victorian London.

So is it like Ace Attorney/Danganronpa/Insert other popular murder mystery visual novel here?
Not really? It's first and foremost an otome game. It would be a disservice to the novel to describe the detective angle as window dressing, it's a major selling point, but at the same time if you're not vaguely interested in the dating aspect this might not be for you.

...That being said, there are finger pointing sprites, which is really all you need.

DmwgfRvUwAAfKA-.jpg:large

Then what is the detective aspect all about?
Basically, a bunch of the characters in the game are based on/related to famous characters in detective fiction. You have Jack the Ripper, Lupin Jr., and of course, the one, the only....
Herlock Holmes. (Look it up)
And a bunch of other famous weirdos!

...Anything actually related to the plot?
Our protagonist has been nominated for a detective school by the Queen of England herself. But beyond cute boys, she has a goal - to find out the secret behind her parents' mysterious deaths. Will she find out the truth? Will she find and seduce best boy? Who even is best boy? So many questions.

THE CAST:
mysteria_icon_01.jpg

Lady Whitley (Emily Whitley by default)
Romanceable?
She's the protagonist!
"A young heiress who has been raised by her dearest butler since she was a small girl. Upon her debut into high society, she receives a letter of recommendation from the Queen of England to a famed school for detectives. Her moments of brilliance are paired with a rare depth of sincerity, and she uses both in her new life at Harrington Academy, working at a relentless pace towards the truth behind her mother and father's peculiar deaths."

mysteria_icon_02.jpg

Herlock Holmes
Romanceable?
Yes.
"The son of London's most legendary detective. He takes after his father in many ways—his superior intellect being one, and his stubbornness being another. Herlock's proclivity for getting in the last word and mockery of others can grate on those around him, and though he is quite clever, he himself is unaware of the extent of his behaviour.

As he is a man of logic and reason, he disapproves of Lady Whiteley's more intuition-based approach, and he has no issue voicing as much."

mysteria_icon_03.jpg

William H. Watson
Romanceable?
Yes.
"The son of Doctor John Watson. Watson is a man of action, often jumping headfirst into a situation no matter the danger. This would normally be a cause for concern, but his reputable physical strength helps to counterbalance any difficulties that might come his way. He's also quite experienced in playing the sweetener to Holmes's bitterness, and because they have a nigh-unbreakable bond of trust, that's just fine by him.

He takes a liking to the heroine from the day they first meet, and he's always more than happy to help her."

mysteria_icon_04.jpg

Jean Lupin
Romanceable?
Yes.
"By day he's a meek, dangerously clumsy student by the name John Lupine, but by night, he assumes his true identity: Jean Lupin, Gentleman Thief. He revels in stealing countless treasures and has done well to live up to the master that his father is and more. Though pretentious once the sun goes down and the mask comes off, he does seem to be a man of good character at heart.

He also enjoys toying with Lady Whiteley as much as he enjoys thievery, and she has yet to decide if the pretty words he spouts upon their meetings ring false or true."

mysteria_icon_05.jpg

Jack Millers
Romanceable?
Yes.
"A man of two sides like Lupin Jr., and yet not a man of two faces, for he remains withdrawn no matter the situation. His mannerisms and background as an East Ender have created a natural barrier with his schoolmates, who all perceive him as different—unfortunate, as there could be those nearby who would sooner think him misunderstood.

Or it could be he isn't misunderstood at all; though his identity remains unknown, he is none other than the Ripper who terrorises London's streets. What brings him to commit these atrocities? Curiosity may grant answers, but it may also lead to Lady Whiteley's downfall."

mysteria_icon_06.jpg

Kenichirou Akechi
Romanceable?
Yes.
"An exchange student and a brilliant detective in his own right, even if he has yet to reach the same heights as Holmes Jr. Though he is strict towards others, he is no-less strict towards himself, immediately taking up the position of class representative to further his studies whilst keeping a watchful eye over his schoolmates' behaviour.

To strive for betterment in both body and mind is the ultimate goal for him; yet he has still lived a sheltered life, having had no significant experience with women, and as such is oftentimes at a loss when interacting with them."

mysteria_icon_07.jpg

Seiji Kobayashi
Romanceable?
No.
"A government-sponsored exchange student and assistant to Akechi. Kobayashi's a doer before he is a thinker, though this does not mean he is lacking academically. He is fascinated by the endless wonders of London, studying its technology and culture with a hungry energy. Thankfully, his friendly nature allows him to adapt well to any situation this new world presents him.

As his name implies, he is connected to a certain well-known boy detective."

mysteria_icon_08.jpg

Sara Marple
Romanceable? No.
"A fellow schoolmate who attends Harrington Academy with Lady Whiteley. Marple carries an air of dollish refinement upon first sight—and upon second, an air of someone completely unaware of how odd she is to the people around her. She is blunt with grace, helpful as she is critical, and worldly in intelligence yet constantly off in her own world. There is no questioning her passion for tea and snacks, however. To her, nothing ever good comes from being hungry, and a fellow appreciator of a fine lunch is a friend for life.

She adores her grandmother, a well-known detective in her own right, and often speaks of their life together in the countryside."

mysteria_icon_09.jpg

Abigail Hudson
Romanceable?
No.
"The official loud-and-proud landlady of a series of flats along Baker Street, including Holmes Jr. and Watson Jr.'s shared flat. Her unusually young age in conjunction with her role may leave some sceptical, but their worries would be short-lived after meeting her; she takes all her duties seriously, happily cleaning, cooking meals, and handling the accounts for her tenants daily. She also treats them like family—particularly the boy detectives, to whom she feels an almost motherly affection towards.

She admires those in the investigative field so much that she volunteers to become Lady Whiteley's assistant, boasting her capabilities from the rooftops to ensure she is the one and only candidate for the position."

mysteria_icon_10.jpg

Ralph Pendleton
Romanceable?
No.
"Lady Whiteley's loyal butler who guards and attends to her every need at the behest of her deceased parents. He preys on his master's naivete with frequent teasing and exaggerated scenarios of horror, but his desire to protect her is sincere due to something that happened in the past."

...And many more!

Media:
gallery_s_01.jpg

gallery_s_03.jpg

gallery_s_11.jpg

Trailer:

Opening:

Links:
The official English website:
http://www.ladymysteria.com/
(Features character information, some localisation blogs, and other goodies)
PC store pages: To be updated when the game's actually out on PC.

Reviews:
https://www.heypoorplayer.com/2018/12/18/london-detective-mysteria-review-vita/
Just because I have yet to mention it, I'll say it here: London Detective Mysteria officially marks XSEED Games' foray into the otome VN territory. And, wouldn't you know it, in true XSEED fashion, they've knocked it out of the park — so much so, that even someone like me had no trouble enjoying it! So, whether you're already otome-crazy, looking to find your first-ever husbando, or just really like British culture in anime form, London Detective Mysteria is a very solid choice, and a game which I would very much recommend to those interested.

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2018/12/18/london-detective-mysteria-review-vita/#/slide/1
My feelings about London Detective Mysteria are as mixed as what the game tries to be. It's not the best or the worst otome I've ever played, and most of the romance routes are rather sweet. Getting there, especially for completionists, is a beating and never feels fully worth it, but when you see the lovely couple finally come together, you can't help but feel warm and squishy inside. With the Vita dying off, I want to say pick this one up now to support this poor handheld, but it's better to wait for a sale. I'm sure one will come around Valentine's Day.

Q&A:
Is the localisation any good?

The London Detective Mysteria localisation was headed by Brittany Avery, aka Hatsuu of Trails/Kiseki fame! If you've played the later games in that series especially, you'll know that there's nothing to worry about in all likelihood.
...And if you haven't, know that MANY works of detective fiction have apparently been read to accurately localise all of the characters correctly.

Is there a demo?
Yes!...On Vita.

When's the PC release?
I wish I knew. Follow XSEED's twitter and hope for the best.

No but really, who is best boy?
The protagonist's butler Ralph Pendleton? He was pretty cool in the demo. I assume it's him.

Special Thanks:
Karin Entertainment and XSEED for making and localising this game respectively. As well as for a lot of information and images in this OT that I slightly borrowed from the official website.
The FalcomERA Discord for being awesome. You guys rule.
And everyone else for not going for this OT, because if someone else had made it I never would.

(Thanks for the place to test out OTs, it's appreciated)

Last edited:

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Clearing away space until I decide to make something else.

Last edited:

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
xdz1hDb.png

M3LhRx5.png

Release dates:
  • NA and EU: 5 February 2019
  • JP: 2 August 2018
Developer and publisher: Atlus
Platform: Nintendo 3DS
Prices:
  • NA: $39.99
  • EU: £34.99
  • JP: ¥6,998
  • Preordering in NA gets you a Launch Edition which includes a character pin, an art book, and a collector's box. Same price as the standard edition.
DLC:
  • Every class portrait in the series history is available as DLC, plus some bonus portraits taken from box arts. Link to a huge image showing every portrait.
  • Pricing is yet to be announced, but in Japan it was free for a short time after the game launched.
  • Here's the full DLC spec:
    - Inventor's Experience (triple EXP accesory)
    - Inventor's Fortune (100% material drop rate accessory)
    - EO 1&2 Portraits
    - EO 3 Portraits
    - EO 4 Portraitsa
    - EO 5 Portraits
    - New Adventurers (10th anniversary portraits)
    - PROJECT Re FANTASY (portraits from said games artist)
    - Hero Class Bikini Armor (toggle option)

jk9eSol.png

• The latest game in the Etrian Odyssey series, dungeon crawling RPGs known for letting you draw your own map (trust me, it's fun!)
  • Nexux is a celebration of the series history, featuring new and returning content.
  • 18 returning classes and 1 new class: Hero!
  • Subclassing and the Force Boost/Break system return from previous games!
  • New and returning NPCs, monsters, and dungeon themes.
  • All new floor layouts. The most floors of any game in the series!
6tKa4tq.jpg
USCBAAV.jpg
mGoFCei.jpg
9skh71g.png

• The classes in the game are Hero, Protector, Survivalist, Medic, Ronin, War Magus, Gunner, Zodiac, Farmer, Ninja, Sovereign Shogun, Nightseeker, Landsknecht, Arcanist, Imperial, Highlander, Harbinger, Pugilist. Here's an image (apologies for Japanese):
ignAja4.png

LPJCcr2.png

IwzGGQh.png

TD4MrDS.png

• Q: I've never played an Etrian Odyssey game before, is this a good place to start?
    • A: Kind of. Etrian Odyssey games are very gameplay focused, so you're not going to be missing much storywise. That said, Nexus is meant to be a celebration of the series's history, so it contains a lot of references to past games. My personal recoomendation for newcomers is the previous game, Etrian Odyssey V (and that has a demo on the eShop with progress transfer!).
  • Q: Does Nexus have a demo?
    • A: No.
  • Q: I've heard Etrian Odyssey games are difficult. Should I be worried?
    • A: There are a variety of difficulty settings available, so difficulty shouldn't be a concern. Also, it's a very player friendly-game: checkpoints are frequent and the punishment for failure is never harsh. You can take the game at your own pace!
  • Q: Is there voice acting?
    • A: Every version has Japanese voice acting only.
  • Q: Can you change your characters' skin, hair, and eye colors?
    • A: You can for all portraits in the the base game. You cannot for the DLC portraits, except for the ones from Etrian Odyssey V.

Last edited:

hersheyfan

Oct 25, 2017
Manila, Philippines
Rune-Factory-4-Splash-Page.jpg

A game originally developed by
Neverland-Logo.png

Release Date:
July 25th, 2019 (JP)
February 25th, 2020 (US)
February 28th, 2020 (EU)

Platform: Nintendo Switch
Genre: Farming / Action RPG
Price: $39.99 (Digital, Standard Edition), $59.99 (Archival Edition)
Published by Xseed Games (WW), Marvelous AQL (JP)

Install size:
Digital: 5.2GB
Physical (as of patch version 1.01): 45.2 MB

Purchase links:
Nintendo eShop, Amazon, XSeed Games

[Please excuse me if the OT looks a little simple, I threw this together in a couple of hours after I saw no one else claimed it a day before release.]
For the benefit of those of us just joining the RF4 community for the first time, let's use spoiler tags where needed!

Header-History-Lesson.png

Rune Factory is an offshoot series of the popular Harvest Moon series of farming games, with a larger focus on combat and fantasy elements. With installments across several platforms (Rune Factory 1, 2 & 3 for the Nintendo DS, Rune Factory Frontier for the Wii, Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny for the PS3/Wii, and most recently Rune Factory 4 for the Nintendo 3DS), the series had built up an appreciative niche fanbase who loved its particular off-kilter take on the farming genre. As you can see in the timeline below, Neverland really managed to create a ridiculous number of series installments within a relatively short amount of time.

Rune-Factory-Series-Timeline.jpg

Unfortunately, long time Rune Factory series developer Neverland Co. ended up going bankrupt in November 2013 (the month after RF4's US release), and while the developers were ultimately absorbed into Marvelous AQL, fans were understandably worried about the future of the Rune Factory franchise. Thankfully, the 2/13/2019 Nintendo Direct assuaged those fears, confirming both a remastered re-release of Rune Factory 4 (a full 7 years after the original), and, incredibly, a full blown numbered sequel in Rune Factory 5. The first of those two announcements has come to pass, with the US release of Rune Factory 4 Special – we're about to find out if there's still a place for an OG like Rune Factory in a post-Stardew Valley world.

For a nice overview of the series in general, check out this Youtube video:
Why You Should Play Rune Factory

Header-So-Whats-New.png

So what's new in Rune Factory 4 Special (vs. the original 3DS version)?

1. A new opening movie!
  2. New story cutscenes that weren't in the initial release
  3. A tougher "Veteran" mode to challenge returning players
  4. A "Newlywed Mode", accessible from the title screen, essentially extra side stories you can engage in with each of the romanceable candidates after you've already managed to marry them in-game. Based on the trailers, these new sections appear to use Live2D to animate your spouse's conversation art.
  5. An "Another Episode" mode, also accessible from the title screen, that looks to be a bunch of supplemental voice drama/VN style content. As of this writing, only Ventuswill's Another Episode is unlocked, with the other twelve marriage candidates locked behind eShop DLC. XSeed has confirmed that just like the Japanese version, the DLC will be a free download for the first month after release.
  6. Dual audio support (also accessible via a toggle on the title screen)
  7. Significantly improved resolution (obviously, as this is a port of a 3DS game) and a much better framerate
  8. Language support for French and German
  9. Since the game is on the Switch now, you gain all the benefits that entails (you can play it on a home display, with a regular controller, or play on the go with a larger screen, better battery life, and a suspend function that isn't completely useless)
The Archival Edition (which goes for an additional 20 bucks) contains the following extra goodies:

Archival-Edition-s.jpg
A full-color, 162-page "Archival Book" with artwork from the Rune Factory games, plus exclusive promo and comic images. I flipped through the book for the purposes of making this FAQ, and as the cover page suggests its an art retrospective of all the Rune Factory games we've had up to this point (from the original Rune Factory's JP release in 2006 to the western release of RF4S in 2020) plus an additional annex of bonus promotional art. It has a nice slip case protecting the main book, and the paper quality is top notch.

Original soundtrack CD with 36 music tracks from the game. Sturdy cardboard sleeve, shrinkwrapped.

A download code for "Swimsuit Day" bonus content. As usual, its a small insert in the jewel case. I managed to redeem this off the eShop, and it apparently gives you a new Order that makes all the marriage characters parade around in swimsuits... so, uh, yeah. (NOTE: This is apparently also a preorder bonus for digital purchases.)

Header-About-the-Game.png

Pre-release gameplay summary videos of the Switch are pretty few and far between, so I used this video for now. It has a decent mix of the basic exploration, combat and farming gameplay of the NSW version. Having played a bit of the Switch version myself, the image quality is a huge step up from the 3DS version, and the framerate is very smooth with no drops.

So, for the series newcomer - how does it play? As much as I'm sure Marvelous loathes comparisons to Stardew Valley, it's the most likely point of reference most newbies will be coming in from due to said game's mainstream commercial success. After all, most Harvest Moon fans are already well aware of what the RF series is like by this point, and will already know whether its for them or not without needing to read this section.

Stardew-Valley.jpg

So to answer the question: if you're coming in from Stardew Valley and you liked it, will you like this?

It depends on what you like about SV's game design, frankly. SV is a lot more freeform, and lets you achieve success through whatever method you choose. SV is also much more focused on the farming side of things, with the end goal (aside from stocking the museum and the community center) is the optimization of your money stream, and building your farm the way you want it. Rune Factory 4 on the other hand has a much larger emphasis on fighting, exploration and skill development, and as a result has far more indepth combat and crafting mechanics; the game's farming component is still very strong, but it's not the be-all end-all it is in SV. It's also far more regimented.

There's a more structured plot in RF4, and the characters have a lot more to say in terms of pure dialogue; the characterization might not be as good depending on your tastes however, as RF's characters tend to lean towards the predictable, trope-y anime archetypes, while SV's are more realistic. SV also allows for same-sex relationships whereas RF4 does not.

One last note: time runs slower in RF4 vs. SDV. If the constant struggle to maximize your day wore on you over time in Stardew Valley, you'll appreciate Rune Factory 4's comparatively sedate pacing.

In the end, these are two significantly different approaches to the same farming genre. If you explicitly don't like lots of fighting mixed into your farming then you should definitely steer clear, but if you're open to an expansion of that aspect of the game I'd say give it a chance. You may just have found your new addiction.

Header-Cast-of-Characters.png

These character trailers do a much better job than I would of introducing you to the main romanceable cast, given my shit-tier image editing skills. It's also a convenient way to stop writing this OT because I am very tired right now.

Bachelorettes Trailer

Bachelors Trailer

Header-Reception.png

Metacritic
No average yet (2/24/2020)

[To be updated as the reviews roll in]

Last edited:

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
KM9pDGy.png

Initial release date: March 15, 2019
Mode(s): Multiplayer
Engine: Snowdrop
Publisher: Ubisoft
Developers: Massive Entertainment, Ubisoft Reflections, MORE
Platforms: PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows

Retail game editions (other than the Standard version)

Pre-order bonuses:
hPKqM96.jpg

Gold Edition: ($110)
LFZjpsW.jpg

The Gold Edition comes with the game itself, three-day early access to the game, and the Year 1 Pass. The Year 1 Pass gets you one-week early access to all free Year 1 episodes, exclusive customization items, additional activities, and more

Ultimate Edition: ($130)
8J6gX8F.jpg

The Ultimate Edition comes with the Year 1 Pass, three-day early access to the game, as well as a handful of digital add-ons: the Elite Agent Pack, Battleworn Secret Service Pack, and First Responder Pack. The add-ons include outfits, emotes, weapon skins, skill effects, and additional stash space. The physical version of the Ultimate Edition is exclusive to GameStop

Ubi Store Exclusives:

Dark Zone Collectors Edition: ($190)
R5n8FPa.jpg

This version includes everything in the Ultimate Edition, plus a 30cm-high figurine of Heather Ward, a book of lithographs, the game soundtrack, and a Washington, DC map packed together in a special box

Pheonix Shield Edition: ($250)
wiDg7A9.jpg

This edition comes with everything in the Ultimate Edition, plus an articulated figurine of Brian Johnson, a steelbook metal case (Ubisoft Store exclusive), a book of lithographs, the selected game soundtrack, and a Washington, DC map

DLC:
in The Division 2 three 'Episodes' of post-launch updates will be released every three months, and they will be free to all players.

PC Specs:
Minimum Requirements:
Windows 7,Windows 8,Windows 10
Processor:
AMD FX-6350 | Intel Core I5-2500K
Memory:
8 GB RAM
Graphics:
AMD Radeon R9 270 | Nvidia Geforce GTX 670
Disk Space:
2 GB available space
Direct X:
DirectX 11 | 12

Recommended Requirements:
Windows 7,Windows 8,Windows 10
Processor:
AMD Ryzen 5 1500X | Intel Core I7-4790
Memory:
8 GB RAM
Graphics:
AMD RX 480 | Nvidia Geforce GTX 970
Disk Space:
4 GB available space
Direct X:
DirectX 11 | 12

*not on Steam*

Story:
Lead a team of elite agents into a post-pandemic Washington D.C. to restore order and prevent the collapse of the city.
In the ruins of Washington, D.C., seven months after the bio attack that kicked off the events of the first game. That means it's set in the summer this time, rather than snowy Manhattan, and the world will be 20 percent larger than The Division 1. Instead of being surrounded by tall buildings, The Division 2 throws you into larger areas that feel much more like an open world.

The first game was set in the midst of a social collapse triggered by poisoned money, The Division 2 is set in a city trying to rebuild and recover. It's still pretty broken up, however, and plants and wildlife are reclaiming abandoned sectors.

You'll face off against a trio of factions:

Hyenas: drug-fueled chaos-revelers preying on the weak. True Sons: a militia who rule by brute force. The Outcasts' premise is intriguing: infected individuals were left in the city's makeshift encampments to die. Those that survived have banded together and are now out for vengeance.

A fourth faction, the Black Tusks, could pose the biggest threat. As well-equipped and organized as Division agents, this organization will be introduced as part of The Division 2's endgame, laying siege to city areas at random.

Game Modes:
Campaign
Take on The Division's most critical mission yet, where you'll tackle unprecedented dangers as you pull D.C. back from the brink.

CO-OP
Join your friends to take on the game's toughest missions. You'll need all the help you can get.

PvP
Sometimes even fellow agents can't be trusted. Take on other players and prove your combat proficiency.

Dark Zones
With three Dark Zone across Washington D.C., you'll be able to explore unique areas of the city that have been untouched for months. These mysterious, walled-off sections of D.C. offer a fair and intense Player vs. Environment vs. Player experience where anything can happen, and no one can be trusted.

Conflict
Prove your skills against other Division agents in a variety of different player versus player experiences on unique maps not seen anywhere else in The Division 2.

Skirmish details
- Go head to head against another team in the Division's take on classic Team Deathmatch

Domination details
- Capture locations to claim dominance against the other team in this objective based game mode

Skills
Each Agent will customize the tools and abilities they bring to the field, and the skills you hone in on will have a major impact on your—and the city's—chances of survival.

Assault Drone details
- An unmanned device that can be controlled remotely and sent to unleash a special brand of hell on unwitting enemies.

Chem Launcher details
-The Chem Launcher shoots various chemicals that disperse upon impact. Its effects vary, from explosive vapors and corrosive acids to repairing nano bots – choose wisely and neutralize any situation.

Hive details
- While primarily a defensive tool, the offensive version is called the "Wasp Hive," where small drones are launched to cause devastating effects to targets within an area

Seeker Mine details
Once activated, this mine locks onto the closest enemy target in range and rolls along the ground in their direction, detonating when it gets close enough.

Weapons and Gear:
When you're battling everything from warring factions to contamination zones and the elements, you need to make sure you're well prepared. The Division 2 offers fully customizable agents and gear. There is a variety of weapons, armor, and cosmetic options to find, plus more gear sets and exotic items available to high-level players. When you reach the end-game, unique specializations will allow you to further expand your arsenal and abilities

New Features from Division 1:
- new weapon archetypes (specialized crossbows, grenade launchers, and sniper rifles)
- enemies have access to new weapons and gadgets (freeze gun)
- call in NPC reinforcements
- four new gadgets
- 8-player raids
- clans

Endgame:
New specializations, game modes, and more, will keep Division agents active well beyond level 30.

Specializations:
Once you hit level 30 you can activate one of three specializations, which unlocks that specialization's signature weapon and new skills. The three specializations are:

Survivalist: This specialization lets you use crossbows. You can also "control your surroundings using traps and status effects."

Demolitionist: You get a grenade launcher, which you can use to blow enemies out of entrenched positions

Sharpshooter: This gives you access to sniper rifles which, well, you know what sniper rifles do.

You develop your specialization in endgame co-op missions

Other Endgame Features:
PvP
- Take on other players to prove your skills and earn powerful high-end gear.

Co-Opp Activities:
- brand-new missions that offer some of the greatest challenges the Division has faced yet.

Clans:
- Agents are more powerful together, so take advantage of new ways to not only play with, but connect with other players.

Evolving Endgame:
- New content will be added regularly to The Division 2 and players will have access to a full year of free story-driven missions, map expansions and new game features.

Media:
Screens:
gmC0tPs.jpg

6R9omPT.jpg

90UYyer.jpg

au3tHfW.jpg

xVsCdbZ.jpg

IVNk6x9.jpg

q8SWs98.jpg

Trailers:
Story Trailer
Multiplayer: Darkzone & Conflict Trailer
World Premier Gameplay
E3 2018 Trailer
Gamescom 2018 Trailer

Clans:
Clan Details for PC/PS4/XBox:

Discord:
Division Era discord link

Thread Reminders:
- Story? well, yeah.... no unmarked spoilers!
- Follow Era ToS
- Just be cool with everything.

Ya2atQt.jpg

Last edited:

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017
8aHnECf.jpg
Developer: Studio Saizensen
Publisher: Success (Japan), Nicalis (Western release)
Genre: Rubber Ring Action (Rubber-band Action)
Release Date: April 25th 2019 (Japan, Physical/Digital), April 30th 2019 (Hong Kong, Taiwan, Physical/Digital), July 9th 2019 (North America, Physical/Digital), July 9th 2019 (Rest of World, Digital)
Price: ¥5,800 excluding tax (Japan), $39.99 (US)
File size: 1.9GB
Language options:
- Published by Success: Japanese, English, Chinese (Simplified/Traditional)
- Published by Nicalis: English
Players: 1
Online: Yes - Leaderboards. (Nintendo Switch Online subscription not required)
DLC: Planned.

brFMxzX.jpg

Umihara Kawase Fresh! is the fourth title of the Umihara Kawase series (excluding ports and enhanced editions). Its genre is "Rubber Ring Action" although I'd like to describe it as a physics-based puzzle/platformer because you control a character who uses an elastic fishing line to swing across platforms and obstacles to get to the end of a stage in a non-linear fashion. However it is not as simple to play as it sounds.

The series moves into a new direction in Umihara Kawase Fresh! going from non-linear stage based progression to an interconnected map, similar to what you would find in a Metroidvania-style of game.

What this means is that you'll now do quests to progress in the game. Not much changes because you're still going from Point A to Point B to complete it.

With quests, this means you will now interact with NPCs in the game, a series first.

Instead of dying in one hit like in past games, you now have a health bar called Hunger. It's just a regular health bar, you lose health when you get hit. There is also a new Stamina bar which depletes based on your actions, all it will do is deplete health when it becomes empty.

This results in the implementation of food, cooking and currency in the game. You can scavenge for food from trees or enemies. Food can be eaten to recover Hunger and Stamina, you can also cook food anywhere which creates a dish. Dishes give you buffs such as half damage taken or higher jumping. Currency can be used to buy ingredients from the store in the main menu.

There are hidden items throughout the map so exploration is something you can do between quests. Camp sites can be used as checkpoints in the game. Also, you can travel underwater now which means there's a status bar for air.

Online Leaderboards are back, the Nintendo Switch Online subscription is not required to use it. Compete by completing time attack stages with the fastest time, records are separate for each character in the game.

You can play as other characters:
Each character in the game has a unique playstyle. Cotton, is a special guest character from Success's Cotton: Fantastic Night Dreams. She has the ability to ride her broomstick which allows her to fly.

Just like with Sayonara Umihara Kawase, I created a guide for Umihara Kawase Fresh! It is mainly to help newcomers understand some of the mechanics in the game to help you know how to get past difficult obstacles.

The guide is in video format, linked here:

There is also a number of videos released by Success that give some quick tips to beginners however, it is in Japanese so you'll only get a visual sense of what's going on but it's easy to follow:
Extending your hook
Scaling walls vertically
Crossing ceilings
Cooking
Pendulum Swing
Rocket Dash
Zero Gravity Jump
Reverse Cliff Grab²
Slope Dash

mN86du9.jpg

The following was posted by the @SUCCESS_Corp Twitter account when Umihara Kawase Fresh! debuted at Tokyo Game Show 2018.
Dnh1sj0VYAEhMSY

UaN7aFo.jpg

Plot:
When a young traveling chef named Kawase arrives in the frontier town of Kingness, she finds it to be a perfect real-life replica of a town that she used to dream of as a child. Intrigued, she takes a job as a delivery person and occasional chef for a local restaurant. Through exploration and conversations with the locals, Kawase gradually learns the history of the town, the mysterious castle that floats above it, the dangerous cavern that lurks below it and the unspeakable demons who have terrorized its residents.

Umihara Kawase:

GHY7mnS.jpg

A traveling Sushi Chef with her pink backpack and elastic fishing line in hand. In the last game she was known to be 20 years old. Umihara Kawase has a calm demeanor and looks up to no one. She can swallow pills without drinking water and dislikes poisonous mushrooms.

Cotton:

enLSFzy.jpg

Cotton is a special guest character from the shoot 'em up Cotton: Fantastic Night Dreams because the publisher of Umihara Kawase Fresh! is Success. If you are curious about the games Cotton is from then the following links are some gameplay videos.

Cotton: Fantastic Night Dreams (First appearance in 1991 for Arcades. Ported to: PC-Engine, X68000, PlayStation, Neo Geo Pocket Color)
Märchen Adventure Cotton 100% (First appearance in 1993 for Super Famicom. Ported to PlayStation.)
Panorama Cotton (First appearance in 1994 for Sega Mega Drive)
Cotton 2: Fantastic Night Dreams (First appearance in 1997 for Arcades. Ported to Sega Saturn)
Cotton: Boomerang (First appearance in 1998 for Arcades. Ported to Sega Saturn)
Rainbow Cotton (First appearance in 2000 for Sega Dreamcast)

Trivia: Cotton also appeared as a playable character in the Nintendo DS game Rondo of Swords developed by Success.

Ms. Silvy:

nrWlXhO.jpg

Ms. Silvy is the owner of the restaurant "Hunnyeim Home". She hires Umihara Kawase to deliver dishes to customers in Kingness.

"The Husband":

6oRDzPU.jpg

Ms. Silvy's husband, who she always brags about. His name is Gin. Looks like he's not at Hunnyeim Home right now...³

Queen:

BMKcw7e.jpg

The Queen who started "Kingness". Loving signs, in her heavenly castle in the sky she does around the clock research on them. That research has resulted in…⁴

7CcMMcb.jpg

Will this game be coming to other platforms?
Any decisions to port the game won't happen until after the game has released on Nintendo Switch, if it does get ported it may take up to 6 months of work. Source

Is there a demo of this game on the eShop?
Yes, you can play the demo by downloading the Japanese version from the eShop. You will need a Nintendo Account with region settings set to Japan and a Switch user profile linked to it to connect to the Japan region of the eShop. Warning: If you do not want Japanese Nintendo News in the News section of your Switch then do not follow any of these steps.

Where I can import the Japanese physical version of Umihara Kawase Fresh!?
Go to this link. The linked post will remind you of the differences between the Japanese and western versions regarding, price, availability and language options and then some import links for the Japanese version are listed.

I can't get past this obstacle, what do I do?
The Umihara Kawase series is known to have a high skill-curve which is why I made a video guide to help explain the mechanics of the game. The video is in the "Gameplay and Understanding the Traversal Mechanics" section of this OT. If you are still stuck, there is more than one way to get to the goal. So look around the map and see if there are any ceilings or walls that may provide a shortcut.

Is it true that Curly from Cave Story is coming to Umihara Kawase Fresh!?

Yes... I mean, No.

⁴Credit to KtSlime for the translation.

ItPcDio.jpg

The meaning of the title "Umihara Kawase" comes from Japanese chef terminology meaning "Fish from the sea have fat on their bellies, and fish from rivers have fat on their backs." In Japanese, this is pronounced "Umi no sakana wa hara ni, kawa no sakana wa se ni abura ga notteru." In this series, many fatty fish of the sea and rivers appear as enemy characters.¹

Note: Umi hara kawa se = Sea belly river back

The following is a quote from a USGamer interview of Kiyoshi Sakai:

"The reason I named the game that way, I was watching a travel program on TV, and that saying came up. It sounded really good in my ear, so that's why I named the game that way."

If you'd like to learn more about the origins of Umihara Kawase, here is the link to USGamer where they interview the creator: Kiyoshi Sakai.

There are two developers that are well known for their work on the Umihara Kawase series, Kiyoshi Sakai and Toshinobu Kondo. Kiyoshi Sakai is the creator, game designer and programmer behind the Umihara Kawase series, he came up with the physics-based platforming for Umihara Kawase by use of an elastic fishing line. Toshinobu Kondo is the illustrator and hence gave us the character design of Umihara Kawase. They have worked on every title in the series excluding Umihara Kawase Portable.

Disclaimer: The following historical information regarding TNN and XING may be inaccurate due to lack of verification.

Kiyoshi Sakai was coming up with concepts for a game to make back in the early 90s. He made the prototypes on a Sharp X680000. This quote from the USGamer interview is relevant:
Kiyoshi Sakai said:
"There was one game that I created, similar to Dig-Dug 2. And then there was another one that basically… there was a maze, and then you poured water into the maze and killed the enemies with the water that you poured. I prototyped out those two games as well. When I was thinking about them just as concepts, they seemed like really awesome ideas, but once I worked out the prototypes, they didn't turn out to be that interesting."
Here is a video of those two prototypes mentioned.

How he ended up deciding on making Umihara Kawase:
Kiyoshi Sakai said:
It's not that I had this exact idea at the beginning," he admits. "The main thing I wanted to do is create an action game that played really well. What I did is I logically thought that out -- what would make a good action game? While I was thinking through that, I decided that a wire action game would be what I wanted to create. After that, I prototyped a few games out, and Umihara Kawase was one of those prototypes. That's the one I ended up creating as a full game."
Here is footage of the prototype of Umihara Kawase he made on a Sharp X68000 back in 1992. If you read the USGamer interview it explains how he took the prototype to a friend at a development studio to see if a game could be made out of it. Sakai said the process didn't go smoothly and that it took more than two years for the game to release.

The first game in the series: Umihara Kawase released on December 23rd 1994 for the Super Famicom in Japan, developed by TNN (Think about Needs of Notice for Human Being) and published by NHK SC (NHK Service Center) which is a subsidiary of the television broadcaster NHK (a.k.a. Japan Broadcasting Corporation). There are 49 fields (stages) and this Super Famicom game allowed you to save replay data. You will not find this game in the top 30 charts from Famitsu Weekly back when it released but that didn't stop the game from having a cult following.

Picture is from Umihara Kawase on Steam
uKrOH4V.jpg

The second game in the series: Umihara Kawase Shun released on February 28th, 1997 for the Sony Playstation in Japan, published by XING and developed by Jackpot who were the development studio TNN but were bought out by Japan Clary Games. This sequel has a new artstyle with environmental objects in 3D, animated cutscenes and voice acting with in-game commercials.

Picture is from Umihara Kawase Shun Steam Edition
Ec6Jh7g.jpg

In September 1997, Studio Saizensen was founded by Toshinobu Kondo who is currently the President and CEO of the company. Establishing themselves as an independent developer studio, they would go on to release games such as Pounding Poyaccio (PS1), Shining Hearts (PSP), Glory of Heracles (Nintendo DS) and more.

After a number of ports and enhanced versions of Umihara Kawase Shun games…

On September 26th, 2012. News released that Studio Saizensen had acquired the rights to Umihara Kawase which allowed Studio Saizensen to release Umihara Kawase Shun: Second Edition on PSN.

For more proof of this, read the following quote from Toshinobu Kondo:
I have made a lot of games and designed a number of characters. But Umihara Kawase is one of the most loved character. I am so happy and really grateful to you all.

When game industry began, the rules of game copyrights were not really fixed and therefore Umihara Kawase had passed into several companies' processions. But since some years we "Studio Saizensen" have had back the copyright in hand. (it's like "my daughter who was leaving home for a long time came back finally"!) and now, we can make another Umihara Kawase as we like.

We will challenge to make "newly reborn" Umihara Kawase in the future. Mr. Sakai and I are keep working so hard for a new game, so please look forward to playing it!

The third game in the series: Sayonara Umihara Kawase released on June 20th, 2013 for the Nintendo 3DS in Japan, published by Agatsuma Entertainment and developed by Studio Saizensen. It features new playable characters and transitions from having 2D sprites to 3D characters. It would later become the first title in the series to release overseas.

Picture is from Sayonara Umihara Kawase+ on Steam.
faMqiQs.jpg

mssEqL8.jpg

Where can I play the other games in the series?
If you are looking to play Umihara Kawase, Umihara Kawase Shun and Sayonara Umihara Kawase. The easiest place to find those three games digitally is on Steam for PC. Here's the Steam link for the trilogy pack, you can also buy them separately.

If you don't have a PC, your options for digital games are limited. The Nintendo 3DS has the original Sayonara Umihara Kawase (Yumi's Odd Odyssey for the US because Natsume) on the eShop and the PS Vita has Sayonara Umihara Kawase+ on PSN.
Sayonara Umihara Kawase+ (PS Vita) comes with the original Umihara Kawase. To be able to play Umihara Kawase Shun Second Edition (PS1), you will need a Japanese PSN account to download the game on PS3/PSP/PS Vita. The link for it is here.

If you don't have any of the above then, if you own an Android Smartphone you can download Sayonara Umihara Kawase Smart (Click here). It is a port of Sayonara Umihara Kawase+ which is simplified by having replay and online leaderboard functions removed. It is highly recommended that you play the game using a "Bluetooth wireless controller or similar" because the touch controls are not good since the UI makes using jump + lure simultaneously an extremely difficult task (Sakai even made instructions for pairing your PS4 Dualshock Controller or Nintendo Switch Pro Controller to your phone). The first 10 stages of the game are free, you have to pay to play all 60 stages which is ¥450 or equivalent to the currency of your region (around $4). The game was ported by Kiyoshi Sakai under his studio called Sakai Game Development Factory, Sayonara Umihara Kawase Smart is licensed from Studio Saizensen.

If you're looking for physical copies of any of those games in the series, they can be much more difficult to find due to the fact being that this is a niche series that didn't come overseas until Sayonara Umihara Kawase on 3DS in 2014.

If you are still looking to import those other games in the series, I will list each game that had a physical release and you can go search on eBay and other resellers:

Umihara Kawase (Super Famicom, Nintendo DS*, PlayStation Vita**, Steam)
- Has 49 Fields (stages).
- Beware of region locking for the Super Famicom version.
- Steam release has additional features: Practice mode, online leaderboards, etc.

*Is an extra game included in Umihara Kawase Shun Second Edition Kanzenban for Nintendo DS
**Is an extra game included in Sayonara Umihara Kawase+ for PlayStation Vita.

Umihara Kawase Shun (PlayStation)
- Has 50 fields (stages)
- Only this game has in-game commercials.
- Beware of region locking.

Umihara Kawase Shun Second Edition (PlayStation)
- Has 53 fields (stages).
- This does not have in-game commercials.
- Beware of region locking.

Umihara Kawase Shun Second Edition Kazenban (Nintendo DS)
- Has 61 Fields (stages).
- It includes Umihara Kawase.
- This does not have in-game commercials.
- The Steam release of Umihara Kawase Shun is based off this version, has additional online features: Leaderboards, etc. (Does not include Umihara Kawase.)

Umihara Kawase Portable (PSP)
- Buyer beware, this is considered a bad port of Umihara Kawase Shun because it was handled by Rocket Studio which didn't involve Kiyoshi Sakai to handle any of the programming. It is said that the game is buggy and the physics are worse than the original game. The publisher was Marvelous Entertainment.

Sayonara Umihara Kawase (Nintendo 3DS)
- Has 50 Fields (stages).
- Physical release only in Japan, beware of region locking.

Sayonara Umihara Kawase Chirari/Sayonara Umihara Kawase+ (PlayStation Vita)
- Has 60 Fields (stages).
- Frame rate increased from 30FPS to 60FPS
- Enhanced graphics
- Includes Umihara Kawase
- Physical release only in Japan, PS Vita is region-free.
- The Steam release of Sayonara Umihara Kawase+ is based off this version. (Does not include Umihara Kawase)
- The Steam release of Umihara Kawase is based off this version, has additional online features: Leaderboards, etc. (Does not include Sayonara Umihara Kawase)

Sayonara Umihara Kawase++ (PlayStation Vita)
- Go to this link.

In what order should I play the games?
You can play the games in any order. My suggestion if 1) You are a newcomer and 2) You are wanting to play something now while waiting for the western release of Umihara Kawase Fresh! is to play the games backwards in order. Sayonara Umihara Kawase is the easiest game to start with because your stage progression doesn't reset to zero. Plus, just like the guide I made for Umihara Kawase Fresh! there is also one I made for Sayonara Umihara Kawase+ three years ago and solutions to every stage (in case you get stuck) which is in this playlist here.

Has Umihara Kawase appeared in any other games?

Yes. Umihara, her childhood friend Emiko and her time traveling cop descendant Noko are playable characters in the fighting game Blade Strangers (PS4/Switch/Steam) developed by Studio Saizensen, published by Nicalis.

Umihara Kawase is also going to be a playable character in the game Crystal Crisis (PS4/Switch). This is a game published and developed by Nicalis Inc. which plays like Capcom's Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo. Note that she is a guest character because this game is not developed by Studio Saizensen, it is featuring characters from Cave Story, Binding of Isaac and Black Jack (Tezuka) to name a few.

Where can I see the anime scene of Umihara Kawase Shun in full screen?
So assuming you've reached the score ranking screen, you'll see Umihara Kawase sitting down playing on a PS1 in front of a TV. (Yes, the PS1 is blurred out if you are playing any of the non-PlayStation versions of Umihara Kawase Shun).
The TV will show a small image of an anime scene going on, it's not possible to see the scene in full screen in-game however, there is a YouTube link showing it in full screen. Mind you it's low res.

Last edited:

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
5yUjFOO.gif

9RYEClq.png

This is a credit card. It can be a convenient, secure, profitable and rewarding tool for qualified users to enjoy.

Note: It will affect your credit history and making payments on time is paramount. Failure to meet minimum payments and due dates can cause long term damage to your financial qualifications of any category. Failure to pay balances in full upon initial due dates will also result in interest charges based on the balance carried to your next statement period.

ieopVcJ.png

5wKECkg.png
ZwYluZt.png

gQKaTCu.png
cPDdNJ5.png

FIek0xm.png
vx847Lu.png

fIBrcFg.png
abfaFex.png

Cx3WpGP.png

IZxPT2k.png
TsPFhaU.png

K2GK633.png

xCg6WaG.png

Apple Card home page
Apple Card - How it Works
Apple Card - Privacy and Security

Last edited:

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
0sfnZgV.png

Developer: Gust
Publisher: Tecmo Koei
Genre: Crafting Simulation / Turn-Based Role Playing Game
Platform: PS4, Switch, PC (Digital Only on all platforms)
Release Date: January 14th, 2020
Price: $39.99 ea. ($89.99 bundle price)
PC Specs:

Minimum:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Core i5 2.6GHz or better
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX660 or better,1280x720 (Graphic Memory 2GB or better)
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 17 GB available space
Sound Card: 16bit Stereo 48kHzWAVE

Recommended:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Core i7 3.4GHz over
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX960 or better, 1920x1080 (Graphic Memory 2GB or better)
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 17 GB available space
Sound Card: 16bit Stereo 48kHzWAVE

CWz1aab.png

The Deluxe (DX) versions of the games are remastered versions including most (but not all) DLC from previous entries. They take all the new features and content of the Vita (Plus) versions of the games along with a sizable chunk of downloadable content such as costumes, music, and more and roll it all into one package. Each of the games can be purchased separately, but there is a discount for buying all three (typically 25% discount).

Run / Sprint
The ability to run/sprint has been added into the game, allowing for faster traversal across fields. While it may seem minor, this can assist greatly when gathering across the larger maps and also help in escaping powerful enemies who seem hellbent on destroying you when all you're trying to do is pick some flowers.

Fast Forward (Battle)
Battles can be set to fast forward, allowing players to breeze through encounters that they typically have no trouble with or to assist with farming materials from particular creatures.

Plus Features
Costumes, accessories, bosses, difficulty modes, challenges, story expansions, and more are included in the Plus versions of the game. Additionally, new art albums, quality of life changes, and extra music has been included in the re-releases as well.
XspIMfo.png

Atelier Ayesha follows the story of an apothecary living in the outskirts, far removed from the general populace. Not too long ago, her little sister disappeared in the nearby ruins without a trace. After a fateful crossing of paths with the illustrious yet aloof Keith in the ruins, Ayesha becomes introduced to the art of alchemy and learns it may help her in the search for Nio.

EcTwjWM.png

Atelier Escha & Logy (see: eschatology) takes place four years after Ayesha to the west of the Twilight Land. The citizens of the land have started to re-ignite the art of alchemy to prevent the End of Dusk, an ominous black day looming in the worlds horizon. Escha and Logy are assigned to the same project, leading their fates to be linked as they seek to develop the town and learn the secrets of alchemy.
BgTQJAI.png

Atelier Shallie takes place ten years after Ayesha (and six after Escha & Logy). Follow Shallistera, the daughter of a chieftain, or Shallotte who runs her late father's atelier. The two embark on an adventure to discover the mysteries of Dusk and seek to learn more about the world and its decline.

2NEU5BB.png

Q. I've never played these games before. What are these games like?
A. These games are typically Slice of Life Crafting Sims mixed with JRPG elements. You spend a lot of time crafting, exploring, and battling. You're usually not going on an adventure to save the world or anything.

Can I start with this? Which one should I start with?
A. Dusk is its own trilogy, but Ayesha is the first entry. It's recommended to enter into the start of a trilogy/sub-series.

Q. I've only played Ryza, how is this trilogy different?
A. Ryza had no time limit or calendar system. The Dusk series has a light time limit and a notable calendar system with events happening on certain dates or specific scenes happening in certain days or seasons. However, Shallie has no time limit and is instead focused on tasks that need to be completed to continue on. Dusk also features a turn-based battle system.

Q. How often do these go on sale?
A. Atelier games don't often go on sale. There has been a 10% discount at launch on the Arland trilogy, a 25% bundle discount for the entire trilogy, and there was a sale recently on eShop and Steam.
PC users can utilize the Steam wishlist or IsThereAnyDeal.com to follow sales, though console may need to resort to following Koei Tecmo's twitter. Good times to look for sales are during seasonal and holiday times.

nThJF26.png

Thanks to Atelier friends in the OT, the lovely people at the Atelier wiki, and KT for finally giving into our screaming about Dusk ports/remasters.

Community OTs
Atelier Community Thread
RPG Community Thread

Atelier OTs
Atelier Arland Trilogy (Arland 1, 2, 3)
Atelier Lulua (Arland 4)
Nelke & The Legendary Alchemists (20th Anniversary Spinoff)
Atelier Lydie & Suelle (Mysterious 3)
Atelier Ryza (Newest entry, new sub-series/trilogy)

Last edited:

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
POKÉMON SWORD AND SHIELD OT
Text Version
1. GENERAL INFO

Developer: Game Freak
Publisher: Nintendo / TPC
Genre: RPG
Release Date: Nov.15.2019
Players: 1-4(Multiplayer)

2. Welcome to the Galar Region

During your adventure, you will be traveling through the Galar Region, where you will find many unique locations, such as huge grassy plains filled with nature and towns and cities where people and Pokémon work and live together!

Another characteristic part of Galarian culture is the way Pokémon battles are regarded as the most popular form of entretainment across the whole region.

Challengers face off against the Gym Leaders in Pokémon battles in the various stadiums found throughout the region.

3. The Champion Cup

Once a year in the Galar region, a series of Pokémon battles are held with the Leache Championship on the line. This is the Champion Cup! The Champion Cup is the tournament to decide who will be able to challenge the reigning Champion for their seat. Exemplary Trainers throughout the region, such as those who successfully complete the Gym Challenge, are allowed to participate in the Champion Cup tournament.

4. Galarian Form Pokémon

Certain Pokémon have adapted to the unique environment of one specific region and look different than the same species might look when found in another region.

These different appearences are known as the regional forms of those Pokémon, and it seems their behavior also differs from that of their previously discovered forms. The Galar region has its own regional forms of Pokémon, knowns as Galarian forms!

5. The Dynamax Phenomenon

The Dynamax phenomenon, whis allows Pokémon to become tremendously powerful, is an integral part of Pokémon battles in the Galar region. Dynamax Pokémon don't just become bigger- they get a boost in power as well. But they will return to normal after three turns, so make sure think carefully about when to trigger the Dynamax phenomenon.

6. Gigantamaxing

Gigantamaxing Pokémon become bigger and just like nomal Dynamaxing, Gigantamaxing boosts the power of the Pokémon. It also allows each Gigantamax Pokémon to use a unique move knows as a G-Max Move! Each G-Max Move is particular to a specific species of Gingantamax Pokémon, and regular Dynamax Pokémon can't use G-Max Moves at all.

7. Max Raid Battles

You'll be able to meet up with other players and have fun with them in the Wild Area via local or online communication. One way to have fun is to join up with three other players and take on powerful Dynamax Pokémon in Max Raid Battles.

8. Poké Jobs

In the Galar Region, it is very common for people and Pokémon to work together. Many corporations and universities request the help of Pokémon through what are known as Poké Jobs.

The Pokémon you send will help out with the job, and the experience will even help them grow. There are many different Poké Jobs available. You'll find that certain Pokémon types are suited for specific jobs, too. Helping out for a long time or sending as many Pokémon as you can on a job can also net some good results. You might even recieve some rare items!

9. Officially revealed exclusive gym leaders and Pokémon.

Sword
: Bea, Farfetch'd, Gothita, Deino, Turtonator, Jangmo-O, Ruffle

Shield: Allister, Ponyta, Larvitar, Solosis, Vullaby, Goomy, Drampa

10. Team Yell Enters the stage

They want nothing more than for Marnie to become Champion, and they all try to obstruct other challengers in all sowrt of ways. They will take over hotel lobbies, prevent other challengers from accessing transportation, adn even shout and distract opponents during battle. Whenever Marnie battles, it seems these Team Yell Grunts are quick to appear, showing their support with Marnie-print towels and also horns.

11. New and Returning Features

Pokémon Boxes

In these games, you'll be able to access your boxes in various town and facilities, but also while you're on the road or even when you're exploring the tall grass.

Autosave

Autosave will save your progress when you enter a town or building, this function will be turned on by default but you can turn it off if you want at anytime.

Nicknames

In Sword and Shield, you now have the chance to give a nickname to a Pokémon you recieved through trading. Be careful: You can only change it once.

Mints

Mints can modify which stats of your Pokémon are likely to grow faster than usual. Using a mint on a Pokémon changes the stat-growth patterns of each nature. The Pokémon's nature itself won't change even if you use a mint.

Vitamins

In Sword and Shield you are now able to max out a Pokémon's base points using only these supplements.

Exp. Candy

Wid exp.candies you can give your Pokémon Exp. Points directly. You can earn these in Max Raid Battles.

GALAR REGION POKÉDEX
REVIEW THREAD

FAQ

1. Do I need Nintendo Switch Online to trade online/make use of the online features?

Yes, Nintendo Switch Online membership and a Nintendo Account are required for online features. This game also includes an in-game option to purchase a Nintendo Switch Online membership for users who do not have one.

2. Can I trade Pokémon from my 3DS games or Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee! to Sword and Shield?

Yes, but only those that are available in the Galar Pokedex. Besides that, you need Pokémon Home that will be available next year.

3. How big is the Galar Pokedex anyway?

As of today, the Galar pokedex has 400 total pokémon

4. Which Pokémon were cut in these games?

Check the pastebin below

5. What's the number of new pokémon?

- 81 new species
- 13 Galarian Forms

6. Can you soft reset for a shiny starter?

No, shiny starters are locked just like in LGPE although you can breed them if you want to go for their shiny forms.

JOIN THE RESETERA POKÉMON SWORD/SHIELD FRIEND-DEX
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

CREDITS

Credits to Mucrush on DevianArt for the SwSh font
Thanks to Bulbapedia for the png pictures of various Pokémon and screenshots of the game
Serebii for the Galar Dex and info about various features
KingDirk for originally creating the Sword/Shield Friend-Dex
SeZMehK for adding a submission form for better security

And thank you for reading!

Time till the game unlocks on the US eShop
t1573794000z1.png

UK eShop
t1573776000z0.png

Japan eShop
t1573743600z0.png

Last edited:

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
W1VCIvW.png

Greetings, traveler.

56Ppds8.png

Basically, this is a very close remake of Vanilla WoW (2004-2006) - for all intents and purposes, it will play, look, and feel like Vanilla. No modern features are included, e.g., no transmog, no barbershop, no level boosts, no LFR, etc. Max level is 60. Check the "What content is available" section below to see available content!

0oqrXFW.png

The game launches world-wide, simultaneously, at 6PM US Eastern time on Monday, August 26th, 2019

r2uKxT3.png

Content is split into Phases. We do not know exactly when each Phase will begin, besides Phase 1, which starts on launch day.

Phase 1
Molten Core
Onyxia
Maraudon

Phase 2
Dire Maul
Azuregos
Kazzak

Phase 3
Blackwing Lair
Darkmoon Faire
Darkmoon deck drops begin

Phase 4
Zul'Gurub
Green Dragons

Phase 5
Ahn'Qiraj War Effort begins
Ahn'Qiraj raid opens when the war effort dictates
Dungeon loot reconfiguration: Tier 0.5 Dungeon gear, relics, drop rates and location changes

Phase 6
Naxxramas
Scourge Invasion

b9IVTPz.png

We don't know. The Burning Crusade: Classic may eventually come to fruition. We may see new content set in Classic's style. It's up to Blizzard and the success of Classic. I suspect that TBC: Classic is the most likely option.

OU2yTEA.png

In addition to the above, WoW Classic only requires a WoW subscription (~$15 a month) - there is no game to purchase, so the subscription fee is all you have to pay. The game is available on PC/Mac, and of course it is developed and published by Activision-Blizzard.

aXR2KgW.png

System requirements are extremely light - a potato gaming PC from 2009 can run Classic!

LyixPh5.jpg

GqfIwQc.jpg

HFx2wGB.png

Let me know if you have content creators that you'd like added to this list!
Asmongold [Twitch]
CountdownToClassic [Podcast]
Defcamp & Melderon [YouTube]

Esfand [Twitch]
Frostadamus [YouTube]
Joana [Twitch]
Kargoz [YouTube]
MadSeasonShow [YouTube]
MrGM [YouTube]

PlatinumWoW [YouTube]
Sodapoppin [Twitch]
Sonii [Twitch]

SoupaSoka [YouTube]
Swifty [Twitch]

TipsOut [YouTube]

XFwWIbQ.png

Let me know if you have useful links you'd like added to this list!

Official WoW: Classic website
Primer for Players
Classic item database
Addon database
Find old friends!
Classic best-in-slot gear guide
WoW Classic subreddit

A quick thanks to Blizzard for the press kit screenshots, as well as text for some of the above images.

Last edited:

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
YTn3o9L.gif

Developer: Spiders Games
Publisher: Focus Home Interactive
Release Date: September 10th, 2019
Platforms: Xbox, PS4, PC
Genre: Role Playing Game
Official Site: http://greedfall.com/
Soundtrack by Olivier Deriviere
About the Game
Explore uncharted new lands as you set foot on a remote island seeping with magic, and filled with riches, lost secrets, and fantastic creatures.
Forge this new world's destiny, as you befriend or betray companions and entire factions. With diplomacy, deception and force, become part of a living, evolving world - influence its course and shape your story.
  • Engage in a core roleplaying experience – achieve quests and complete objectives in a multitude of different ways – through combat, diplomacy, deception, or stealth.
  • Complete freedom in character progression – play as a male or female, customize your appearance, and freely choose your abilities, spells and skills.
  • Delve into a mysterious world of magic – begin a grand journey and uncover ancient secrets protected by supernatural beings, manifestations of the island's earthly magic.
Features

Setting and World

Factions, Companions, and Relationships

PC System Requirements

Pre Order Bonus

*The DLC "Adventurer's Gear" will be available for purchase after the release of the game

• Explorer's Outfit – Perfect for any adventurer embarking to strange lands, the Explorer's Outfit is said to bring its wearer good luck and fortune. This complete outfit contains the Hat of the Discoverer, Doublet of Good Fortune, Gloves of the Craftmaster and Weighted-heel Boots.
  • Rapier of the Alchemist – Crafted by a master alchemist of Al Saad, the blade of this rapier ignites when drawn, with the ability to inflict terrible wounds.
  • Wild Boar Ivory Rifle – This elegant rifle isn't just for style. Though less effective at longer distances, a short-range blast is more than enough to stop a charging boar in its tracks.

Launch Times

Q: What is GreedFall?
A: GreedFall is an RPG developed by Spiders, with an emphasis on freedom in both character development and how you proceed through the world. The Old World is dying because of the Malichor Plague and you will have to sail to new horizons and explore The Island of Teer Fradee to discover a cure.

Q: When will the game release?
A: The game releases on September 10 on PS4, Xbox One and PC.

Q: Will there be a physical edition for the game?
A: Yes, there will be a physical edition for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Q: Will 4K and HDR be available on console?
A: You will be able to play with HDR and 4K support on PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X. HDR-only will also be available as an option on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One S.

Q: Will the game be localized in different languages?
A: Yes, here is the list of available languages.
Interface & Subtitles: French, English, Italian, German, Spanish (Spain), Polish, Portuguese (Brazil). Russian, Simplified Chinese.
Audio: English

Q: When can I pre-order?
A: Right now! Pre-order are open here: http://greedfall.com/shop

Q: How can I get the Pre-Order Bonus?
A: You need to check if your store will provide our Adventurer's Gear Pack on our official shop: http://greedfall.com/shop

Q: Will there be a collector's or special edition?
A: There are currently no plans for a collector's or special edition
Q: Will the game be available on Steam?
A: Yes, here is the Steam store page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/606880/GreedFall/

Q: How much will the game cost?
A: The game costs €49,99/$49,99 on PC, and €49,99/$49,99 on consoles (or your regional equivalent).

Q: Does the game use Denuvo?
A: The game doesn't use Denuvo.

Q: Will there be mod support?
A: We don't have any plans to implement mod support.

Q: How long will the game be?
A: It will be 30 to 40 hours depending on how you play.

Q: Is this an open world game?
A: GreedFall is not an open world game.

Q: Will there be any paid DLC or a sequel?
A: There are currently no plans for DLC regarding GreedFall.

Q: Can create your own character?
A: You will be able to customize your character from the start in GreedFall! You are free to choose your gender and your physical appearance.

Q: Can you choose your faction?
Your character is linked to the Congregation. You can't change your faction, but you will be able to directly affect the relationship between the different factions present on Teer Fradee.

Credits:
OT and Header graphics, Harlequin
OT title, adj_noun
Special thanks to whoever made the press kit images.

That's what I got so far, anyone have any suggestions or anything? This is legit my first game OT.

Last edited:

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Mario Kart Tour comes out tomorrow, so I decided to step forward on my first OT. I want to give a quick thanks for the good suggestions in this thread, since I am making this on short time. I'm hoping this can be an enjoyable read by the time it is ready! :)

Mario Kart Tour |OT| Tokyo Drift

MKTOT.jpg

About the Game

Mario Kart Tour marks the first appearance of the long-running series on mobile devices, with the core Mario Kart gameplay being controllable with just a single hand. This entry marks a first in the series by introducing brand new courses based on famous real-world locations such as Tokyo, New York City, and Paris.

Release Information
  • Global Release Date: September 25th, 2019 (Around 1am PT / 10am CEST)
  • Developer: Nintendo EPD and DeNA Co.,Ltd.
  • Publisher: Nintendo
  • Platform(s): iOS and Android
  • Price: Free-to-Start, contains Microtransactions and Gacha mechanics
  • Genre: Kart Racing
  • Players: 1
Before You Play

EE-DrC6VUAA1IdV.png:large

In order to play Mario Kart Tour, Nintendo is requiring that users first link a Nintendo Account.

If you do not yet have a Nintendo Account, you can sign up for one now by following this link: Nintendo Account Registration

Trailers and Commercials

Helpful Links

Mario Kart Tour Official Website

Mario Kart Tour Official Twitter Account

Apple App Store Page

Google Play Page

FAQ

• What changed from the beta? The energy timers have been removed.
  • Does this have multiplayer? From what we know so far, this is a single player game.
  • Who are the new characters? Diddy Kong has made his long-awaited return, and Peachette joins the series for the first time! Additionally, Musician Mario and Pauline will be unlockable during the in-game New York Tour event.
  • What are the new race courses? New courses themed around Tokyo, New York, and Paris make their debut in this game. Additional future courses are teased as well, such as one inspired by London.

I would like to give a special thanks to vestan and Luminaire for encouraging me on making this OT. This is the first time I have ever made an OT, so I am a little nervous about how this turns out! I'm happy to hear any suggestions you may have to help me improve this thread. Happy racing!

Last edited:

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
To everyone following this thread, your graphics are awesome, but please remember to edit everything out once you've tested and verified that things look as they should! Otherwise, it's a tooooon of stuff to load each time we return to this page.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
To everyone following this thread, your graphics are awesome, but please remember to edit everything out once you've tested and verified that things look as they should! Otherwise, it's a tooooon of stuff to load each time we return to this page.
done :)

Eleriu

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Alright stuck the remake's thread behind spoiler tags.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks a lot, guys! It could just be that my internet sucks, and isn't always up to the task of loading it all up, but I appreciate it very much nonetheless.

Eleriu

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Figured this might be of interest to anyone watching this thread.

Affinity is having a 50% off sale as support because of the virus. You can get Affinity Photo, Designer, and Publisher for $25 each or all of them if you want for $75. They are also offering a 90 day free trial so you can try them out and see if you like it. I've been using Affinity Photo (I used it to make the FF7 Remakes OT) and it's pretty nice. It does have downsides though like it can't make gifs like PS can, but it is still nice to use for making/editing images.
affinity.serif.com

Affinity – Professional Creative Software

From the smoothest, fastest photo editing and graphic design software to the most powerful publishing software, Affinity apps are pushing the boundaries of what’s possible with creative technology.