• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
I'm an old fart so I mostly watch the old dudes or guys that are in to older stuff. LGR, Arcade USA, No Swear Gamer, Friday Night Arcade, Metal Jesus, 8bit Guy, some John Hancock, stuff like that. And I find I have very little use for most gameplay vids, especially current gen stuff.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I just watch Easy Allies, Jim Sterling, Cool Ghosts, and that Game Maker's Toolkit guy. They all seem pretty great.

But yeah, right wing bullshit in nerd stuff is out of control.

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I used to watch some retro gaming youtubers, but then they all decided to be friends with AlphaOmegaSin.

Now, my gaming related watching is pretty much limited to Jeremy Parish, DF Retro, LGR, MLiG, and some Hermitcrafters.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
ProZD is still one of the good ones, right?

This is where I'd post the thing he had after ProJared's fiasco if I could find the tweet lol

"The easy way to tell the two Pro usernames apart is that I don't cheat on my wife"

(I'm pretty sure nothing's shown up on him)

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Add Jack Black to the list. He just did a video with PewDiePie. Anyone who fucks with him is on my ignore list. A lot of bigger YouTubers are cowards. They don't want to lose any money so they tend to stay in the middle/take up for idiots like PDP. That's why I lost respect for Marcus. Doing that kinda just confirmed what I always suspected about him.

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I said "not as much", I never said it wouldn't bother me. Please don't tell me how I should react to words that belittle my people. Funny enough I've used to to describe liberals who react with out thinking.
You're acting like a white dude who keeps trying to tell his black friends that it's perfectly fine for him to keep saying the n-word.

It's a bad word full stop. Stop using it.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I just do 5 minutes of research when I come up with new names/faces. Nowadays I don't really watch any new people unless it's clear from the video description that they at least seem to not be alt-right shitgibbons (like, if the topic of the video is something in the veins of "why we need to be more inclusive", I can be a bit more certain they aren't total shitstains of humanity) or without first scrolling down their videos a bit to see if there's some telltale Anita Sarkeesian "critique" or unironic use of "SJW" & whining about them, if the video titles/descriptions themselves don't give it away.

If there is no super clear alt-right BS but neither is there anything that would point out to progressive/tolerant ideals (so, if it's like, just "Let's Play: Super Mario Maker 2"), I might try to google "username controversies/racist/homophobe" and if that doesn't turn up anything alt-right-y/white supremacist-y/bigoted-y, then I'll give the user a try. If I enjoy them, I'll check them out occasionally before subscribing because often it doesn't take a whole lot of time for a lot of "neutral" seeming people to spout some bigoted shit.

It's really not all that hard. It's not like I find 50 new users every day so checking up on new Youtubers/streamers/whatever maybe once or twice a week isn't that much of a hassle if it means I don't accidentally give clicks to a shitgibbons.

Jakke_Koala

Sep 28, 2018
I only watch ACG, Noah Caldwell Gervas and Joseph Anderson/

First one has excellent reviews and i think the guy is on ths site also. (if you're reading this, thanks a bunch for your fine work)
The other 2 are in depth looks at video games or different aspects of videogames. Really interesting stuff

I used to watch NakeyJakey, but yeah, not really interested in him anymore, even though he had a great RDR2 video
Also, did Nakey Jakey also did/said something or is it just because he's friends with Jontron. Because apparently Angry joe is also friends with Jontron. Is he also hated on here?

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't matter if you say it to a black or white person. Any non-black person who uses that word as an insult is automatically trash. Because a non-racist person wouldn't even use it under any context.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
How many new Youtubers are you trying to find for this to happen so much that it becomes tiresome.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm an old fart so I mostly watch the old dudes or guys that are in to older stuff. LGR, Arcade USA, No Swear Gamer, Friday Night Arcade, Metal Jesus, 8bit Guy, some John Hancock, stuff like that. And I find I have very little use for most gameplay vids, especially current gen stuff.
Metal Jesus is on the shit list too.

His good friend reggie who he regularly has on the show came out with some serious transphobic shit and when asked about his feelings on it MJ just said he couldn't force him to think anything himself and carried on as normal I believe.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda why I stick to podcasts. It's always disheartening that you are one click or one autoplay away from some bullshit

Jayde Six

Feb 2, 2019
I used to watch some retro gaming youtubers, but then they all decided to be friends with AlphaOmegaSin.

Now, my gaming related watching is pretty much limited to Jeremy Parish, DF Retro, LGR, MLiG, and some Hermitcrafters.

Sadly both DF Retro (dark1x) and MLiG follow AlphaOmegaSin on twitter, no idea if they are all friends but they are friendly with him on twitter, especially MLiG.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I only watch ACG, Noah Caldwell Gervas and Joseph Anderson/

First one has excellent reviews and i think the guy is on ths site also. (if you're reading this, thanks a bunch for your fine work)
The other 2 are in depth looks at video games or different aspects of videogames. Really interesting stuff

I used to watch NakeyJakey, but yeah, not really interested in him anymore, even though he had a great RDR2 video
Also, did Nakey Jakey also did/said something or is it just because he's friends with Jontron. Because apparently Angry joe is also friends with Jontron. Is he also hated on here?
Pretty sure Angry Joe gets a thread every time a video of his comes out, but I haven't been on Era in the past few months so I couldn't say for sure.

Not a fan of Angry Joe myself

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
It is a sexist attack on males too you realize right?. When used against a man It's the modern equivalent of calling a guy gay (or the far harsher f-word to be blunt) because they care about non dudebro things. SJW is thrown at men who are feminist constantly.

It is used to mock men who aren't acting manly enough, it is not just an attack when said about a woman. It's an awful vile term that is used because it's not accepted to call someone gay (or the harsher version of gay) so this is their code word to use instead. Anyone who uses it knows damn well what they are trying to say.

No one call someone a SJW in a non-offensive non-toxic male way.

It's an offensive and sexist attack, there is literally no way to spin this.

SJW is used to describe gay guys? I thought it was a insult for folks that fight for progressive values.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
One of the weirdest discoveries of this kind was when I found a Chilean guy with two co-workers reacting to shock videos from ye olde internet like One Man One Jar and such. They had a fun chemistry, until the guy for some reason went full in complaining about "the dictatorship of political correctness" and his Twitter is plastered with Agustín Laje BS (some anti feminism/LGBT fuck from Argentina).

Like, man I followed you for being grossed out at videos, didn't even expect you were one of "those".

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
I watch Northernlion and Arekkz for gaming, and Americas Test Kitchen, Bon Appetit, and Binging with Babish for the rest. Maybe some Tiny Desk stuff mixed in.

So far, no nazis or alt-right views from any of them.

captainmal01

Oct 28, 2017
He's probably already been brought up, but Arch Warhammer is a massive sexist twat who uses SJW unironically and has done for a while. Bringing it up now because a CA community manager called him a dickhead on stream and he was right too.

powersurge

Nov 2, 2017
Pensacola, FL
Ugh yeah this thread reminds me how much I hate being blindsided by some of these youtubers. I've got a bunch of subscriptions but a lot of days I just flip through them and watch one or two (usually in the mornings) so its a surprise sometimes to find out some of these folks are jackasses.

I saw that thing about Linus and Alex Jones and promptly unsubscribed and never went back.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
These are some of the channels I regularly follow on YouTube. As far as I know, none of the uploaders are milkshake ducks, but I wouldn't mind being informed otherwise:

1. The (Ex) Super Best Friends: I've followed every dude's channel after the break-up. I'm pretty much 99% certain that Woolie, Matt and Liam are sweethearts and they have done a lot to combat my daily woes. AFAIK, Pat is only a shithead in the sense that his personality can be polarizing to some, but not because of any hateful views or rhetoric.

2. Super Eyepatch Wolf: The single best video editor I've seen in regards to videogames and anime deep dives. A legend.

3. Clemps: Another good boy.

4. Jim Sterling: A man who has simulated having sex with POGs on-screen but somehow is more coherent and intelligent than any other jackass talking about videogames on the internet.

5. Maximillian Dood: Another hype man, big on fighting games but is also massively fanboy excited about FFVII Remake like I am.

6. Game Grumps (post Jon): They can be hit or miss for me but otherwise they are an entertaining duo.

7. Giant Bomb: Natch.

8. Movie Bob *: This one gets an asterix from me because while he puts out some well thought-out movie reviews and essays about superhero movies and the like, he apparently has a rather shortsighted view on how to fix American politics (I don't extensively follow his stuff outside the videos but he seems to have a mindset of "let the geeks and gamers run the country, fuck braindead jocks!" attitude). I don't know if he qualifies as problematic or just naive.

9. Mother's Basement: pretty much the only other guy besides Eyepatch who I can stomach hearing his views about anime. He gets a little cringey with his love of waifu and ecchi content (which may or may not be partly satirical) but he has some good recommendations and commentary...which is REALLY rare for anime youtubers.

10. Stop Skeletons from Fighting: He loves terrible games unironically. He covers every weird ass port, accessory and overall obscure games stuff. His enthusiasm is infectious.

11. Corridor Crew: I recently started following these guys, and I enjoy their expertise in pointing out what makes movie CG bad and/or good.

YouTube has essentially replaced television for me so I'm happy for more recommendations (and would also like to know who NOT to endorse because reasons).

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
These are some of the channels I regularly follow on YouTube. As far as I know, none of the uploaders are milkshake ducks, but I wouldn't mind being informed otherwise:

1. The (Ex) Super Best Friends: I've followed every dude's channel after the break-up. I'm pretty much 99% certain that Woolie, Matt and Liam are sweethearts and they have done a lot to combat my daily woes. AFAIK, Pat is only a shithead in the sense that his personality can be polarizing to some, but not because of any hateful views or rhetoric.

2. Super Eyepatch Wolf: The single best video editor I've seen in regards to videogames and anime deep dives. A legend.

3. Clemps: Another good boy.

4. Jim Sterling: A man who has simulated having sex with POGs on-screen but somehow is more coherent and intelligent than any other jackass talking about videogames on the internet.

5. Maximillian Dood: Another hype man, big on fighting games but is also massively fanboy excited about FFVII Remake like I am.

6. Game Grumps (post Jon): They can be hit or miss for me but otherwise they are an entertaining duo.

7. Giant Bomb: Natch.

8. Movie Bob *: This one gets an asterix from me because while he puts out some well thought-out movie reviews and essays about superhero movies and the like, he apparently has a rather shortsighted view on how to fix American politics (I don't extensively follow his stuff outside the videos but he seems to have a mindset of "let the geeks and gamers run the country, fuck braindead jocks!" attitude). I don't know if he qualifies as problematic or just naive.

9. Mother's Basement: pretty much the only other guy besides Eyepatch who I can stomach hearing his views about anime. He gets a little cringey with his love of waifu and ecchi content (which may or may not be partly satirical) but he has some good recommendations and commentary...which is REALLY rare for anime youtubers.

10. Stop Skeletons from Fighting: He loves terrible games unironically. He covers every weird ass port, accessory and overall obscure games stuff. His enthusiasm is infectious.

11. Corridor Crew: I recently started following these guys, and I enjoy their expertise in pointing out what makes movie CG bad and/or good.

YouTube has essentially replaced television for me so I'm happy for more recommendations (and would also like to know who NOT to endorse because reasons).

Great picks! I like that people are promoting Mother's Basement and Super Eyepatch Wolf more and more in anime circles. Particularly with MB's last year or so of content I've enjoyed how blunt he is about, despite his ecchi love, being against the obsession so much of anime with sexualizing abuse and victimized women; a point that usually comes up in his content on Sword Art Online.

In terms of anime YT content creators, I'll throw in a bid for Dango Duo who go above and beyond.They're a queer couple who are refreshingly ruthless in regards to what they're willing to tolerate in anime and games. Their perspective reminds me of the same kind of unapologetic bluntness that Anita Sarkeesian sparked with FemFreq around the start of GamerGate where she and many others were and still are patently against tiptoeing around the issues of much of the media they love. I actually came to know the channel from Max Kirin who's half of the Dango Duo couple & who was and is still a writer and writing advice YT creator who identifies as non-binary. I still listen to Max's writing advice podcast and the views they share with their partner follows to the way they think about story as well. Where some YTs might have like a ~50% chance of revealing to be or becoming regressive, alt-right fanatics, I can near guarantee the hosts of Dango Duo would likely close their channel before they even entertain any bigoted views.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Great picks! I like that people are promoting Mother's Basement and Super Eyepatch Wolf more and more in anime circles. Particularly with MB's last year or so of content I've enjoyed how blunt he is about, despite his ecchi love, being against the obsession so much of anime with sexualizing abuse and victimized women; a point that usually comes up in his content on Sword Art Online.

I am a firm believer of "there's a time and place for it". If you're going to make a tiddy anime, be upfront about it instead of clumsily sneaking it in where it sticks out like a sore thumb. And even then, there's a careful balancing act (no pun intended) to make sure you aren't sending mixed messages.

I'm not into harem anime, but at least MB approaches it in a way that he seems aware when fanservice is appropriate vs when it isn't.

frankenstrat

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think Lazy Game Reviews has ever fallen into this. Definitely enjoy his reviews of all sorts of retro PC nonsense.

Priapus

Oct 27, 2017
Recently I saw a few vids of Alec Steele (young blacksmith who is very talented and entertaining) featuring a dude called the Warrior Poet. Dude had a weird vibe and after checking his channel (that was linked in the description of Steele's vid), my fears came true. Traditional Christian values, gun nut, and some very strange views of how he and his kin are the protectors of this society. Oh yeah, Intelligent Design is also his thing.

Alec never mentions his personal believes and never features people that do the same so this kinda felt out of place. As he is now living in the US I am fearful of him going down the path of good ol' American values and guns. We'll see what the future brings.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
that's why i dont follow youtube channels that have suspect credibility to them...i think you can see who is actually horrible early on at this point, cause the radicalization effect makes people get exposed fairly easily. its hard for them to contain the world view they have

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Because of the monetization changes and censorship complaints, youtubers are being encouraged to switch Bitchute. But because that site encourages "freedom of speech" it's a bigger shithole than Youtube.

Alt-right, racists, homophobes, conspiracy theorists, fake news, islamaphobes, nazis, incels, gun nuts, antisemitism, religious zealots, sexists, and good old fashioned trolls are taking over the internet. It sucks. You have to be vigilant to find the content that isn't crap.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
Apologies for the bump.

ChilledCow, a popular lofi music streamer on YouTube, just held a massive red MRA flag. Earlier today, at around 11:30 PM EST, they played a song that just said "All women are liars. I'm sick of this, come with me.". Nothing else - no context, no other message, just a direct misogynist statement.

I am completely thrown off and I feel obliged to post my experience here. I'm currently disappointed and frustrated because I recommended their channel to my friends in the past. Not anymore.

They are still streaming (as of 12:00 AM EST) so the offending song might not be viewable at the moment.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
So because they played a song you think they are MRAs on that alone? Seems a bit alarmist without any greater context.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Yep, unfortunately every time I watch a gaming related channel, I've basically come to assume I'm going to eventually discover its some sort of right wing mra thing in disguise.

Zaheer

Oct 27, 2017
Apologies for the bump.

ChilledCow, a popular lofi music streamer on YouTube, just held a massive red MRA flag. Earlier today, at around 11:30 PM EST, they played a song that just said "All women are liars. I'm sick of this, come with me.". Nothing else - no context, no other message, just a direct misogynist statement.

I am completely thrown off and I feel obliged to post my experience here. I'm currently disappointed and frustrated because I recommended their channel to my friends in the past. Not anymore.

They are still streaming (as of 12:00 AM EST) so the offending song might not be viewable at the moment.

It's the song "Women" by Nymano, right? The lines you heard are between 0:18-0:32 of this video:

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Apologies for the bump.

Thanks for sharing, shocked.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
It's the song "Women" by Nymano, right? The lines you heard are between 0:18-0:32 of this video:

Ah that is it. Thank you for taking the time to find the original song.

I don't know which is more bizarre - the existence of a song that trims the original lyrics to warp their context or the fact that ChilledCow played it. Could just be Hanlon's razor on ChilledCow's part, but ultimately they approved the song by putting it in their playlist.

EDIT: And just to clarify, the song did not include the line "Be careful when you're with that woman." Just "All women are liars. When this is over, I'm getting out of it. All of it. When I do, will you come with me?". Some minor splicing work went into distorting the played lyrics.

Last edited:

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
I enjoy watching and learning about retro tech, so I am a big fan of the Youtuber The 8-bit Guy. So it really sucks for me to find out that he's one of those open carry advocates. Saw that he's has a second channel all about guns and how he likes to open carry a big ass rifle in public. Saw a webm of him casually carry a rifle strapped to his back while buying something at a checkout. I'm not one that wants to totally ban the 2A, but I also can't support these obnoxious idiots that like to go out in public and show everyone how strapped he/she is. It just there to intimidate people, and it needlessly puts people on edge. Can't really enjoy his content like I used to knowing that he's one of those people that make any sort of even minor gun control legislation impossible to implement.

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I enjoy watching and learning about retro tech, so I am a big fan of the Youtuber The 8-bit Guy. So it really sucks for me to find out that he's one of those open carry advocates. Saw that he's has a second channel all about guns and how he likes to open carry a big ass rifle in public. Saw a webm of him casually carry a rifle strapped to his back while buying something at a checkout. I'm not one that wants to totally ban the 2A, but I also can't support these obnoxious idiots that like to go out in public and show everyone how strapped he/she is. It just there to intimidate people, and it needlessly puts people on edge. Can't really enjoy his content like I used to knowing that he's one of those people that make any sort of even minor gun control legislation impossible to implement.

Ffffffffuck.

It's not the end of the world, but that is really disappointing. On the plus side, that channel hasn't been updated in 5 years (I've never heard of him refer to the set as for "Cranial Pasta".) Is there a chance he's evolved on this subject in recent years, or did he recently confirm he's still 100% for it?

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
Ffffffffuck.

It's not the end of the world, but that is really disappointing. On the plus side, that channel hasn't been updated in 5 years (I've never heard of him refer to the set as for "Cranial Pasta".) Is there a chance he's evolved on this subject in recent years, or did he recently confirm he's still 100% for it?

He posted this as recently as 2016

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
Just found this chrome extension: Channel Blocker
It can block any channel on Youtube that you can select. Even adds close/x buttons next to channel's name for easy blocking. Also, there is an import/export function for blocked channels. Who has a list of channels that should be blocked? or if it doesn't exist who wants to start one? I'll be glad to start one if it doesn't exist. Would anyone have a starter one?