• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
IMG_8849.jpg

Eating this with a little apple sauce. Great stuff. Unfortunately it's only seasonal.

Yours?

robot

Oct 27, 2017
I really like Trader Joe's Pumpkin Bread Mix. Eat a slice with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Pumpkin Pie is a perfect safe choice, pumpkin bread is pretty dope if it's got a good texture.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
Never had any of it. I can't even begin to imagine what it tastes like. I'm told it's just a flavor used with pumpkin, and doesn't really taste like pumpkin? I don't know. Maybe I'll never know.

Gakidou

Oct 30, 2017
pip pip cheerio fish & chips
Never had any of it. I can't even begin to imagine what it tastes like. I'm told it's just a flavor used with pumpkin, and doesn't really taste like pumpkin? I don't know. Maybe I'll never know.

3 parts cinnamon : 1 part allspice : 1 part cloves : 1 part nutmeg : 1 part ginger

bonus:
if you can get your hands on a tin of pumpkin puree and a tin of sweetened condensed milk (or you can use double cream + brown sugar), mix that with 3 medium eggs, add those spices in proportion (1.5 teaspoon cinnamon, half a teaspoon of the rest) and pour the mix into a shortcrust pastry crust, bake for like 45 mins at 200c and you have yourself a classic pumpkin spiced pumpkin pie!

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
3 parts cinnamon : 1 part allspice : 1 part cloves : 1 part nutmeg : 1 part ginger

bonus:
if you can get your hands on a tin of pumpkin puree and a tin of sweetened condensed milk (or you can use double cream + brown sugar), mix that with 3 medium eggs, add those spices in proportion (1.5 teaspoon cinnamon, half a teaspoon of the rest) and pour the mix into a shortcrust pastry crust, bake for like 45 mins at 200c and you have yourself a classic pumpkin spiced pumpkin pie!
Congratulations, you're my very first person to make me bookmark a post using the "bookmark" feature we seem to have here. Looking forward to it.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017

bonus:
Can you use an actual pumpkin if you live in a part of the world were canned pumpkin purée isn't a thing? Cus this sounds delicious

Gakidou

Oct 30, 2017
pip pip cheerio fish & chips
Can you use an actual pumpkin if you live in a part of the world were canned pumpkin purée isn't a thing? Cus this sounds delicious

Yes you can, but theres a few caveats: fresh pumpkin is going to be more watery and less flavourful, it might help to press and strain some of the excess water out, you'll probably want to cook it in a pan for a while before you puree it and mix it with the other ingredients. See if you can get it into more of a nice vegetable paste/mash rather than a smoothie basically.
The other caveat is typical halloween carving pumpkins are grown for size so they're a lot milder in flavour than the type they probably use for cooking, but they wont be bad or anything. And hey, if you're doing a pumpkin for halloween, waste not!

The good thing is you can also substitute pumpkin for sweet potato or butternut squash, or use a combination. Sweet potato comes out dryer with no seeds and is easy to mash, and butternut squash has more of a fruity flavour.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
Yes you can, but theres a few caveats: fresh pumpkin is going to be more watery and less flavourful, it might help to press and strain some of the excess water out, you'll probably want to cook it in a pan for a while before you puree it and mix it with the other ingredients. See if you can get it into more of a nice vegetable paste/mash rather than a smoothie basically.
The other caveat is typical halloween carving pumpkins are grown for size so they're a lot milder in flavour than the type they probably use for cooking, but they wont be bad or anything. And hey, if you're doing a pumpkin for halloween, waste not!

The good thing is you can also substitute pumpkin for sweet potato or butternut squash, or use a combination. Sweet potato comes out dryer with no seeds and is easy to mash, and butternut squash has more of a fruity flavour.
Oh, that's great! I actually have some butternut squash lying around that I was going to use to make soup, a pie sounds much more tasty 😋 thanks for the tips