• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
I feel like EA would rather try to sell PlayStation on EA Access, rather than give away their games on PS Plus.

No doubt that the heightened player base on Xbox ONE is because it's on a subscription service.
I wonder if the fact Sony refused EA access and said they didn't want it will get them a bigger slice of the pie if they ever accept. EA would love to get that service on by far the biggest console userbase so I'm sure they'd be willing to give Sony a bigger cut. And it's make or break for them with the ps5 coming.

Anyway on topic, I noticed a few people playing T2 and I'd not seen that in a long time.

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
Can vouch for the X1 numbers, takes a second to find a match. I already had the physical version but the $4.50 was too good and after playing Apex, I had to try this out. The physical version is still sealed.

Oct 27, 2017
Man, on PS4 I'm getting matches in half the time than before, just with bounty hunt, attrition, and Titan brawl.

Shame my skills have degraded to shit. Damn.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
All respawn needs to do is put a banner in apex linking the two games. Instant sales.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Damn right. If only they didn't take a lot of the movement out of Apex Legends I wouldn't have installed TF2 and would be playing that instead. I would have lived without the titans (although it's still disappointing) but taking out the movement doesn't make sense (it makes sense but the reason makes me angry). Going back to TF2 after a dozen matches of Apex felt SO FUCKING GOOD.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
After getting my ass handed to me in Apex all day I fired up TF2 for the first time in months. Joined a match-in-progress on War Games and racked up 14 kills and 4 Titan kills, #3 score of the game. The combination of late-game chaos and butter-smooth traversal is divine.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
EA should make Titanfall 2 MP free to play, just like they did with Dragon Age Inquisition.

Add some miecrotransactions (if they haven't), and it'll be golden.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Squad based BR isn't my jam but Apex inspired me to reinstall Titanfall 2 as well -- mostly for the campaign but I could see myself getting back into Attrition, especially if the increased activity holds.

augmental

Oct 30, 2017
I suck at games (i.e. I die a lot) but I made it a point to finish Titanfall 2...the single player experiece was awesome, with the need to figure out how to traverse the environment and what not and the dialog with your mech companion...just really cool

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Played a dozen rounds last night, there was less of a queue and lots players that did not know what was going on playing. Yep, thanks Apex.

VirtuaModel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I beat Titanfall 2 (Xbox One) the day before Apex released and yeah, the population was 3K. I only played a couple of matches but I should probably do some more while it's extra popular.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
I can only speak for myself, but I'll say that the Apex buzz is definitely making me consider getting to TF2's campaign sooner rather than later. I've heard nothing but great things, and I got the game for practically free... plus I really ought to use my Xbox One more, I could probably count the number of hours I've spent playing games with it on a single hand.

HamCormier

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I can only speak for myself, but I'll say that the Apex buzz is definitely making me consider getting to TF2's campaign sooner rather than later. I've heard nothing but great things, and I got the game for practically free... plus I really ought to use my Xbox One more, I could probably count the number of hours I've spent playing games with it on a single hand.
Don't even hesitate! It's such a good campaign, and it's so short and sweet.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Titanfalls on sale on xbox

If that sale came back, ps4 would jump too.

I wish theyd advertise tf2 in apex. 10 million eyes on titanfall 2 would be awesome if just .5% bite

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
I've owned TF2 for a few years, but never played it. I have trouble working on single-player games since I get busy playing rounds of R6:S, DOTA2, etc. After getting into Apex, it has made me want to to go play TF2, especially since the campaign in pretty short.

Troll

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I think it's safe to say Titanfall takes place in the apex legends universe, not the other way around.

BigTnaples

Oct 30, 2017
Good! Best multiplayer game ever made, amazing post launch support, stunning polish, and overall some of the most fun you can have in gaming.

Electricb7

Oct 27, 2017
They should just make Titanfall2 free to play as well.
Its always on sale for like $7 On all platforms.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
If it wasn't for so many new games coming out this quarter, I'll probably be tempted to dust off the old Ronin.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
That's awesome! Makes me want to jump back into TF2 because it's probably the best multiplayer experience I've had this gen.

Deleted member 36749

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 24, 2017
Atlanta
It's such a good game it should get this hype

That single player campaign was dope, and the multiplayer is fire.

It just gets lost on the fray

Bung Hole

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Auckland, New Zealand
Titanfaill 2 mode where you defend against waves of enemy attacks is so good but its also so disappointing because it has potential to be so much better with more maps, increased squad size and enemy variety as well as objectives.

Freedonia

Oct 27, 2017
That's great news! I reinstalled Titanfall 2 last Monday to give it a spin while waiting for Apex to drop, and it still plays beautifully. Respawn's post launch support was incredibly underrated: additional maps in the form of remakes from TF1 and new maps; the new titan; a couple weapons from TF1; the three weapon system; frontier defense; and the live fire mode all added to the fun. TF2 and Apex fulfill different shooter urges for me, while still being equally fun. I'd love to see TF2 offered as a PS+ title to add even more players, or for Respawn to add a link to a discounted copy in the Apex store or something similar. I think people would find that both games compliment each other very well, like going from sweating it out in Apex with your three man squad to hopping on TF2 to have more care-free, air-soaring fun with a larger party.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Tip for any newcomers to TF : Try a few rounds of the Frontier Defense mode to get yourself familiar with the mechanics/feel of the game.

Shalashaska

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The 0.99 cent EA Access is what finally got me to try Titanfall 2, but I'm glad I did. The campaign is a blast so far.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looked like self promotion to me which is against the rules. If it was a mistake, my apologies xD.

Self-Promotion & Spam: Do not create threads featuring links to products or services that you have a direct involvement in. Users are welcome and encouraged to post in already existing threads about a product or service that they are involved in (including links that are specifically relevant to the thread) so that they may engage with the community. Please note that this policy also applies to verified users on ResetEra

Self-promotion in the comments is generally allowed as long as it's not spamming. However, I don't believe linking to a comment of a tweet quote of this thread on Twitter would be considered self promotion given that I'm not promoting anything, and if it was, I'd still be allowed to link it regardless.

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
I just want to zip-line up to a tower, backstab an enemy sniper, then jump to the side of the next building and wall-run across it so that my next jump takes me behind a group of enemies in a firefight with my team, take two of them out with a frag and the remaining enemy out with my EVA-8, call in my Titan, suicide run into the middle of a group of enemies and activate self-destruct mode as I eject into the air before the big kaboom. Ah those were the days.

allinthefamily.jpg