• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 51266

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 26, 2018
It's no secret to anyone that the Titanfall series has suffered from terrible player retention and the playerbase has slowly dwindled over the years, but contrary to the recent popular belief that Apex Legends was going to become so popular it would gut Titanfall's playerbase, it seems that the exact opposite of that has happened, a large amount of players are playing the game right now and the playerbase is witnessing more than a 100% increase across multiple platforms.

Usually on the working days, Titanfall 2's avg worldwide players on PC would be around 800-1500, right now it has made a jump to 3400 this Saturday.

NqRZdir.png

On the PS4, TF2 would usually be around 2k players at this time, it has more than doubled that number right now.

3r8i6rdrvsf21.png

Xbox One had the biggest player spike, it went from having 2k-3k on the usual Saturdays to a whooping 10k pilots!

nY3tU9s.png

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Really? I play TF2 weekly on ps4 and it's usually at 3-5k population.

That's a pretty big bump for Xbox though

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Waiting for Titanfall 2 to be a PS+ game of the month so it can finally get the spotlight it deserves.

Oct 27, 2017
I know I jumped back in. Gotta replay the SP to get my parkour skills back before I jump back into MP. BLOPS4 is fun but it's fucking with my Titanfall skills.

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017
Yes! Yes!!! People are realizing Respawn makes the best multiplayer shooters, by far! Everyone who hasn't tried Titanfall 2 yet needs to get on that train, ASAP! Both the campaign and multiplayer are glorious!

Oct 25, 2017
I got 1 month of Origin Access Basic for the 1000 Apex Coins and to try out Anthem, but it looks like Titanfall 2 full game is part of Access Basic. I might give it a go.

Panthalassic

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna pick up Titanfall 2 after payday this week, as I've heard nothing but good things about its single player campaign, and I've been in a mech-game mood recently for some reason (it's because of Austin Walker).

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
After being reminded about how much I enjoy Respawn's gunplay, I went back to play some Titanfall 2 as well. While I prefer the first game's multiplayer, 2 is still a great time. Titanfall 2's campaign is one of the best FPS campaigns ever made, so can't wait to replay that.

A friend of mine recently bought it too. Definitely helps that it is so cheap on Xbox right now.

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome awesome news!
I've been playing since launch and yeah, you legit couldn't get into a game on PS4 anymore during certain times of day.... at least, not without sitting in a matchmaking que upwards of 5 minutes.
Xbox has really ever had this problem as its more or less always managed to have almost double the playercount. Im sure TF1 exclusiveness helped lay that foundation

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
That's good to know.
I really prefer it to Apex, but numbers fell down over the months.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Release Titanfall 2 MP in its entirety as a new Apex Legends mode for free. Or maybe just Bounty Hunt because I don't care about the other modes.

KayonXaikyre

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine if it had crossplay! It would be much healthier. That's cool to see though. I'm surprised to see so much on Xbox.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
The game has doubled and tripled in player population on all 3 platforms. Not sure what you want to call it?
A little boost. . Its needs to be bigger then that and mostly longer also.
Apex servers were down last night also wich makes maybe people jump in on TF2. Even more on Xbox because of EA access.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
If Apex means Titanfall 2 comes back into focus, I am all for it. If it means people try out a TF3 game, then that is great too. Mobility, gunplay and Titan combat makes it worth playing, as does the excellent SP.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Well, I sure reinstalled and played a few Matches of TF2 after playing a few rounds of Apex Legends and realising that everything I loved about Titanfall and made it special was missing. Made me realise how much I missed playing the game.

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I sure reinstalled and played a few Matches of TF2 after playing a few rounds of Apex Legends and realising that everything I loved about Titanfall and made it special was missing. Made me realise how much I missed playing the game.

I will completely give Apex it's due kudos as it made design choices that completely made BR a viable game.... for me at least, lol

That being said, it ain't shit to Titanfall.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm probably gonna redownload it myself tonight. Apex is really fun but Titanfall just has the superior movement mechanics.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I always found weird how this game has always been dirt cheap both in digital and physical

Like, I could buy the game now at $5 dollars, something that I could only do with games like fallout 4 and borderlands