• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
Awesome awesome news!
I've been playing since launch and yeah, you legit couldn't get into a game on PS4 anymore during certain times of day.... at least, not without sitting in a matchmaking que upwards of 5 minutes.
Xbox has really ever had this problem as its more or less always managed to have almost double the playercount. Im sure TF1 exclusiveness helped lay that foundation

MS excellent marketing for the first game and online shooters association with XB Live more likely.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Kinda getting an itch to play the campaign again...........
So creative; almost every level has a super neat idea going on that a whole game could be made around. One of the three best shooter campaigns of this generation, alongside Doom and Infinite Warfare. 2016 was fucking bonkers.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
I got Titanfall 2 for cheap a while back and never played it. Maybe I'm scared that I'll be bad at it like I am every other shooter after Modern Warfare 2. ;-;

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
Waiting for Titanfall 2 to be a PS+ game of the month so it can finally get the spotlight it deserves.

I'd love to see this, and/or its addition to GamePass.

In the few times I've played recently on PS4, it felt like everyone still playing is a goddamn Jedi Master. It's awesome.

Pilot v. pilot especially. I held my own, but there was one guy who had mastered traversal and absolutely wrecked me. And then he teabagged me at the end.

I got Titanfall 2 for cheap a while back and never played it. Maybe I'm scared that I'll be bad at it like I am every other shooter after Modern Warfare 2. ;-;

I'd encourage you to try it. Frontier Defense is an entire mode (horde, basically) against AI, so you don't have to worry about enemy players. For PvP modes, try attrition. There will be some good pilots, but try focusing on grunt kills to get your titan as quickly as possible, as titan combat is much easier to learn.

OP
OP

Deleted member 51266

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Deserved, great game. Any hypothesis on why the spike was particularly significant on Xbox?
Titanfall 1 was an Xbox One/360 console exclusive and it had a huge marketing campaign from Microsoft, despite Titanfall 2 going multiplatform I suppose the series remained seen as an "Xbox IP" in the eyes of many Xbox and PS4 players. I also believe that Microsoft had the marketing deal for Titanfall 2, but they never went all in with it the same way they did with Titanfall 1.

Keep in mind that this isn't the norm for multiplat online shooters, they almost always have a much larger playerbase on the PS4 than on Xbox One.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
"Resurgence" is abit of a to big word i think.

When I use to play TF2 on Xbox the highest player counts I saw were upto 15,000. Usually hovered around 8K to 12K.

I was online two days back the population was 4,000 I think. Today it's near 10,000. Seems like a resurgence to me, idk.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Excellent. I'm not being hyperbolic when I say Titanfall 2 was one of the best FPS' I've ever played and cemented Respawn as a developer I love; excellent gameplay mechanics that created a solid multiplayer, and a tightly designed single-player campaign which is up there with the best. Hearing that Apex has helped it see a resurgence makes me very happy! Respawn deserves this.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's on sale right now for like $5, at least it was on Xbox.

You'd be an idiot to pass it up, even if just for the excellent campaign.

Tengrave

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I'am doing my part! I reinstalled it and went back. It's still the best. Every match is a joy.

ArchStanton

Oct 29, 2017
Yes, more people should play and re-play Titanfall 2. Just anecdotally speaking, playing on PS4 this weekend, I saw not only a spike in players but in skill level.

I'm solid at the game, but the some of the people I was playing against... whew! So good.

I don't want this to be a deterrent to any new players, as the campaign in and of itself is outstanding. But if you liked the movement in Apex Legends, you'll LOVE it in Titanfall 2.

OP
OP

Deleted member 51266

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 26, 2018
This is excellent news. Think we'll get Titanfall characters for Apex soon?
Disclaimer: this is fake/photoshop.

Qz7pQs6.jpg

But yeah, there are some theories within the Titanfall community that Cooper might've joined the Apex Predators (now Legends) after Blisk gave him an invite to join them in TF2's ending (which goes hand in hand with theory of Cooper being MRVN's lost owner and going AWOL a few years after 2's events), and that he could be one of the legends to be added in Apex Legends.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Disclaimer: this is fake/photoshop.

Qz7pQs6.jpg

But yeah, there are some theories within the Titanfall community that Cooper might've joined the Apex Predators (now Legends) after Blisk gave him an invite to join them in TF2's ending (which goes hand in hand with theory of Cooper being MRVN's owner and going AWOL), and that he could be one of the legends to be added in Apex Legends.
Shit. Damn. That would be great.

Anyway I would not be surprised if Blisk himself enters the ring at some point.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Installed it back after a couple of Apex game. I don't like this new game, at all. Titanfall is superior gameplay wise !

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
... and one day they'll market Titanfall 3 as "FROM THE MAKERS OF APEX LEGENDS" and all will be well in the world.

Play the campaign!!!!!!!!!!
Then Frontier Defense, then Attrition, then whatever you feel like doing.

Really enjoying these Titanfall vibes. I might hop back into MP too once I've resubbed my Gold subscription.

Oct 28, 2017
Replaying the TF2 campaign right now. Still think it's the best FPS campaign this gen, and one of the best ever. It feels so great to play and it's packed with cool ideas.