• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
I don't know how much merit there is to this, but local code execution is a vector for nefarious means. This was posted in a Titanfall 2 Discord.

** Resolved **

vpimapow5cm71.jpg

There are reports of the game crashing for connected clients right now on Titanfall2 Subreddit.

Last edited:

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Who is this DirectXeon guy? Do they work for Respawn?

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ha, I literally installed this yesterday to give it a try. Will uninstall and wait a bit, I guess.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
I can confirm that the game keeps crashing whenever I get into a match.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
they'll have to pull the plug on its servers if it's a massive exploit. wonder if this affects Apex in anyway

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
God, what is it with Titanfall that attracts the crazies that do shit like this? Is this retaliation from the crazy shit from like last month of people getting exposed for being behind shit like this?

I'd really like to play Titanfall again at some point :/

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gotta wonder at what point EA just says F it, and shuts down the server. When does the cost outweigh the benefit?

So shitty this happened either way.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Is this the work again of that crazy dude that was doing crazy shit with the servers on here and they were a user here and basically outed themsleves before the connections were made? Lol

Hikariixx

One Winged Slayer
Nov 19, 2020
It should definitely be temporarily taken down until it is no longer compromised.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Titanfall 2 deserves so much better than this.

I still play the MP on occasion but looks like I can't even do that for the foreseeable future.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is this the work again of that crazy dude that was doing crazy shit with the servers on here and they were a user here and basically outed themsleves before the connections were made? Lol

Wait this was a thing? I remember the TF2 servers were hacked a bit ago but the person responsible posted here and snitched on themselves? Lol.

Oct 25, 2017
I can't say if this is legit, but if people are playing Titanfall 2 and the game is crashing, there's something going on. Before Titanfall 1 got completely killed, there was a hacker doing a script that crashed everyone's game in the lobby that the hacker was in.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how credible this DirectXeon guy is and I've seen zero proof of computers being compromised so this feels fishy to me? Obviously I'm not gonna try it and find out, but idk. Games freezing and crashing doesn't necessarily mean a dude has access to your kernel.

I would still avoid playing the game until there's proof one way or the other but something about this rubs me the wrong way especially since there's already been some shady shit in the titanfall community

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
This whole Titanfall 2 kerfuffle keeps getting better and better. I wonder what's gonna happen next.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Wait this was a thing? I remember the TF2 servers were hacked a bit ago but the person responsible posted here and snitched on themselves? Lol.
this thread was a ride lol.

www.resetera.com

Wild Story of the Day: Titanfall community shocked as their "savior" is revealed to be the infamous server hacker. Update: Check the threadmark.

https://savetitanfall.com/transparency-to-community https://kotaku.com/apex-legends-hackers-exposed-for-plotting-wild-scheme-1847439178 This story is pretty wild. Context/TLDR: The Titanfall 1/2 servers have been unplayable for months now, due to someone hacking the servers and launching DDOS...

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
this thread was a ride lol.

www.resetera.com

Wild Story of the Day: Titanfall community shocked as their "savior" is revealed to be the infamous server hacker. Update: Check the threadmark.

https://savetitanfall.com/transparency-to-community https://kotaku.com/apex-legends-hackers-exposed-for-plotting-wild-scheme-1847439178 This story is pretty wild. Context/TLDR: The Titanfall 1/2 servers have been unplayable for months now, due to someone hacking the servers and launching DDOS...

Wow. Can't wait to read through this lol

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Why do these weirdos keep attacking this great game? SIGH I'll uninstall when I am able later today.

Sabot

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017
Stinks of FUD. the tf2 situation sucks, but I haven't seen anything serving as proof of this specific claim.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know how credible this DirectXeon guy is and I've seen zero proof of computers being compromised so this feels fishy to me? Obviously I'm not gonna try it and find out, but idk. Games freezing and crashing doesn't necessarily mean a dude has access to your kernel.

I would still avoid playing the game until there's proof one way or the other but something about this rubs me the wrong way especially since there's already been some shady shit in the titanfall community
Yeah. Last I heard the Titanfall community completely believed one guy who ended up being the hacker they were condemning.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Shit if this true this really fucking sucks. Hopefully Respawn/EA will come out with a statement sooner rather than later.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
We have no actual evidence of this so I'm going to call bullshit as this is my take: