• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 10, 2018
Fucking loved this show, haven't binged a show this fast since Daredevil S1.

Loved how different it was from Marvel's shows on Netflix.

Does Netflix have the rights for more DC based shows now? and anyone recommend a similar show to Titans?
It's only on Netflix internationally. It's on DC universe in the U.S along with Young Justice and the upcoming Doom Patrol, Swamp Thing and Stargirl series.

Like Titans, those shows will be on Netflix outside the U.S a few weeks after the season finishes airing on D.C universe.

The CW DC shows get released on Netflix shortly after their season ends.

Last edited:

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Binge watched the 11 episodes in netflix last sunday, i was surprised on how good the show was, definitely made a bad first impression, but in the end this show pulls it off.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
This was fine. The first few episodes were pretty terrible. It got into its stride though. This Raven is a terribly written character though.

I want a Hawk and Dove show!

obin_gam

Oct 25, 2017
Sollefteå, Sweden
They are supposedly focusing on the tiger boy and violet woman in season 2. I mean - what a downgrade from focusing on Batman proteges. It would have been more sensible to get their story out of the way in the first season, and then do the dick bats mythos in the second, firing all canons sotospeak. But now when you already have had "DCs no 1" story... how are they going to top that?

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They are supposedly focusing on the tiger boy and violet woman in season 2. I mean - what a downgrade from focusing on Batman proteges. It would have been more sensible to get their story out of the way in the first season, and then do the dick bats mythos in the second, firing all canons sotospeak. But now when you already have had "DCs no 1" story... how are they going to top that?
Well, the show is called Titans.

Beast Boy and Starfire are major players in the mythos and history. The Bat family does not figure hugely into their history and backstory when weighed against other members and adversaries. In fact the show would be better off cutting most of the Bat family stuff and focusing on the more interesting other members of the team.

borghe

Oct 27, 2017
agreed that Raven is terribly written.. but the actress is fine enough... she just needs way better storylines to work with and actually needs to have her character more tightly incorporated instead of just a set piece.

overall the show is outstanding. and yeah Hawk and Dove are among the best parts of it.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine with all the Bat related stuff, focusing on Dick so much is what kept me so interested for the most part. I'd happily take a Nigthtwing show like yesterday. That said even if I don't really care for this Raven as a character everyone else was okay to great and I was so happy to see Donna pop up.

DC did good with this and i'm looking forward to season 2 plus Doom Patrol next month.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Donna Troy is my favourite so far. The way she took down Starfire with her lasso was legit!

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Well, the show is called Titans.

Beast Boy and Starfire are major players in the mythos and history. The Bat family does not figure hugely into their history and backstory when weighed against other members and adversaries. In fact the show would be better off cutting most of the Bat family stuff and focusing on the more interesting other members of the team.
Outside of Hawk and Dove the Bat stuff is probably the strongest material in the show. That said, they should definitely be focusing on the other characters more, not just making it the Bat-family show. Though I'd totally watch that.

can we also point out how creepy the gar / raven thing is? dude looks twice her age
He almost is. Gar's actor is 23 while Raven's is 14. I have no clue why they cast their actor's ages so far apart knowing there'd be a romance between them.

Last edited:

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
He almost is. Gar's actor is 23 while Raven's is 14. I have no clue why they cast their actor's ages so far apart knowing there'd be a romance between them.
It is weird they went as high as they did with Gar's actor. I can understanding wanting Raven's actress to actually be 14. I think it really works with her and it plays into the big brother, little sister vibe they're going with between her and Dick. I imagine that was was higher priority list. Maybe they felt Gar's actor was young looking enough they could make him work and break the relationship off if it didn't.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
agreed that Raven is terribly written.. but the actress is fine enough... she just needs way better storylines to work with and actually needs to have her character more tightly incorporated instead of just a set piece.

overall the show is outstanding. and yeah Hawk and Dove are among the best parts of it.

Hawk and Dove seemed like the show was part Watchmen and those parts were pretty great.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Didn't like Hawk, they made him a total douche. Finished first five eps, I like how much they integrate Batman stuff in, Marvel Netflix shows were pretty constrained in that area.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Wait... I just realized that would be her Wonder Girl outfit, right?

WonderGirl_TT23cvr-1.jpg

But, doesn't she rock this now?

ySGACHw.png

5942508-donna+troy.jpg

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I watched this recently and found it to be... OK. Every episode not focusing on the core Titans feels like a gigantic waste of time, though. And that last episode was awful.

The grimdark storylines and world clash so much with the larger-than-life stories they're trying to tell. It feels like a microcosm of the issues DC's movies have.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Yeah, the edginess reminds me of the post DKR/Watchmen era of comics where everyone was violent and a killer and an antihero and kids ate it up. I mean, I don't need my heroes to be pristine but I'd prefer them not being murderers (and then having a major beef with another hero because they happened to kill someone... while they've been killing/maiming people the whole season). And that "finale." Ugh, what a waste of time. The whole time I'm just waiting for them to get over this obvious dream sequence so we can wrap some storylines up but nope, why do that?

Also I had a major problem with the Hawk and Dove episode. I know people loved it, but it was poorly placed, and these people are psychopaths. The guy absolutely deserved it but it was basically like an adaptation of Kick Ass or something, and I didn't detect any irony at all.

However, Donna Troy was awesome.

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
I love Donna's new costume in comics, but the red one is fine.

Yeah, the edginess reminds me of the post DKR/Watchmen era of comics where everyone was violent and a killer and an antihero and kids ate it up. I mean, I don't need my heroes to be pristine but I'd prefer them not being murderers (and then having a major beef with another hero because they happened to kill someone... while they've been killing/maiming people the whole season). And that "finale." Ugh, what a waste of time. The whole time I'm just waiting for them to get over this obvious dream sequence so we can wrap some storylines up but nope, why do that?

Also I had a major problem with the Hawk and Dove episode. I know people loved it, but it was poorly placed, and these people are psychopaths. The guy absolutely deserved it but it was basically like an adaptation of Kick Ass or something, and I didn't detect any irony at all.

However, Donna Troy was awesome.

My understanding is the finale we saw was actually originally the penultimate episode. Like, originally Trigon was completely dealt with in the final episodes.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

what at incredible stupid thing to say >_> titans is not only Robin and friends even if that is what you like, and with the Super Boy teaser at the end of the season it is obvious that they will try to emulate Young Justice only live-action

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I love Donna's new costume in comics, but the red one is fine.

My understanding is the finale we saw was actually originally the penultimate episode. Like, originally Trigon was completely dealt with in the final episodes.

I get that, but it still made for a really crappy finale. I understand wanting to end on a cliffhanger but that is not the way you do it.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Did the Hawk & Dove episode's "Raven needs help" thing ever amount to anything? (I skimmed that episode 'cause I was so tired of Hawk.) I'm wondering if everything after their capture by the... uh... Collective or w/e has just been as much misdirection as the finale.

It would be one way to redeem Titan's heroes.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Did the Hawk & Dove episode's "Raven needs help" thing ever amount to anything? (I skimmed that episode 'cause I was so tired of Hawk.) I'm wondering if everything after their capture by the... uh... Collective or w/e has just been as much misdirection as the finale.

It would be one way to redeem Titan's heroes.

I don't think so, they're not that subtle. For instance, they could have tried a little harder to make us believe that finale was really in the future, but they hit you over the head with the mirror moments and Trigon and everything.

I figured Raven telling them to go find Jason Todd was supposed to setup for the true finale, which we'll finally see what, next year at this point? They'll probably resolve the Trigon arc in the first couple of episodes and move on to Deathstroke and co. I doubt we'll ever find out what that organization was doing with Raven's mom, why she seemed to be a captive, etc.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think so, they're not that subtle. For instance, they could have tried a little harder to make us believe that finale was really in the future, but they hit you over the head with the mirror moments and Trigon and everything.

I figured Raven telling them to go find Jason Todd was supposed to setup for the true finale, which we'll finally see what, next year at this point? They'll probably resolve the Trigon arc in the first couple of episodes and move on to Deathstroke and co. I doubt we'll ever find out what that organization was doing with Raven's mom, why she seemed to be a captive, etc.
Oh yeah, that clandestine org sure went down quick. That never really sank in to me, lol.

I also thought they'd brainwash Robin or Todd at some point. Why introduce brainwashing only to do nothing with it.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

i dont think they tried to be subtle at all, i mean everytime robin chose the path of light, something happened with effects and all to make him take the other path.

i chose you dawn, SHINY THINGS, hey im jason todd and batman is getting insane, and over and over.

Trigon saying that it was Dick's free will that took him the dark path, it is totally bullshit

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
i dont think they tried to be subtle at all, i mean everytime robin chose the path of light, something happened with effects and all to make him take the other path.

i chose you dawn, SHINY THINGS, hey im jason todd and batman is getting insane, and over and over.

Trigon saying that it was Dick's free will that took him the dark path, it is totally bullshit

That's what I mean, they weren't subtle at all. Which means that no way is this a red herring and they're still captured, it just isn't that kind of show.

Well, Dick still chose what he did, though Trigon obviously influenced things to guide him there. I still think this is BS:
Dick: Well Batman, now you've gone too far, I'm going to turn you in
Batman: Why?
Dick: You tried to kill a criminal!
B: Didn't you just get through burning an asylum full of people without first checking to see who was in it? Plus I seem to remember you stabbing a dude in the balls. And each one of your little proteges has killed or maimed someone.
D: But, but... you hurt policemen!
B: You're ex girlfriend over there maimed two policemen just doing their job, then incinerated a few agents in a train. Oh but now she's some kind of federal agent.
D: You, you killed Starfire!
B: Oh you mean the woman that was going to incinerate me? Yeah. Thanks for bringing all these cops here btw, since Gotham isn't at all a cesspool and it's a great use of the limited resources in the Gotham PD. You led them right to their deaths. I mean, I didn't kill them, but you sure did when you triggered the explosions, so great job on that. Also way to take the lead by hanging back in the van.
D: I'll kill you even though you're helpless because I'm sooo frustrated that Hank is banging Dawn while I'm gone and she's not even trying to hide it!

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Me and my boyfriend were giggling like schoolgirls every time they said Dick.

We enjoyed the series but it really could have done with a proper finale. Happy there is a second season coming.

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Fuck Superman"

Really hope we get this line for laughs.

Still hoping for a Muslim Violet Harper aka Halo announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.