• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Titans will premiere on October 12 - on the DC Universe streaming service in the U.S. and will air at some point on Netflix internationally. New episodes weekly.

titans-poster.jpg
Titans follows young heroes from across the DC Universe as they come of age and find belonging in a gritty take on the classic Teen Titans franchise. Dick Grayson and Rachel Roth, a special young girl possessed by a strange darkness, get embroiled in a conspiracy that could bring Hell on Earth. Joining them along the way are the hot-headed Starfire and loveable Beast Boy. Together they become a surrogate family and team of heroes.

Main Cast
Brenton Thwaites as Richard "Dick" Grayson / Robin
Anna Diop as Koriand'r / "Kory" / Starfire
Teagan Croft as Rachel Roth / Raven
Ryan Potter as Garfield "Gar" Logan / Beast Boy

Recurring / Guest Stars

Alan Ritchson as Hank Hall / Hawk
Minka Kelly as Dawn Granger / Dove
Bruno Bichir as Niles Caulder / Chief
April Bowlby as Rita Farr / Elasti-Woman
Jake Michaels as Clifford Steele / Robotman
Dwain Murphy as Larry Trainor / Negative Man
Curran Walters as Jason Todd / Robin
Conor Leslie as Donna Troy / Wonder Girl
Elliot Knight as Don Hall / Dove

Review Thread | 86% Fresh RT

titansbannerobih2.png

titansbanner25xc2a.png

Last edited:

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
What's up with the Doom Patrol spin-off sharing none of the same actors that are playing them here?

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
I'm currently in the middle of season 3 of Teen Titans the cartoon. It's such a goofy, funny show, so this live version is just a little bit different. I'm not sure what to think.

Is Wil Wheaton going to play Aqualad? Maybe they can get Ron Perlman to be Slade.
OK, maybe not.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Oh, Hawk and Dove aren't part of the main team?
They're listed as recurring, so potentially they'll be in a lot, but the core four is just that.

I'm currently in the middle of season 3 of Teen Titans the cartoon. It's such a goofy, funny show, so this live version is just a little bit different. I'm not sure what to think.
As is mentioned a lot, the cartoon being goofy is the outlier. The comics were always pretty edgy and dark.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
They're listed as recurring, so potentially they'll be in a lot, but the core four is just that.

As is mentioned a lot, the cartoon being goofy is the outlier. The comics were always pretty edgy and dark.

The comics were dark, but some of the violence in this still seems way out of place. That's probably a product of the times, though, considering what the comics code would allow back then (and Wolfman and Perez and co. put a lot of stuff into it... cults, drugs, underage sex, intergalactic slavery, etc.) But stabbing a dude in the junk still seems out of place to me.

gilded_Pb

Oct 27, 2017
I hope this sticks with me. I've dropped all the CW stuff. I also love that they seem to be owning how dark this looks.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Going to give the show a shot. Also, October 12 isn't Batman Day. The DC Universe app came out on Batman day last month.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Not a big fan of the weekly release, but I totally get why they would want to release it that way.

Hope this does really well. Didnt they say something about a Season 2 was already confirmed at NYCC?

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
The superhero effects are not going to be cheap for some of the characters. I hope the action looks decent enough.
I'm expecting a lot of that dark, edgy, melodrama and a limited amount of superhero action. The fighting is probably going be Robin doing a lot of beat-em-ups. Please don't be like Arrow.

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
I thought Netflix hadn't announced a release date yet? I'm assuming if it was actually coming on October 12, they'd have included that information in the announcement trailer.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like 12 eps... and Doom Patrol on DC Universe is a spin-off, shared universe show that will introduce Cyborg who will go to Titans at some point

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably redeem the free trial when it's close to the finale and then binge it. I'd love to subscribe and watch it weekly, but I don't think I can justify another subscription service right now.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
How many episodes will the first season be? The usual 10-13?
The first announcement was 13 episodes, then it was changed to 12 episodes, and now I'm seeing Variety report it's 11 episodes. So it's probably 11-12. If you can't tell finding accurate information about this show is a bitch, it's not easy like with The CW's well oiled press releases.

gryvan

Brooklyn Rage
Oct 25, 2017
This was a series all this time????????
I thought it was a movie...

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
The first announcement was 13 episodes, then it was changed to 12 episodes, and now I'm seeing Variety report it's 11 episodes. So it's probably 11-12. If you can't tell finding accurate information about this show is a bitch, it's not easy like with The CW's well oiled press releases.
Don't worry, I've definitely noticed. You've done a great job with the limited information available.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it's a pretty bold statement right there, a crossover is very very unlikely.. not impossible but very unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.