• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
This episode was phenomenal. Great work by Geoff Johns. While it's an odd placement for the Hawk and Dove origin story, the little bits here and there with Rachel trying to reach out to them and the scene when Dawn wakes up I think did a great job of tying everything together. Pretty much every single scene in the episode felt just right to me.

And damn at that preview next week. Donna lassoing Starfire looked so good. I can't wait to see how they bring all of the different plots together. And it looks like we might get more of an overt Trigon bit next week.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Whew... that was an episode. Hot. Kinda cool how they actually did the real Hawk and Dove first. Guess they're gonna save the time between their first night together to where we are now for their own series or future flash backs if they don't move forward with it. A little confused as to when Dawn and Dick would've been together.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
As a stand alone origin. It's good

This non-Titans story just reminds of BvS showing off the other JLA characters. Fast tracking the universe.
Unless Dove and Hawk becomes a party member or plays a major role later. The last scene might, but how substantial we'll see

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
It was very low budget CG, car physics looked all off.
This is my gripe with the show. For a DC show that's supposed to do more that CW shows tons of these effects look straight out the 90's bad. The budget needs to go up immensely. I'm not talking movie budgets but, have some dignity lol.

The episode was good. Sad back story and a good explanation for both the characters.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
It's not the budget lmao. It's the studio. And they're not changing it anytime soon. ENCORE VFX works on all the Berlanti shows.Y'all really gotta learn more about the relationship between budget and animation/cgi

Last edited:

obin_gam

Oct 25, 2017
Sollefteå, Sweden
So in about a month it's coming to me to watch... is this similar to any other series?
Darkbad as Gotham? Melodramatic as the CW shows? Darkviolent as the Netflix shows? Teenageesque as Smallville?

What should I be expecting?

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
So in about a month it's coming to me to watch... is this similar to any other series?
Darkbad as Gotham? Melodramatic as the CW shows? Darkviolent as the Netflix shows? Teenageesque as Smallville?

What should I be expecting?

It's hard to fit into any of those boxes.
Like it's a little of most of them?

It's kind of dark with a strange sense of humor like Gotham
It's characters wear their emotions visibly like on CW show, but are a bit more mature at handling it.
The fights are cool, but also super infrequent.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's not the budget lmao. It's the studio. And they're not changing it anytime soon. ENCORE VFX works on all the Berlanti shows.Y'all really gotta learn more about the relationship between budget and animation/cgi

Yeah there's a Fatman on Batman podcast with the head of the FX team at Encore and he talks about how having shared assets helps them. They also budget their FX out so that savings from a few episodes can lead to extra funds for major FX shots (Gorilla City or King Shark, for example). Finally, that studio really focuses on making the most of a limited budget.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I was disappointed at first, realizing this is an origins episode for these two side characters.
That quickly turned around, this episode was amazing. I actually forgot all about the titans for some time and completely dived in the episode and its tragedy. Well done!

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
That fucking death scene made me laugh so fucking hard. What the fuck why is Titans so inconsistent lmao.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm count me in the cringe column for this episode. For me, this was the first big miss of the season. I find Kelley to be a terrible actress and the plot of this episode was too corny for me. I like some of the darker aspects but the get to know you montage with the pizza and scones was eye roll city. That said. Alan Ritchson can definitely parade around naked all day as far as I'm concerned.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Is it wrong that I still see Hawk as Thad Castle? Either way, I'm definitely liking the show so far, more than I expected to.

Penguin

Oct 25, 2017
New York
This episode was strange

I feel like should have been an episode between this one and the next. Like want more time with the status quo, but heading into the finale.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

THE PROMO FOR THE FINALE.

UFGhKcq.png

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
Gonna be honest, I see Titans a lot like Legends season 1. I'd rather see the show led by Donna than Dick or Kory or Rachel.

Penguin

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Well to be fair, WB is running with it

Featured on EW and the sorts

Made a thread for the trailer (but didn't say spoiler)

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
So yeah, this is a hallucination/alternative universe brought on by Trigon. He's the cop who talking to Dick about Batman.

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Man. This show is better than anything DC has done in cinema in years. I just finished the doom patrol episode and holy shit, this show is amazing. Towers above the movies even. DC should just keep making these and become the HBO of comic shows.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
uhm, this episode.

I love how every episode just seems to end abruptly.

also, does that guy at the end have a name?

Oct 25, 2017
Man, that was a fucking crazy episode. And the trailer for the finale looked amazing. This show has been insane. I can't wait to see what they'll do for a second season after this.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, I've been slipping keeping up with this show and just caught up. That Hawk and Dove episode was fucking EXCELLENT. Just fucking great on every level, I want more of that and less pew, pew. The most recent episode was alright, but was a beat weak since it was all about plot and not so much character. Still, the ending is setting up some wild ass shit for the finale.

Status
Not open for further replies.