• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
The only reason mention early 2020 is we know the first year of DC Universe, and it does seem like they are keen on not overlapping shows

DutcUVNXcAARnRl.jpg:large

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Woah, Stargirl is getting her own show too? holy crap

While Marvel might rule the big screen it seems DC is ruling the small screen.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
We shall see
I mean it may be possible, but with animation needing a longer run up time, I can see them keeping that at bay

Yeah YJ and Harley are different. But the rest...you want to get to a point where you're offering several new series at once. So like I can see Titans S2 launching the month after Stargirl, for instance. Especially when two episodes from this season were cut off to put into next season.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
but they cant say fuck on CW.

Would love to see Stephen join Titans though.

Just to hear Amell say; you have failed this fucking city.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah YJ and Harley are different. But the rest...you want to get to a point where you're offering several new series at once. So like I can see Titans S2 launching the month after Stargirl, for instance. Especially when two episodes from this season were cut off to put into next season.

Don't see them running two live action shows simultaneously anytime soon. One live action and one animation is possible.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Don't see them running two live action shows simultaneously anytime soon. One live action and one animation is possible.

Well it'll already be a live action and an animation at once in February. Young Justice is, presumably getting a 26 episode season split in half. It'll be a third of the way through its run before Doom Patrol.

But there's no reason not to try and get two shows airing at once if you can. In fact if Titans doesn't come back by next October that's kind of...weird. It'll have been off an entire year.

Penguin

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Well it'll already be a live action and an animation at once in February. Young Justice is, presumably getting a 26 episode season split in half. It'll be a third of the way through its run before Doom Patrol.

But there's no reason not to try and get two shows airing at once if you can. In fact if Titans doesn't come back by next October that's kind of...weird. It'll have been off an entire year.
Naw young Justice is burning off 3 episodes a week so it will wrap up before Doom Patrol

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I'm more likely to sign up if I'm not being dripfed content. This wasn't even a hard thing to figure out. why the fuck are you burning through three episodes a week anyway? This was a slam dunk--one episode a week, leading into Doom Patrol in February. Presumably this was a Netflix request--Young Justice was brought back through Netflix, so maybe they want the show ASAP?

Penguin

Oct 25, 2017
New York
I'm more likely to sign up if I'm not being dripfed content. This wasn't even a hard thing to figure out. why the fuck are you burning through three episodes a week anyway? This was a slam dunk--one episode a week, leading into Doom Patrol in February. Presumably this was a Netflix request--Young Justice was brought back through Netflix, so maybe they want the show ASAP?
Pretty sure this is all them
And imagine it's because of the shorter run time
People are more keen to get 1-40 minute episode a week then a 20 minute one.

And still don't completely understand your logic

It's somehow worse to get more episodes of Young Justice up front then it would be to spread it out over half a year?

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure this is all them
And imagine it's because of the shorter run time
People are more keen to get 1-40 minute episode a week then a 20 minute one.

And still don't completely understand your logic

It's somehow worse to get more episodes of Young Justice up front then it would be to spread it out over half a year?

That assumption is based off the idea that I'm going to pay for the service regardless. If you're trying to continually convince me it'd make more sense to give me more reasons to come back every week.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
But they're gonna be a new episode of whatever show throughout the whole year. Each show will directly lead to the next with little to no downtime.So I don't get the problem?

DCU has a lot of problems but how they schedule they're content is not one of them lol.

Penguin

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Two reasons to come back every week is better than one? Literally all I'm arguing here lol.

I get that, but in a content driven world, it's probably smarter to do it this way so there's no gap in stuff you wanna watch.

And then they have stuff like DC Daily.
And something hope do more of with Young Justice Enhanced, sure it's just director/cast commentary, but key episodes and a reason to revisit some of the classic content that's just sitting there.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think that like Netflix and HBO Now/Go the value proposition improves over time as they build up their library of content that you can only get through them. Right now Titans and old stuff is all that's available. In a year there will be quite a lot of original content that has built up + whatever is coming out at the time.

maxglute

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Surprised at how well this show works. Now I look forward to live action Teen Titans Go, aka DC It's Always Sunny Jump City.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
I love this show but I hate how it's just random scenes in random episodes stitched together.

There's no flow. No overarching plot. Things are just happening. One second the plot kicks in, the next nothing is happening.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Is this coming to US Netflix
No. Just Netflix internationally.

As a side note. If you are able to get your hands on the apk for the Fire TV version it does run on the Kindle Fire HD table. I have the 8 (6th gen) version and it runs without any issues so far. However it's clearly made to be used with the Fire TV remote so you can't add closed captions since there is no option to do so in touch wise in the app. It hasn't crashed on me yet. So maybe a Kindle Fire app is coming sooner rather then later. It's not an matter of the tablets specs I think going by performance.

Penguin

Oct 25, 2017
New York
I love this show but I hate how it's just random scenes in random episodes stitched together.

There's no flow. No overarching plot. Things are just happening. One second the plot kicks in, the next nothing is happening.

I kind of get what you mean
But at the same time, I guess that's the point?

Like if I were to view season 1, it has a ton of great episodes, but if someone asked me to describe the overall arc of the season... it feels more like a very prolonged issue 1 of a comic where it's introducing the players and giving us some info on them, but there isn't actually like a central plot yet. A ton of threads.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
I kind of get what you mean
But at the same time, I guess that's the point?

Like if I were to view season 1, it has a ton of great episodes, but if someone asked me to describe the overall arc of the season... it feels more like a very prolonged issue 1 of a comic where it's introducing the players and giving us some info on them, but there isn't actually like a central plot yet. A ton of threads.

There was a very, very loose plot. Which was to build up Trigon as a season 2 baddie and unite the Titans. So this season kinda worked?

But it irks me that they've essentially cut off the final few episodes and reshuffled them into season 2. It doesn't give me much hope. But I guess we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.