• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
My episode just cut off during the credits... I didn't see any teaser. WTF?

EDIT - Wait, I went back and it finally finished playing... whoa. Was not expecting that.

Oct 25, 2017
Man, that was a really intense finale. I need Season 2 right now. Especially with that post-credits scene.

This whole season really was peak superhero television.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO'

THAT FUCKING END CREDITS SCENE THO

HOLY FUCKING SHIT BOY

I guess that wasnt Superman though? Either way, the scene was cool as fuck, with Krypto.
and swole as hell

gilded_Pb

Oct 27, 2017
Great episode but this... did not feel like a finale. Man I cant believe theyre gonna make us wait so long for season 2 after this.

Also this episode just made me REALLY want them to do a Batman series. And the post credits tease caught me off guard. Fuck yea.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Something I really didn't think would work with me but totally did was them hiding Batman in shadows and camera angles trickery, that made him actually more badass.

Greendomo

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the episode was good, but really underwhelming as far as a season finale goes. Wonder what episode 12 was originally like.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Man, Kon-El is a fucking UNIT.

I don't know why we needed an entire episode dedicated to an illusion.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
That was really fucking wack lol. Don't really care for the Johns version of Superboy but ok.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Now that gets you hyped for season 2, got damn. Shame we have to wait so damn long!

But damn, I wanted dick to not give into the darkness and break free, but no doubt that has to be his arc for season 2, him finally becoming Nightwing.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Decided to finally catch up and watch the reaming episodes, along with the finale tonight, and I just dont even know where to start lol.

First of all, this season was terribly structured. There were 2 backdoor pilots thrown in for Doom Patrol and Hawk and Dove, then a Hawk and Dove origin episode. Once the plot finally felt like it was going to start moving forward, they would end up doing an entire episode centered around something else, like the new Robin. Then that "finale" lol. That is how you do a mid season finale, not an entire season. If thats how you end the first season, this show should have been called Dick Grayson and friends.

Had this show just been a regular show, not based on an existing comic book property, I dont think people would let most of these things fly.

Im excited for Doom Patrol and Swamp Thing. Hopefully they will be more self contained and have better plotting. Titans should have been a slam dunk.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really conflicted. I think this was a great episode (if you weren't watching the show the trailer is very WTF but it makes sense very early on if you saw the end of episode 10) but I don't like that they held back episode 12 which I think is the true season finale. Cause this is a cliffhanger but it's not a season finale. It doesn't have the finality to it. It's a clearly a part 1 of maybe 2 or 3 if you count episode 10. Now I think I they held it to back to be the season 2 premiere. Maybe they felt the ending of this and the stinger would be be enough to hype people up? I think both of those were great, the stinger is unexpected but super hype but I feel kinda let down that there isn't a true closure to the season. We have to wait until maybe Fall 2019 to get season 2!?

I'm hoping they change their mind and drop what would have been episode 12.

I've really enjoyed this season. I feel episode 1 is indeed the weakest episode. The pace moved quickly. I don't mind at the detours they took for this reason. The show is called Titans but Dick, Kory, Gar, and Raven aren't the only Titans. That title refers to Hawk, Dove and Donna as well. Like a novel or a comic we sometimes will shift focus to another PoV who will come into the story proper at a later date. It can be a little jaring and annoying I think to go from one big episode to a Hawk and Dove backstory (which was also important) but that was an amazing episode and sometimes you just have to give a break after certain episodes. A number of things will be happening at the same time.

My only real negative is that episode 11 is how they end the season and that's really because the episode itself screamed there is more.

Last edited:

maxglute

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good episode, weak finale. Wonder what the titles of the 2 cut episodes would have been to flesh out this season.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Good episode, weak finale. Wonder what the titles of the 2 cut episodes would have been to flesh out this season.
There's only one episode cut and it was called Raven. So I'd assume Dick'll be free quickly due to Raven finally controlling her powers completely and saving the day, though I would doubt they'd fully beat Trigon.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Because each season zeroes in on two main characters. This season is Robin and Rachel and next season is Kory and Gar. This was said by Johns before the whole thing even started

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Because each season zeroes in on two main characters. This season is Robin and Rachel and next season is Kory and Gar. This was said by Johns before the whole thing even started
How did you feel about the season ending like that?

I dont mind them focusing in on Dick, but I do think they took it a bit too far, or spent too much time on just him and other characters that werent even on the Titans team. (if you can actually even call them a team by the end) If Season 2 is just called Season 1 Part 2 (like Sabrina on Netflix) I think alot of my problems would go away, when you can watch both parts together as a whole.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Dick didn't go in with the police at the Wayne manor. He knew about the prep time.

Doesn't seem like a finale. More of a penultimate episode.

Superboy is a big fan and got a Tattoo

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Decided to finally catch up and watch the reaming episodes, along with the finale tonight, and I just dont even know where to start lol.

First of all, this season was terribly structured. There were 2 backdoor pilots thrown in for Doom Patrol and Hawk and Dove, then a Hawk and Dove origin episode. Once the plot finally felt like it was going to start moving forward, they would end up doing an entire episode centered around something else, like the new Robin. Then that "finale" lol. That is how you do a mid season finale, not an entire season. If thats how you end the first season, this show should have been called Dick Grayson and friends.

You just described the Teen Titans.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
The season felt like I'm reading a solicit than a comic book.
It's flashy. Here's Doom Patrol watch it later.
Hawk and Dove maybe (future series)
We have something flashy too
Here's Batman and Tattoo Superman

Rather than having a substance of a storyline

Oct 26, 2017
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO'

HOLY FUCKING SHIT BOY

I guess that wasnt Superman though? Either way, the scene was cool as fuck, with Krypto.
and swole as hell
Come on now... If you know your teen titans then you'll know who that was.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently one full episode was cut called "Raven", which was supposed to be the actual finale (remember when people said this episode was supposed to be 2 hours?). Also a Starfire origin episode was shot I think.

They sliced and diced this season quite a bit in post production supposedly.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I dont know who the teen titans are bro, its why I'm watching and learning.

Have you watched Young Justice ?

Apparently one full episode was cut called "Raven", which was supposed to be the actual finale (remember when people said this episode was supposed to be 2 hours?). Also a Starfire origin episode was shot I think.

What the fuck, that actually explains a LOT, specially that I remember reading that they casted Starfire's sister

May 10, 2018
I enjoyed the episode but it didn't work as a finale at all. It felt more like the season 2 premiere after Robin gets brainwashed failing to stop Trigon in the season 1 finale.

Anyways post credit scene was hype.

Oct 25, 2017

So we should have some promising stuff right from the start next season. They've built a pretty good foundation here to build on.

bear force one

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
An interview on DC Daily pretty much stated that the plan for every season was to give focus to a different member, so this year was Dick.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Just watched it.

Fucking loved it. I NEED a Batman show.

Also, that after credits scene was dope as fuck.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
whew, is there an ETA on season 2? is it even shooting
The safe guess is that they won't air season two until January/Feb of 2020, but who knows. They're supposed to start shooting this spring. Like Penguin said earlier in this thread, it doesn't seem like they want to have two live action shows going at the same time. They might change that though once they get enough content.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Wait? 2020!?

449394250413637642.png

kamineko

Linked the Fire
Oct 25, 2017
Accardi-by-the-Sea
The safe guess is that they won't air season two until January/Feb of 2020, but who knows. They're supposed to start shooting this spring. Like Penguin said earlier in this thread, it doesn't seem like they want to have two live action shows going at the same time. They might change that though once they get enough content.

I get the logic but dang that wait is going to hurt. Oh well, Doom Patrol looks good.

Thanks for the response!

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Though, the more I think about it; by next October (and the 1 year anniversary of Titans) it seems like they'd just want to air it at the same time next fall. And what better way to celebrate a year of DC Universe than to have two live action shows going on at once? As well as the Harley animated show. They could have 3 original shows a week for 12+ weeks.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Though, the more I think about it; by next October (and the 1 year anniversary of Titans) it seems like they'd just want to air it at the same time next fall. And what better way to celebrate a year of DC Universe than to have two live action shows going on at once? As well as the Harley animated show. They could have 3 original shows a week for 12+ weeks.
That's if DC Universe is not dissolved and the shows intergrated into the new Warner Service

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
So finally some more insight in Batman. It feels natural that Batman is only held back by a code, not by any empathy or the likes.

Considering the awesome Dick Grayson they put in compared to the lackluster Kory and Gar, I hope it doesn't backfire. I love it when the show is structured around him.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
WHAT A FINALE GODDAMN

That being said, I really hate TV shows that dont finish a plotline in a season. I feel like nothing really was accomplished in the end. They should have finished that story and teased at another, similar to the CW shows. Unless the entire series is going to be one long continuous story.

JackDT

Oct 27, 2017
Uh, not looking forward to a dark and enjoy Superman standin, which I guess Superboy is. Lay off the grimdark!

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017

HOLY FUCKING SHIT BOY

and swole as hell
That is likely meant to be Connor Kent, Kon-el, Superboy (as in the good superboy from after the Death of Superman ((Yes the one with the nonsense shades and leather jacket. He got better))

Status
Not open for further replies.