• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I liked the finale. Damn great season all around. Reminded me of Daredevil S1. I hated that cliffhanger ending though.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
I remember this show taking a lot of a shit before it came out for the whole "F Batman" thing but having recently caught up I just wanted to say that this is probably my new favorite DC show next too Gotham and Legends of Tomorrow.

I wish the season was longer. 11 episodes just wasn't enough for me and there were some issues here and there (production problems and such) but I am fully expecting an even better season 2. This is a great show and I am excited for more as well as the other DC Universe projects. Doom Patrol was also quite bad ass and fun. Do we know how many episodes season 2 will consist of?

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Got around to watching the finale and going to echo the sentiments that it's a good episode but a terrible finale. Not sure what the hell they were thinking cutting the last episode out for next season because it doesn't work at all, but that's kind of par for the course for the season structure. Even though I liked pretty much every episode individually, the pacing of the season's episodes was all over the place and I hope they work on that next time around. Way too much stop/starting throughout.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
The only real actual admittance to re-shoots was when Alan (Hawk) was on DC Daily with Ryan, Curran, and Conor and he said they re-shot the entire Hawk and Dove intro scene. Originally he wasn't supposed to be tied up and tortured. They were just gonna drop in and beat the fuck out of those guys and be done with it. But since it was a little too close to the Robin team up flash back scene, they decided they could do a different approach.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
kjzgfb9qd1821.jpg

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Throwing Netflix original on everything kinda sucks. They should have original vs exclusive label or something

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Throwing Netflix original on everything kinda sucks. They should have original vs exclusive label or something
That is pretty annoying as the original label isn't even remotely accurate a times.

I do like the poster. Some have talked about how the Hawk and Dove episodes take away from the Titans but they are Titans. The show is about the members that will make up the team and that isn't limited to Robin, Starfire, Raven, and Beast Boy. In fact someone else should be on that poster but since they come in on the second half of the season I guess they're leaving them off. That team is looking like it's going to be 7 to 8 members strong by the start of season 2.

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
That is pretty annoying as the original label isn't even remotely accurate a times.

I do like the poster. Some have talked about how the Hawk and Dove episodes take away from the Titans but they are Titans. The show is about the members that will make up the team and that isn't limited to Robin, Starfire, Raven, and Beast Boy. In fact someone else should be on that poster but since they come in on the second half of the season I guess they're leaving them off. That team is looking like it's going to be 7 to 8 members strong by the start of season 2.

There's an entire episode named after the character you're talking about, so I agree that it was weird they're not on the poster. Also if the end of season 2 doesn't have the character from the post-season credits on the main roster the showrunners have majorly screwed up.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they can get someone as buff as him. [redacted] needs to be cast very well, he kinda is a character I love.

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Watched 7 episodes yesterday and the remaining 4 today. What a great show. Is S2 already confirmed with this ending? I need more, god damnit!

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
It's not as bad as the trailers made it out to be.

It's far from the best DC show (Gotham, Krypton, Legends of Tomorrow) but it's up there.
is krypton really legit?
i love gotham and legends but is krypton on the same level? from the trailers looks really bad and the main lead seems dull...

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
is krypton really legit?
i love gotham and legends but is krypton on the same level? from the trailers looks really bad and the main lead seems dull...
Yeah, I thought it was legit.

I think it helps that it's only 10 episodes. There's no pointless filler like the CW shows.

It's worth a shot. Then again, I'm one of those people that really like MoS and BVS.

Deleted member 27246

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Binged the whole show in a couple of days. Loved it. Violence is pretty brutal, more so than I expected.

CGI is a bit shit though

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm on episode nine and hope to finish it tonight but so far I'm really enjoying it.

Might be a bit early but I think I prefer it to all of the Marvel/Netflix shows o.O

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
I'm pleasantly surprised. This is a gritty superhero drama done right.

But the pacing has "Netflix series" written all over it. Yes let's just pause the whole story while we slot in an origin story for Hawk and Dove, lol.

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
Watched 10 episodes so far and I'm loving it.
I admire the fact that they went full on with the DC lore as much as they could.
Donna Troy is perfect
The origin episode of Hawk and Dove is the best for me, directed by Akiva Goldsman, he needs to do more.

The Last Laugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 31, 2018
I almost gave up on it very early on but went back and gave it another shot with a marathon and am glad I did. It has very glaring flaws like the budget is shoe string (Arkham was embarrassing as was Wayne Manor) and they are definitely not putting alot of extras to work but I think the core is there that can keep getting better.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
I gotta say I enjoyed this more than any of the Marvel Netflix series.
Yes, even more than Daredevil and Punisher.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Just finished it. That was fantastic, probably my favourite superhero show at the moment.

I really thought they were going to rush the Trigon encounter in the eleventh episode but wow, they really pulled a great twist. I guess Season 1 could be a bit lacking for some but as an introduction to the characters and build to the confrontation with Trigon, it did its job perfectly.

No idea where they're going with Superboy and Krypto in the post-credits scene but I gotta say I'm wary of them just adding Young Justice members to the team.

Looking forward to season 2. Plz make Donna Troy, Hawk and Dove regulars.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking loved this show, haven't binged a show this fast since Daredevil S1.

Loved how different it was from Marvel's shows on Netflix.

Does Netflix have the rights for more DC based shows now? and anyone recommend a similar show to Titans?

Status
Not open for further replies.