• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I kinda figured they just put off the resolution of season 1 (for whatever reason) to the beginning of season 2, and they'll start a new arc. But I guess we'll see.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Halfway to being Bruce from Batman Beyond. Guess it makes sense with how old Dick is here.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Would be nice if they included a picture of the actor and not just bruce Wayne.

Last edited:

Chris McQueen

Self-requested ban
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
London
...but isn't this Aqualad?

0*fxc63SHBMxA758ha.

I just googled, as I have no idea who these characters are.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
Hummm... not sure if they should really call him Aqualad. Tempest or whatever new alias Garth is going these days would be better to not confuse people with the superior (fight me) Kaldur. And truth to be told, not sure if Titans would need an Aqualad anyway.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Hummm... not sure if they should really call him Aqualad. Tempest or whatever new alias Garth is going these days would be better to not confuse people with the superior (fight me) Kaldur. And truth to be told, not sure if Titans would need an Aqualad anyway.

Garth is the Titans' Aqualad and Kaldur is Teen Titans' Aqualad. Isn't really hard to understand if you know about DC's generational legacy history

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
Garth is the Titans' Aqualad and Kaldur is Teen Titans' Aqualad. Isn't really hard to understand if you know about DC's generational legacy history

I read Titans comics since the 70s. Watched the cartoons too. I understand that, but also consider that Titans TV series is a mix of both teams, Raven is a Teen Titan in the current continuity (as Lilith is her equal place on Titans). And consider that the series will also introduce Connor, a Teen and who also is present in the EW show Young Justice at the same streaming platform.

I am saying that I don't see a reason to use Garth (let alone a blond Garth) in Titans, when there are plenty of other heroes that can be introduced without overlapping legacy characters. I guess Aqualad is an "easy" character to pull out for a live action show.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
#notmyAqualad.

Was hoping for Kaldur, really disappointed with this choice.

Bruce Wayne casting is hype as fuck though. Hopefully the show survives whatever is happening behind the scenes over at DC.

Oct 25, 2017

He'll probably start as Aqualad and then become Tempest later on. As far as if the show needs him, I don't know, but I'm happy to see him here. He's an iconic member of the Titans (one of the founding members in the comics), so it makes sense to include him, and I'm sure the show can do some interesting stuff with him.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Not my Aqualad but I do know that there are different Aqualads. I'll gladly see how this Aqualad develops as a character.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
I read Titans comics since the 70s. Watched the cartoons too. I understand that, but also consider that Titans TV series is a mix of both teams, Raven is a Teen Titan in the current continuity (as Lilith is her equal place on Titans). And consider that the series will also introduce Connor, a Teen and who also is present in the EW show Young Justice at the same streaming platform.

I am saying that I don't see a reason to use Garth (let alone a blond Garth) in Titans, when there are plenty of other heroes that can be introduced without overlapping legacy characters. I guess Aqualad is an "easy" character to pull out for a live action show.
Actually in comics, i believe stare fire and raven...and beast boy are with the Titans now. That said i don't really mind the over lapping legacies. But i know it can bug some people, i tend to just go with the flow unless something crazy happens.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017

I'm thinking this since this Aqualad seems to be in Robin's age group that he was apart of his old team.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking this since this Aqualad seems to be in Robin's age group that he was apart of his old team.

Despite being on the same age group he is still a fish out of water (pun indeed) if they were never friends before. Season 1 established a strong bond between Robin and Donna, and to some extent, to Hawk&Dove. But there was no original Teen Titans in this universe (other than Dick&Donna team-ups) unless there is some re-writing to add him to their past. Plus since it is doubtful that they will use a Kid Flash and Speedy/Arsenal/Red Arrow in the series (due to WB shows) the original gang would never be completed. I would rather prefer to move Cyborg from DP to Titans. And season 2 will be packed with Nightwing introduction, possible Troy (or at least a more prominent Wonder Girl) and Connor.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
Actually in comics, i believe stare fire and raven...and beast boy are with the Titans now. That said i don't really mind the over lapping legacies. But i know it can bug some people, i tend to just go with the flow unless something crazy happens.

Oh I think you are right, Teen Titans is the freak teenage Damian group now in the comics, right? Plus Connor and Wonder Girl are on Young Justice. Too many teen groups.

Last edited:

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Despite being on the same age group he is still a fish out of water (pun indeed) if they were never friends before. Season 1 established a strong bond between Robin and Donna, and to some extent, to Hawk&Dove. But there was no original Teen Titans in this universe (other than Dick&Donna team-ups) unless there is some re-writing to add him to their past. Plus since it is doubtful that they will use a Kid Flash and Speedy/Arsenal/Red Arrow in the series (due to WB shows) the original gang would never be completed. I would rather prefer to move Cyborg from DP to Titans. And season 2 will be packed with Nightwing introduction, possible Troy (or at least a more prominent Wonder Girl) and Connor.
There doesn't need to be any rewriting, there's enough holes to fill to say there was a team involved in his past. Dick teamed up with both Donna and H&D. Not a stretch for them to have made a short lived team.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
So are we actually going to get a Flash in this? Can my boy Wally get some time to shine? or am I just stuck with an endless loop of disappointment in the comics..

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Expected an asian dude for aqualad since besides Young Justice Kaldur, I have the blue long haired dude from the Teen Titans animation as my go to image of him

Status
Not open for further replies.