• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have "access" to the first ep, but I didn't get a chance to watch it... hope to catch up later today soon

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I don't really need Starfire or Beast Boy yet. Strongest point was Raven and Dick.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
First episode surprisingly wasn't that bad. Didn't think it would be this violent though even with the way they marketed it. Dick has seriously got no chill at all and Starfire is a terminator. I'll keep watching, the Raven story has me interested and seems like they are going with Beast Boy being a dumbass which is good.

Looking forward to seeing how crazy Hawk and Dove are if Dick is the baseline for costume vigilante antics.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
Thought the pilot was pretty solid all around.

A few mild spoilers in my impressions below

Definitely liking Grayson the most so far. The concerns about Raven or Starfire are quelled somewhat, though I'm not a particularly big fan of either character so I can't speak to how well adapted they are, just that I liked them for the most part too.

Not much Beast Boy yet but the tease of him was still pretty good.

You expect them to put little flashback sequences in shows like this (showing the history of Robin for example), but I thought those worked too. Hope we get more of those honestly.

They really are putting on the edge for the fight sequences though. Feels straight out of BvS (which apparently was their intent and inspiration point, re: Batman) only turned up a little. Fine with me but I can see some people rolling their eyes at it trying a bit too hard with the violence.

I loved the part where Robin lands in front of a bunch of bad guys and they immediately start looking for Batman, all but ignoring Robin until they think he's alone. You get the sense that he's been dealing with that his entire hero career, probably feeds into his disdain for Batman some (with the methodology complaints he had coming first.)

Overall... feels more Netflix than CW and that's what I was hoping.

I'll keep watching... but honestly, more interested in the upcoming Swamp Thing show. If it's roughly this quality or better, I'll be content.

Last edited:

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
This is interesting so far. I thought it was like a solid 6.5/10. Not bad.

I liked Robin. I liked Raven (though I hope she develops some dead pan humour). The tease for beast boy was interesting. Starfire felt frustrating because we couldn't really establish a baseline besides confusion/frustration (which she felt too).Is any other heroes part of the Titans besides the four so far?

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
This is interesting so far. I thought it was like a solid 6.5/10. Not bad.

I liked Robin. I liked Raven (though I hope she develops some dead pan humour). The tease for beast boy was interesting. Starfire felt frustrating because we couldn't really establish a baseline besides confusion/frustration (which she felt too).Is any other heroes part of the Titans besides the four so far?

Lots of people in the comics but not in the tv show as far as we know.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Watched the first episode. LOL everyone is a murderer?

It wasn't bad, and I like the casting. But besides Beast Boy everyone ends with a body on 'em.

Last edited:

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I don't think Robin killed any of those guys. He definitely fucked them up, but there was no direct death. He even left the guy he was after, alive, but seriously beaten.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Indeed, and he is clearly conflicted about going that far. Dick and Jason are going to differ in that regard.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
For anyone who wasn't at the DC Titans Panel for NYCC:

1. The second episode is great (They showed us both the first and second episode).
  2. This already got renewed for a second season and already beginning to film the second season.
  3. They already know who's gonna be potentially joining the cast (character wise, not acting wise) for Titans.
Definitely gonna sub to this OT. If there was a Titans-ERA Discord Community to do watch throughs as a group, it'd be so much fun lol.

Sober

Oct 25, 2017

I feel like for TV credits I have not seen direct credit , only to DC.

Don't even think when Superman shows up in Supergirl they drop the Siegel/Shuster credits. And let's be honest if you see a single glimpse of Superman in one fraction of a frame in the comics they'll credit those two guys.

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone who wasn't at the DC Titans Panel for NYCC:

1. The second episode is great (They showed us both the first and second episode).
  2. This already got renewed for a second season and already beginning to film the second season.
  3. They already know who's gonna be potentially joining the cast (character wise, not acting wise) for Titans.
Definitely gonna sub to this OT. If there was a Titans-ERA Discord Community to do watch throughs as a group, it'd be so much fun lol.

Looking forward to seeing who else joins next season. I know Jim Lee mentioned Jericho as someone they were having talks about. Garth would be someone I'd really like to see on the show.

Looking forward to the second episode and to see where the rest of the season goes.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Looking forward to seeing who else joins next season. I know Jim Lee mentioned Jericho as someone they were having talks about. Garth would be someone I'd really like to see on the show.

Looking forward to the second episode and to see where the rest of the season goes.

I'd go into detail using the spoiler tag if anyone here is really interested in what happens. It's a really good episode. It felt like we were watching a movie tbh.

Also, another small thing:
They showed us the DC Doom Patrol teaser trailer, it looked better than the screenshots we've seen. (It wasn't much, just like a 15-25 second trailer of a scene with all the characters @ a dinner table)

Once again: TitansERA Discord is also available and I'd take time to create it and run it with one or two other members if they're down :)

Last edited:

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think Robin killed any of those guys. He definitely fucked them up, but there was no direct death. He even left the guy he was after, alive, but seriously beaten.

Indeed, and he is clearly conflicted about going that far. Dick and Jason are going to differ in that regard.

I'm not usually a "that guy's dead from successive punches to the face" sort of guy. I like to allow a lot of creative license for cartoon violence. But he stabbed two different dudes in the neck with parts of a gun. Those guys? They have to be dead lol.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I was kinda taken aback that they showed ravens fake mom with her brains out.

Like that seemed a bit much.

I've also listened to heaven must be missing an angel a bunch since starfire used it.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've been on vacation so I haven't had the opportunity to watch it. But I'm extremely excited about watching when I get home!!!

Deleted member 34881

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
It's not terrible, I will keep watching though. Dick Grayson is one of my favourite characters in dc and so far I don't like him as much. Hopefully it changes though.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I finally watched the ep...

It's far too early to judge the show based on this pilot.

The show was very Rachel and Dick centric, with a bit of Starfire and Beast Boy at the end...

I like the cameo for Visions Electronics... that's a canadian electronics chain... and this show shoots in Toronto.

I saw an easter egg for Dr. Fate on the backpack of Rachel in one scene

The show felt very much like a Berlantiverse show that was on the darker side like an Arrow imo...

Way more hardcore in the blood and beating up than an other show to be sure

so the tonal shift is a bit abrupt at times

I think the guy playing Dick Grayson is pretty good, probably the strongest character for me in the show so far in the pilot

Rachel's dichotomy of being an innocent 13 year old girl with a CG demon side of her... not so sure about yet.

I need more eps to make a better call here, I neither liked nor disliked it.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But I gotta give it up for that Robin alley fight sequence... gat damn

No more looking down on the Boy Wonder... he gon hardcore

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck Batman line almost cut me. So edgy.
He could have said screw Batman with the same effect. They want to set the tone of edginess. Even The shot of dead "mother" is unnecessary, because we already saw her getting blown off.
They could have saved the violence at the last part.

I hope the other show is not Berlantti. I need a different tone

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck Batman line almost cut me. So edgy.
He could have said screw Batman with the same effect. They want to set the tone of edginess. Even The shot of dead "mother" is unnecessary, because we already saw her getting blown off.
They could have saved the violence at the last part.

I hope the other show is not Berlantti. I need a different tone

It's 2018 and people still find profanity to be edgy? The trailer we first heard it in? Sure. But in context it's fine, and I didn't really think much of it after it was done.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
It's 2018 and people still find profanity to be edgy? The trailer we first heard it in? Sure. But in context it's fine, and I didn't really think much of it after it was done.
Again he could had used other word than Fuck and still make a point. He can say screw Batman and still deliver the message of I don't care about Batman.

To me Robin saying it. Didn't deliver an emotional impact.

Last edited:

lucas_hood

Mar 20, 2018
I enjoyed it and will continue to watch...

Robin destroyed those dudes .....Hope we possibly, with some luck, get deathstroke in the show somehow?????

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
Profanity is fine, but in this instance it feels try-hard in an attempt to be 'edgy'.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
It was edgy in the trailer. Here it was different. The villains were disrespecting the fuck out of him. Looking at the sky to see where his partner was at, ignoring him entirely because "Where's Batman", and they even got overconfident once they thought he was alone. So after he beat their asses he was like "Fuck Batman", and it came off comedic.

If anything was edgy it was the fight scene.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
If they used Screw Batman, you guys would be in here complaining it is too tame for not using fuck.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
If they used Screw Batman, you guys would be in here complaining it is too tame for not using fuck.

Actually, having seen the episode, the biggest problem is that the word is used way too late. If it was a "where is batman ?" "fuck batman" "oh the bird is all alone" it would have made way more sense.

But having the bad guys talk, all the fight scene, the kickin in the door scene and THEN having the "fuck batman" you pratically forgot already someone mentioned batman.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Hmm, I liked how they used it in the show. It was an exclamation mark to the whole scene. It was like a "How you like those apples" kinda thing, haha.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
The placement shows he cares still too much, enough to not want to say it in front of them.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Actually, having seen the episode, the biggest problem is that the word is used way too late. If it was a "where is batman ?" "fuck batman" "oh the bird is all alone" it would have made way more sense.

But having the bad guys talk, all the fight scene, the kickin in the door scene and THEN having the "fuck batman" you pratically forgot already someone mentioned batman.

This would've been much more edgy IMO. Why you talking to the criminals, just punch 'em.

I think this was always meant to be a comedy thing, it's not just an accident of how the trailer was cut.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So the security guard is clearly playing on a PS4... but was playing some kind of retro 8-bit game... don't recognise it, anybody know?

Then we see all those PS4 game boxes and Xbox One boxes... but NO Switch games?!?! Show is clearly anti-Nintendo!

And Beast Boy stole an Xbox game... cuz it's green :D

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
So the security guard is clearly playing on a PS4... but was playing some kind of retro 8-bit game... don't recognise it, anybody know?

Then we see all those PS4 game boxes and Xbox One boxes... but NO Switch games?!?! Show is clearly anti-Nintendo!

And Beast Boy stole an Xbox game... cuz it's green :D

No, no. You got it backwards. There are no Switch games because they are completely sold out. That or other thieves stole them already.

Status
Not open for further replies.