• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
No, Bleach wasn't cancelled. People are saying it but it's not. With this same interview Kubo says that he planned the final (which you can see that he's not good at it)

Either way, there's more about Bleach in the time that ended that justify it than the contrary.
I'm calling bullshit. There's no way that was his planned ending.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Bleach might've not been cancelled but it was clear that both Bleach and Toriko were pressured into rushing their endings. neither one was cutting it in sales anymore.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I'm calling bullshit. There's no way that was his planned ending.

Bleach might've not been cancelled but it was clear that both Bleach and Toriko were pressured into rushing their endings. neither one was cutting it in sales anymore.
Kubo claimed he ended the way he wanted and someone said he was tired can't remember

Wouldn't be surprised if he was pressure because the chapters preceding the finale felt like it could have gone longer

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Excellent video about Bleach's editorial trajectory (and what led to its ending):

Last edited:

SunKing

Oct 25, 2017
Kubo was also definitely disenchanted with the publisher by the time he was on that final arc. It started becoming very apparent that he was all "to hell with it" in that last arc.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Kubo claimed he ended the way he wanted and someone said he was tired can't remember

Wouldn't be surprised if he was pressure because the chapters preceding the finale felt like it could have gone longer
He literally off-panelled the final fight if memory serves. If that's not a case of the editors shutting him down then what is?

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the whole climax of Bleach wasn't very Kubo-like. Sure he left a lot of plot out in the open, but the fact that the final battle with Ywach wasn't like five volumes long tells me he didn't get what he wanted. The final chapter might've been the same, but hte climax of the arc was clearly rushed.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
kubo spent an insane amount of chapters on that stupid thor wannabe character that just wouldn't die. that tells you that he wasn't planning on ending it so soon. he was absolutely gonna drag the arc out much more and jump probably knew this and just told him to end it. no way he had that ending planned out.

OP
OP
Reyes
Excellent video about Bleach's editorial trajectory (and what led to its ending):

e907d6c55b8b8c6bf4fd404b24c91357fe7feeb402ae183bdff067e394941414.gif

During Aizen and after Aizen gif.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No it's not. It's a shit video that does not state anything meaningful but bias shot opinion. There are many misgivings and inaccuracies in that video. It's trash.
Weren't you already warned for posting like this? It's a good, well made video that nails Bleach's issue, unless you're delusional. The only bias is you. You're not even providing arguments aside from aggressive hot takes.

CO_Andy

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't kept up with this thread. I take it Calm Waterfall is the only Bleach shill in this thread?

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
lmao Bleach definitely got canceled/rushed. No one plans a final fight that shitty and short. He probably meant that he planned the final chapter with the pairings and stuff. This is not a man known for planning a single thing story related. He admitted himself to even forgetting stuff he wrote.

Oct 28, 2017
User was warned for this post: Ignoring past warning, and insulting other users.
Did...you even read the war...or the Fullbringer arc...or the end of the aizen arc...or soul society rescue arc 2.0 Hollow edition?
Yes i have read those and they are good to great. If nothing else these arcs had plenty of character and story development. Did you read Skypia, Thriller bark, Fishmen island (worse arc in manga history, my god that was painful to read), Punk Hazard, Dressrosa? Zou was a great arc because of exposition, and story development (about damn time). WCI arc is all over the place it has good moment, but it´s very uneven and if i think the arc will end the way i think it will be (Sanji saving the day with a cake) the whole arc will be garbage.
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1008743/

lame OP fanbase for making up shit bigger, when the poster clearly didn't read the OP.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/one-piece-manga-ot-this-is-our-era.547/ Oh hey, nevermind then. I swear it´s like some of you here does not know of irony, introspection or self reflection in any way shape or form. You accuse him of something yet you are on the forefront of the offensive in this thread that is made by you. Also if you actually read the translations of the interview you would know that thread is extremely bias on your behalf, and you did not bother with the translation and just made the thread using a one piece fanboy site LMAO.
Bleach Is better than one piece.

Entryhazard

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes i have read those and they are good to great. If nothing else these arcs had plenty of character and story development. Did you read Skypia, Thriller bark, Fishmen island (worse arc in manga history, my god that was painful to read), Punk Hazard, Dressrosa?
Dissing on Skypiea will just out you as the biggset fool
Zou was a great arc because of exposition, and story development (about damn time).
Considering you just shat on Dressrosa I laughed IRL at this
WCI arc is all over the place it has good moment, but it´s very uneven and if i think the arc will end the way i think it will be (Sanji saving the day with a cake) the whole arc will be garbage.
WCI is plenty fine, and thinking it will be garbage because of baking a cake is so wrong I don't even know where to begin. It's almost like you only care about fight sequences.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reyes
Still seems like Beam is still heated and didn't take mods advice and still hasen't read the OP cause it goes beyond the interview with someone whos worked with Oda and at Shueisha who very trust worthy(I even stated it could be in a joking manner the interview), seems like your the only one with a bias and confrontational here where I haven't been in here.

Last edited:

Sedef122

Nov 7, 2017
No it's not. It's a shit video that does not state anything meaningful but bias shit opinion. There are many misgivings and inaccuracies in that video. It's trash.

Explain why if you don't mind. Ranting about something like this just makes you look like the fool even if you actually do have a point. I have only just started reading One Piece and have not read any of Bleach so have no horse in this race, however, you are not helping your cause by coming off like an enraged fanboy.

Psycho_Mantis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

This video is largely inaccurate as it bases much of it on Editor rankings. Oda has already come out to say that popularity is not what defines the ranking but it ultimately what the editor wants. Its why many new series are often placed high to advertise them.

A better method would be looking at sales. Also the video hugely undermines Bleach's popularity overseas.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
This video is largely inaccurate as it bases much of it on Editor rankings. Oda has already come out to say that popularity is not what defines the ranking but it ultimately what the editor wants. Its why many new series are often placed high to advertise them.

A better method would be looking at sales. Also the video hugely undermines Bleach's popularity overseas.
The rankings are based on what the audience enjoys the most, not what the editors are picking and choosing. WSJ readers send in their favs to Sheushia on a weekly basis and that's where we get the rankings from. The only exception is the cover pages which yeah tend to be used to advertise new series.

Secondly the video doesn't undermine the popularity of Bleach at all. Bleach is only more popular than One Piece in America. In terms of sales in European countries, it's the reverse.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017

Bleach popularity over seasons don't mean that much overall to tell the truth .
Yeah it more popular in USA but it's not like that really help like with Naruto or DB when it came to games sales etc etc etc .
Also manga sales so small out side Japan that it's drop in bucket .
France has one of the biggest manga market out side Japan and OP sold 1.3 million total last year making it best selling series with 3 vols .
That number is really small and bleach was 9th best selling with 6 vols so just think about how small that number would be per vol .

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
it's pretty much established fact, at least in the court of popular opinion

bleach is regarded as garbage almost universally. for some reason, soul society often gets a pass, but it shouldn't
Except that there is no such thing as a fact of popular opinion. Bleach is well regarded almost everywhere, and soul society arc is better than anything in one piece.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Except that there is no such thing as a fact of popular opinion. Bleach is well regarded almost everywhere, and soul society arc is better than anything in one piece.
Eh not really seems like a consensus is that it wasn't as great as it was after soul society arc and the final arc was divisive to say the least

Maybe I go in specific circles

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I've never seen or read OP, was a MASSIVE fan of Bleach but Bleach is in no way shape or form regarded well anymore. It's the poster child for something great going to total shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.