• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

necrosis

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
like, if you enjoy bleach, more power to you. to say it is popularly or critically well-regarded is an outright lie, though

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
I've never seen or read OP, was a MASSIVE fan of Bleach but Bleach is in no way shape or form regarded well anymore. It's the poster child for something great going to total shit.

As bad as some people thought Naruto got the sales were still very high and ranking was okay .
The same thing not happen with bleach so it has to be something or the other that people did not like.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
As bad as some people thought Naruto got the sales were still very high and ranking was okay .
The same thing not happen with bleach so it has to be something or the other that people did not like.
That's your opinion, in my opinion, everyone loved Bleach till the end, and it's sales were ten times better than One Piece. Bleach is the most beloved manga ever.

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yes it is.

No it is not. It´s well both popularly and critically regarded whether you like or not.

So popular the show was canceled and the writer was forced to rush the ending of the comic.

On topic though this seems pretty petty imo, hate someone else's work because it's more popular than yours? Jeez.

Last edited:

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Him being bored with it ?

If he was bored with it he could have ended it faster since the last arc was fairly long .
Unless at that point it was more about the cash than anything else.
Either way a fair amount of people would say bleach had rush ending or something like that .
It being Kubo or the editors or even jump fault won't really change that .

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest I think the only hope for Bleach is maybe if Kubo decides to rewrite it someday with him doing the art and another (better) writer doing the story, Bleach could genuinely be a great manga. The foundation is clearly there, and most of the lore and story itself is full of interesting and good ides. But like I said none of it goes anywhere, and none of the characters progress with the narrative outside of gaining new powers.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
Kubo should go obata or murata's route, they only draw and let a writer handle the story

munchie64

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing weird about it. OP is incredibly hard to get into: the art style is wacky, the nature is nonsensical and the fights look to be a mess. OP has never been as popular as the Bleach and Naruto were overseas during the heydays.
I realise this post is pretty old, but it kinda blows my mind. Incredibly hard to get into It's like the third highest selling comic ever.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
OP fights flow well, I don't understand how people can say it's a mess
MHA, now that's a mess

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
MHA, now that's a mess
You must always take these criticisms with a grain of salt cause no one that says this type of hyperbole has actually spent time with the series. There's nothing wrong with good critique but saying a series is shit because of some superficial reason is a sign that they shouldn't be judging the series' entirety in the first place.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Except that there is no such thing as a fact of popular opinion. Bleach is well regarded almost everywhere, and soul society arc is better than anything in one piece.
Bleach never got a giant ad on The New York Times newspaper.

jLhce.jpg

Just sayin.

Oct 26, 2017
MHA, now that's a mess

I don't know about MHA, but anyone who even tries to argue that "Oda doesn't know what he's doing with the panels" or "it's a mess" is talking out of their ass and need to read these threads.
(*Spoilers, of course)

https://thelibraryofohara.com/2017/11/12/the-importance-of-paneling-in-one-piece-luffy-vs-lucci/

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/comments/7c5uuu/how_oda_uses_paneling_in_one_piece_chapter_885/

Oct 26, 2017
What sites are you referring to? Cause the sentiment I see most often is "Bleach stopped being good after the Soul Society arc"
Bleach gets a lot of hate post-Soul Society arc, but as a fanboy of Bleach I'll speak up for the anime (never read manga) as it is getting beaten to a pulp in here. While that arc overall is easily the best arc there are a lot of great moments in Bleach after that arc. For example, Grimmjow's first encounter with Ichigo is great. Aaand....ok. It has been too long, so I can't remember hardly anyone's names.

The Bleach anime at least has great music! Better than One Piece, Dragon Ball Z, HunterxHunter. Let it at least have that win, please.

Playco Armboy

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Bleach gets a lot of hate post-Soul Society arc, but as a fanboy of Bleach I'll speak up for the anime (never read manga) as it is getting beaten to a pulp in here. While that arc overall is easily the best arc there are a lot of great moments in Bleach after that arc. For example, Grimmjow's first encounter with Ichigo is great. Aaand....ok. It has been too long, so I can't remember hardly anyone's names.

The Bleach anime at least has great music! Better than One Piece, Dragon Ball Z, HunterxHunter. Let it at least have that win, please.

It has better animation than at least two of those three, so that's another thing in its favour.

Though generally speaking, Bleach's animation is just mediocre, maybe above-average at times. It's that OP and DBZ's are gutter-tier, so Bleach compares favorably.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Hating someone because his other work is more popular seems petty...

As a cosplay community member, Bleach hugely dropped relevance during Hueco Mundo arc. Which was sad because the Gotei 13 costumes were great. Hopefully Kubo can work with a good writer/editor for his next series because I still want to read his work.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
MHA, now that's a mess
MHA fights are pretty easy to follow, but characters sometimes do small attacks that are not always super clear exactly how it was done.

This for example:

5EUbs.gif

vwnt1.png

In the manga I thought he bit his thumb. Nowhere in that panel does it tell me that he's gonna use his mouth to flick it.

Wild Card

Oct 26, 2017
I enjoyed Bleach well past the Soul Society arc as well, my interest was definitely was waning around the time they introduced the Vizords though. Also Histugaya beating Harribel got me heated. I saw episodes pretty sporadically during the fake Karakura stuff, and after Aizen went down I dropped off completely.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
MHA fights are pretty easy to follow, but characters sometimes do small attacks that are not always super clear exactly how it was done.

This for example:

5EUbs.gif

vwnt1.png

In the manga I thought he bit his thumb. Nowhere in that panel does it tell me that he's gonna use his mouth to flick it.
I'd say MHA has the least consistent fights of the bunch. Depending on Hori's health it can range from clear fight choreography to a jumbled mess. This range is really highlighted in the current arc.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say MHA has the least consistent fights of the bunch. Depending on Hori's health it can range from clear fight choreography to a jumbled mess. This range is really highlighted in the current arc.
I already got a glimpse of it with Stain. It was cool looking fight but the flow was all over the place.

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
Bleach fans are like DCEU Fans. Defending something that have great potential but denying that most audiences don't like the series. They even blame Jump /DC for interfering with the author when it's clear that when left alone they produce something similar (Bleach final 4 years arc/ BVS ultimate cut).

At least Bleach is great until after SS arc and DCEU have Wonder Woman.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Bleach definitely has some incredible music, On The Precipice of Defeat is fucking incredible for setting the mood and Number One is my goto music for marking out.

That being said... the music at the beginning of this scene of HxH just gives me chills, and I teared up when Elegy of the Dynast played when
Mereum remembers Komugi

Playco Armboy

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Bleach fans are like DCEU Fans. Defending something that have great potential but denying that most audiences don't like the series. They even blame Jump /DC for interfering with the author when it's clear that when left alone they produce something similar (Bleach final 4 years arc/ BVS ultimate cut).

At least Bleach is great until after SS arc and DCEU have Wonder Woman.

Bleach fans also think it's 'deep' and 'profound' because of all the random symbolism Kubo shoved in.

MANUELF

Oct 25, 2017
Why is anyone still arguing with Calm Waterfall aka Beam? He won't ever do any impartial commentary and he is blindly defending Bleach until the end with no proof and calling anything that shows he is wrong as false or opinions

OT: I detect jeaolusly from Kubo but thats normal, Oda has the biggest manga ever

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kubo is a hack. He couldn't even stick to a coherent story and character development after the Soul Society arc which was basically the second arc.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
I think the moment I knew Bleach was over was when Isshin killed Grand Fisher. Purely for the sake of shock and escalation Kubo killed off a compelling antagonist and took away one of the only humanizing motivations for Ichigo. This all happens in the first 188 chapters of Bleach. Say what you want about One Piece being formulaic but at least Oda is able to pace out his stories. During my first few read throughs I never gave Oda enough credit for how patient he was setting up the Ace/Blackbeard/White Beard conflict in the background. The Ace plot is such a solid through line in part one that doesn't overpower the main crews story but makes the world of One Piece feel so alive.

Kubo killing off Grand Fisher was such a slap in the face. Fuck you Kubo.
2dbtjpt.jpg

Oct 26, 2017
I think he was going for "Oh my god, that is so badass!" but yeah...plot-wise, it was more like "Yeah, I'm done with this story because I forgot about it." or something.

Oct 28, 2017
Bleach is roasted in almost every corner of the internet it's in, except for maybe like r/bleach.

It's terrible overall.
LMAO. Most normal manga fans consider Bleach to be good except the rushed ending. Maybe you have not been on a little site called YouTube and seen their reactions to the first half of the Quincy war arc where most said it's pretty good to great. But hey you hanging on Arlong Park or here means almost every corner of the internet LMAO.

Also LMAO at the add paper post, Bleach was in the top ten New York book best seller for years while one piece was not. In big parts of the West Bleach has always been more popular than one piece plenty of places outside of Japan And some people who only in the US can't back it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.